Resource The Start of a Helpful User Guide- now with pictures !

Currently reading:
Resource The Start of a Helpful User Guide- now with pictures !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Inner Sanctum: A Guide

So! My goal here is to identify issues I see people having frequently, and in turn, making little guides that should be helpful to those that need more of a visual to understand things.
This will grow over time as I find more topics to share with you all.

Thank you for not banning me, James.

Last edited:
Mobile Users:

This one will be for you.
If you are using your phone to view the site, there are some things you may or may not know. What I want you to do is turn your phone sideways (unlock that screen position).

This is the top of my screen with my phone upright in my hand. And then the same location on the screen if I turn it.
WBo95JP.png
l3yY753.png

Again, let's look at my RT. It's got some fancy coding in there that will stretch out your screen. Or, maybe not?

BUOXdOK.png
5bfCWFc.png

And last example I have for you is the preferences page. No side bar vs. side bar. There are things hiding from you in plain sight.
G1Of1nd.png
7EiBJFB.png

Last edited:
Editor Playground:

First and foremost, NOTE THE LINK.

I... Did not realize it was there, I genuinely thought this page was just broken or something when I first started.
In playground, you can test coding and follow the link easily to find a basic guide to possible BB codes on site.

Please Note: the playground will not save a draft of anything you are editing.
It's not like a normal post box and if you leave the page you will lose anything you had there unless you hit back on your browser and get lucky.

9qWXHIF.png

So let's try to test out an image's size just because I need some sort of example, and you all could probably benefit from this trick, too.

"Oh no, help me, my image is HUGE. "
cWrf3Ka.png

CLICK on the image. A box will appear. You can adjust your size so easily.

cWrf3Ka.png

Another method is to toggle on the BB Code marked with the [ ] symbol button shown on the top right.

VzZ72Kd.png

Last edited:
Theme Picker:

You can go about this two different ways.
The first is by going through the Preferences page.
To do this you click your name, then Preferences.
You'll see a drop-down menu.
gCM6tPT.png
1yXlIln.png

There's another route to take here and it has previews!
First you'll want to get to the bottom of your page. Don't want to scroll there?
Click on the down arrow found at the bottom left of your screen!

lBcdrMC.png

Now, that you're at the end of the page, you'll see this bottom bar:

wuZmaFk.png

Just click on that style chooser, and— because James just updated this feature recently (this is currently broken and may or may not come back) — an awesome preview box will appear.

W244lJK.png

Themes are updated from time to time.
Notice the Accessibility themes?
These, in particular, may or may not help with dyslexia.

Last edited:
Navigating Your Threads:

When you're new to a forum setting, it's easy to feel a little lost.
Essentially, anything that you have posted can be found in a handful of ways, so let's check that out.

If you're at the top of the screen it's going to look a lot like this.

1iQ8QDG.png

If you're further down the screen, you can click the arrow that sits beside the "Forums" button.

bMBuC1b.png

and for mobile,

enH8Exa.png
kXgmRkp.png

Your Threads: This is a list of the threads that you've started yourself.
Threads With Your Posts: Any thread you've made a post inside will appear in this list.

Watched Threads:
( I'll break this down a little first )

The Watch Function is a great way to keep an eye on threads. You can view the settings for this under preferences.
Edit these as it suits you.

1RJFsh6.png

Automatically watch content you create: will give you a notification if someone has posted in your thread. It will also add your thread to your "watched threads."
You'll also get emails for this unless you turn that off.
Automatically watch content you interact with: means if you post in any thread, it will be added into your watch list.

You can also choose to do this manually. If you are already watching a thread, the same button will give you the option to "unwatch" it.

rdGtVmm.png

So, if you're in a roleplay with someone, and they started the thread, make sure to click that watch button so it doesn't get lost!
And, if you've found threads you just like to look at and want to get updates on them, watch it, buddy!
You get it.

KhJ5AJu.png

Last edited:
Locking your Request Threads:
This is a great feature that is only available to users when posting request threads.
Locking it means no other user can post comments below, though you are able to, because it's your thread.

So, let's start with a new thread.
You'll begin to set it up as you normally would.
But, go ahead and click that button that says
"More Options..."

FaH5sX3.png

Once you open that menu, it will look like this at the bottom of the page.
Noticed the box I have placed, this is the important part.

QnBZF1H.png

Uncheck the box.

rqzMHv6.png

After you post your thread, you will see this under your post.

B8AQrtM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom