All [[TITLE, WHAT TITLE: Cyberpunk(ish), Dystopian, Psychic Powers, Dark]] //OPEN

Currently reading:
All [[TITLE, WHAT TITLE: Cyberpunk(ish), Dystopian, Psychic Powers, Dark]] //OPEN

Malice

Goblin King
Local time
Tomorrow 12:08 AM
Pronouns
Your/Majesty
[[Welcome]]⛤

Hello one, hello all. I've got a craving for a group roleplay, and a craving for a vague idea. Let's put them together and see what happens.

Genre: Near Future/Cyberpunk, Dystopian, Dark/Heavy, Science Fiction/Psychic Powers, Body Horror(ish), Potential Apocalyptic
Number of Players: 3 – 5, including myself
Style of Writing: Looking for players who write at a casual/advanced level
Pairing: Any x Any (MxF, FxF, MxF; trans and NB friendly; queer writers/characters are encouraged)
Plot/Smut Ratio: Are you really thinking about sex at a time like this?! Who am I kidding, course you are. Plot for group play, any smut between players can be taken to individual threads.

Plot
I don't have a concrete idea yet, I confess. It's largely based off of half an idea, an aesthetic and the hope that some fine folks here will have some great ideas of their own to contribute (I believe the best roleplays build off of the ideas of all writers involved).

So I rewatched Akira last night; one of my favourite films, but that's irrelevant. I've been thinking about psychic/super powered people, kept by the government for military purposes. Unknown to the greater public, when the rare few show any potential, they are kidnapped or otherwise 'persuaded' to join a team at a secret and guarded facility. It also reminded me of a half remembered character I once had who had had their voice box removed so as to force them to improve their telepathy skills. So that's the sort of body horror vibe I'm digging.

Essentially, a group of psychic/super powered people, tested on against their will. The scientists are fascinated in the human evolution, in the research, the government interested in how to weaponise them.

Of course, if you've been personapped, imprisoned and tortured in the name of science, you're going to develop a bit of an anger problem. These bunch of rag tags, who have whatever relationship between them (I'd love for some to be friends, others to be enemies, etc.), are likely to want to plan an escape. After all, they're the powerful ones here, they should be able to, with some planning and practice, they should be able to take out these normies, right??

But also, then, what? Freedom and a futile attempt to live a normal life? Plans to take over the world? Anything and everything in between?? Guess we'll find out the hard way.

The other option (or possibly, as well as), is something happens. World War 3/4/5 (whatever we're at), the facility gets bombed, stormed by a rebel faction who disagree with what the government is up to. Whether they like it or not, the characters find themselves, with no idea how to live a normal life any more, thrown into the 'real' world; unfortunately, the real world is on the brink of collapse, a dystopian nightmare that is falling apart around them.

I'd be down for people to play experiments, scientists or any other character role you can think of that would fit. Would gladly accept doubling/tripling/etcing, and would encourage it.

Yes, this a jumbled mess of waffle, and given the nature of wanting a smaller group, I'm going to be picky on who I accept. This won't be a first come, first served basis.

Anyway, if any of this insanity appeals, drop a reply below and we can get discussing, probably, maybe, hopefully.

queer writer of queer characters with a love for akira sounding off as interested!

Thanks both for your interest! I'll leave this open for a little while longer to see if there's any other players, but I'm happy to run with just three of us if you are? :)

Thanks both for your interest! I'll leave this open for a little while longer to see if there's any other players, but I'm happy to run with just three of us if you are? :)
I'd say give until the beginning of next month. Otherwise I'd be down to RP as a trio.

If you are still considering openings, I am interested in joining as well. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to watch Akira yet, but I'd like to say I am familiar with the vibe you are describing well enough to write comfortably in it.

This so far sounds like a really cool concept and I would love to see where it goes. If you are open for another person just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom