Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Trick or Treat

Eternal Love

The Most Suspicious of Muffins
Local time
Today 9:22 AM
Pronouns
She/Her
It was late on Halloween night, Scott had just returned home after getting drunk at a Halloween party. He'd managed to walk home since the party hadn't been that far from his house. Still, even though it was late and he was still very drunk, he didn't feel ready to go to bed. So, he made some popcorn, which he ended up burning a little, and sat down on the couch to watch some TV. He flipped through channels, stopping when he found the classic horror film, Nosferatu. He had always wanted to see it but had trouble finding it before. Unfortunately, a silent movie was not the best thing to watch while drunk and tired. He ended up falling asleep shortly after he started watching it.

Hours later, Scott woke to a pounding on the front door. He tried to ignore it at first, thinking it was a dream. However, the knocking just got louder and louder until he jolted up wide awake. He woke with a horrible headache, which was the beginning of an awful hangover. He stumbled to the front door and threw it open. "What do you want?!" He cried in annoyance. Before him stood a kid in a costume, she looked to be about ten, her skin was painted bright red which made her black hair seem darker than it probably was. She was dressed in a cute little red dress with a little red cape, a devil's tail and little horns. Her mahogany eyes gazed up at Scott with a devious gleam as she grinned, showing off those fake stick on vampire fangs.

The girl held out her trick or treat bag and sang out a somewhat familiar phrase with her sweet bell-like voice. "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat! If you don't I won't be sad, I'll just make you wish you had!" Scott was a bit surprised by the ending of the little devil's words, having never heard anything past 'give me something good to eat.' Scott gave a tired sigh. "Look, kid, that's a really cute costume and you must have worked real hard on it but I ran out of candy a long time ago. It's too late for you to be out anyway. Go on home, okay?" He said before closing the door carefully, hoping to avoid a possible tantrum. He locked the door afterward just in case.

With that, he headed upstairs toward his bedroom, grabbing some aspirin from the bathroom for his aching head. However, when he got to his bedroom, the little girl in the devil's costume was sitting on his bed. Again, she held out her trick or treat bag and sang out her eager phrase. "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat! If you don't I won't be sad, I'll just make you wish you had!" Scott stared at the girl in disbelief. He was quite sure he'd locked the door and he didn't hear anything break. So how did she get in? Feeling annoyed and uneasy, Scott headed toward the little girl, determined to find out who was under the costume so he could call her parents. He grabbed a hold of the girl's fake devil horns and tried to pull them off. But they didn't come off. Instead, the girl cried out, "Ouch!" and then vanished with a puff of red smoke. It was then that Scott decided to go to bed. This couldn't be real.

In the morning, Scott was sure that the girl dressed in the devil costume had just been a dream. Little did he know, Scott was in for a real trick. He headed back downstairs, cleaned up the mess he'd left out last night and made himself some breakfast. Once again, he settled before the TV, wanting to forget the weird dream he'd had while drunk. He was still nursing his hangover so he hoped for a nice quiet day. That wouldn't be what he got. When he turned on the TV, the first thing that came up on the screen was the little devil from his 'dream' and she was singing, "Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat! If you don't I won't be sad, I'll just make you wish you had!" Scott couldn't believe his eyes. He tried changing the channel, again and again and again. At one point, he stood up in a panic, spilling his breakfast onto the floor as he began switching through the channels frantically. But it was no use, every channel was Devil TV. He continued flipping through channels until his panic got to the point where he just unplugged the TV. But that wouldn't be the end of the devil's trick.

Over the next week, the little devil pestered Scott, singing the trick or treat song that Scott was sure would haunt his nightmares for the rest of his life. She popped up in the most random places at unexpected times. Scott chased her away again and again and again, twenty-three times to be exact. But she would never completely go away. Finally, Scott became so fed up and exasperated that he went out and bought the devil her treat. Unfortunately, most of the discounted candy was gone by then and he barely managed to find a bag of Candy Corn. He hoped it would make the little devil go away. Scott returned home with the bag of candy in hand and found the little devil hiding in his bathtub. He gave her the candy, which she snatched from him and tucked into her Halloween bag before she disappeared into a familiar puff of red smoke. After that, Scott didn't see her again, she never came back. At least, until next Halloween.

---
This little treat was heavily inspired by this song:

It also features my tricky she-devil, Pandora (disguised) as the little devil darling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom