Considering Writing Again
Staff member
Dungeon Master
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 9:12 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
Vegas, the shining jewel of sin and debauchery in a barren wasteland. A monument to the seven deadly sins, hungrily consuming what little vitality the land has to give while needy supplicants come from all corners of the world to petition Lady Luck, only to find the house always wins.

Vegas is the perfect playground to explore in a game of Urban Shadows.

Urban Shadows is an game designed to do the messy, complicated politics of an urban fantasy city. Werewolves, demons, vampires, wizards, hunter, oracles, and other things that go bump in the night, bumping into one another as they work toward their individual aims. It's a brilliant game built on the Apocalypse Engine.

For those of you who aren't system game dorks, this isn't D&D. The game mechanics are /simple/ in terms of math, but drive the story like a turbocharged V8. If you're intimidated by rules, don't be. The basic rule is that if we come to a situation where the outcome isn't obvious, you'll roll 2d6, add a single number, and on a 10+, things go great for you. 7-9, you get what you want but with a cost. 6 or lower and things have gone wrong somehow. That doesn't necessarily mean you fail, it just means your character's life is about to get more interesting.

I'll be running Urban Shadows 2nd edition, which currently has a free quickstart on DriveThruRPG that has /all/ the rules for a GM and player, but all you really need to worry with as a prospective player is skipping ahead to the Playbooks.

Playbooks represent the type of creature you are and each includes /all/ the rules you need to make a character. It's super easy.

So, if you're interested in exploring Vegas' supernatural underworld with me, go to DriveThruRPG, Download the Urban Shadows 2nd edition quickstart (Technically the latest version is V3 released in April 2021, but that's what you should automatically download.), look at the playbooks and post your top 3 faves in the thread below.

If I can get at least 3 players, we'll run this thing. 4-5 would be ideal.

Back
Top Bottom