Any Victorian Vigilantes!

Currently reading:
Any Victorian Vigilantes!

sunnydaize

Serf
Local time
Today 5:23 PM
I've had this idea bouncing around for months now, just wanna get it off the ground. The skinny is as follows:

Back in the Victorian Era, London and subsequent cities were struck hard by tales of a man with a mask made of metal, and claws he'd use to shred women during/after sexually assaulting them. He was named Spring-Heeled Jack for his elusive escapes and famed high jumps. He'd swindle ladies out of the house at dark crying for help, or pull them on walks home. Men died. Women were terrified. The townsfolk grew paranoid and frightened.
Then the city fought back.

Essentially, I have a number of characters set in this time period as groups of rag-tag vigilantes who have squared up, suited up, and aim to take down the fearmongers holding their towns hostage. I'm talking touches of steampunk. I'm talking the Victorian Yearning. I want all of it.
These characters range in personality and specialty, as well as gender and sexuality, know that most pairings are represented here, but you must be comfortable with trans, poc, and overall queer characters. One thing I find terribly boring in RP is bigotry. Even historical misogyny makes me yawn as much as the modern stuff.

What is the motive behind your character taking up a mantle? Someone they love? Excitement? A determination? An anger? Are they bored of their current trappings?

Smut is possible, but please be a switch. Warnings for this roleplay range from body horror, violence, gore, PTSD mentions, and medical care not bound in science. Please DM for further OOC discussion and planning. Allow me to bullet point some potential twists to the setting:

- The city moves. Streets and building close off and narrow, connect to different streets, widen and birth new canals and alleyways. It's movement is predicted like the weather. And if you fall off path however... You'll end up wherever the city decides to spit you out.
- Our characters flirt in mask, but know each other and don't realize it.
- Our characters are betrothed, and despise each other without masks.
- Our characters are from two very different social castes. We cannot stand each other with our masks on, but have a secret relationship behind closed doors.
- One of us leads the local vigilantes in our district, the other is the group troublemaker. Again, secret makeouts.
- One of us has killed before, the other is fresh into the game.
- One of us is not human.

Back
Top Bottom