All Villain Squad - Signups & OOC

dispatch99

🔬NOT generally intelligent💻
♔ Champion ♔
Local time
Today 11:29 PM
Pronouns
he/him
Hey. Glad you decided to listen to my voicemail, for once…

Anyways. Name's Hotline. You probably know me already from my day job, helping and supporting superhumans that are… well, let's say they're outside what you might call the "mainstream" superhero networks. Exiles and outcasts of all stripes, with morals ranging from the questionable to the nonexistent, all that good stuff.

Let me ask you something: what's the difference between us, and them? I'm talking about the capes, of course. The "heroes" versus us, the "villains"—have you ever sat down and actually thought about it? Because I have. Let me tell you what I've figured out, because I think you might find it interesting.

First, unlike the capes, WE actually WANT something. Money, power, drugs, sex, entertainment, respect, revenge, whatever it is—our ends always are what justify our means. It's what makes us driven. Ruthless. Better.

Yeah, that's right. I said villains are BETTER than heroes: because we're pressed up against the opposing force of human society and law, we're forced into being unique and sharp and strong, like a knife being sharpened on rough stone. They think they're punishing us, and to some extent they are—but fire can harden and refine, as well as burn.

This isn't like the capes at all. At best, they're weird perverts with a fetish for stomping on faces at the orders of the state; and at worst, they genuinely believe all this is good, and are willing to die for the corrupt stagnation they call their way of life. All they want is a stupid, selfish, normal life, full of the mundane horror and bland consumption that comes with it, coddled forever by the powers that be.

I fucking hate that the world is ruled by people like that. I bet you do too.

Secondly, I've noticed something else about capes that separate them from us: they work in groups. How often is it that one of us is holding out on our own against a single cape, but then a whole gang of three or four of them show up and curbstomp us? More times than I can count. It's honestly pathetic to watch most of the time.

Now, this got me thinking: why should the bootlicking moralists be the only ones who benefit from teamwork? We have a common interest, a common enemy, in the governments and superheroes of the world, in the all the people who want to tell us "no" or "stop" and who will stand in our way. If we just worked together for once and cut it out with the Lone Wolf bullshit, the capes would never be able to stop us.

If we team up, we can break down everything—and everyone—in our way.

Together, we'll have the whole fucking world at our mercy.

Sounds great, right? Of course it does. Just leave your contact info below and I'll take care of getting the gang together. Keep your line open. Hotline out.

Hello! This is Dispatch. In a fairly ill-advised maneuver, I wanted to toss out some plot bait to see if anyone would be interested in playing a team of villains in a world populated by comic-book style superhumans. This is a broad outline right now and there's a number of ways this could go, but I wanted to put out feelers to see if this is something people might like. You'll find the character application below—this one is always open, so feel free to join!

Name: (Include any code names, titles, or aliases, if applicable.)
(18+ only, please. Any clones or androids or anything should explicitly be fully mature adults.)
Appearance:
(Image or written description works: AI and fanart is fine, but please no IRL or underage faceclaims. Include any costumes or special gear if you like.)
Gender and Sexuality:
(If applicable. There may be some sexuality in the story, but it's not at all mandatory to participate in, and anything too spicy will be hidden behind spoilers.)
Alignment: (Your main character REALLY should be a villain and on the evil spectrum, but I may accept neutral or heroic characters as secondaries.)

Superpowers:
(What special feats can Your Character do that makes them more than a typical criminal? I'll give a lot of leeway here, but all powers are subject to approval and you should take special care to avoid making YC too OP. Stronger powers should be balanced out by bigger weaknesses. High detail and clear mechanics are appreciated, but not required.)
Non-superhuman skills and abilities: (What other useful things can YC do, that aren't necessarily beyond human skill?)
Weaknesses:
(What things—physical, psychological, etc.—does YC have to watch out for? Can range from "social anxiety" to "literal Kryptonite" in terms of severity and commonality.)

Backstory:
(A brief description of how YC got to where they are when the story starts.)
Current status: (What was YC up to when they got Hotline's call? Be as vague or as detailed as it pleases you.)
Allegiances: (If applicable—does YC already work for a government, company, mafia, gang, etc? Do they have any personal or ideological commitment behind their work?)

Personality: (Likes, dislikes, how they carry themselves, how they deal with pressure, what they're like in relationships, whatever you wanna include, etc. etc.)
Motivation: (What does your character want? What are they hoping to get out of their villainy? Is it as simple and basic as money? Or do they have a more complicated, bigger-picture, or personal goal?)

Last edited:
Well, that's five folks giving positive feedback—good enough for me. I posted character apps!

inhales

Name: Exarch Xand/"Alan King"
Appearance:
PJYVXLg.png
ssgRs5c.png
Gender and Sexuality: Male. Has zero attraction to man-animals, but does get a kick out of tormenting them.
Alignment: The villainest villain who ever villained. Kicks puppies for sport and steals from orphans for his breakfast.

Superpowers:
  • Incredibly potent telepathic and telekinetic abilities.
  • Strength and durability is far above your average human but he's not a physical powerhouse.
  • Enhanced healing & functional immortality.
Non-superhuman skills and abilities: Omnidisciplinary genius. Access to advanced alien technology and has built up a massive pool of wealth from his corporations.
Weaknesses: Incredibly arrogant and petty, unable to let go of a grudge and can overreact to perceived slights. Is currently restricted to operating in the shadows as he doesn't want his presence to be too widely known to Earth's capes.

Backstory: An alien from the distant Annexian world-nexus, a race of telepathic aliens whose society was built around achieving perfect harmony and empathy with one another. Born a mutant, his psychic powers were greatly enhanced over most of his race but he was unable to achieve harmony with them, the discordance between his mind and those of everyone around him slowly driving him mad. Xand fled his homeworld after his fellow Annexians pushed him out over the havoc he was causing in their society, and began recruiting followers and building his own interstellar empire.

He was eventually defeated by a coalition of alien races and their superpowered champions, who after a climactic battle exiled him to a small, blue and green planet in the galactic hinterlands. There he licked his wounds and got to building up his resources, intending to one day conquer this world and then get his revenge on those who wronged him...
Current status: First met Hotline when he was in prison, during a public relations stunt where as Alan King he promised to fund programs to help young offenders get educations and reenter society. Saw a lot of potential in Hotline, later contacting him with the promise to help fund his criminal activities, in return for doing some jobs for him on the side.
Allegiances: In his human guise he is the owner & CEO of HiTek Industries, a world leading technology firm and manufacturing conglomerate. Beyond that his own

Personality: An egotistical, narcissistic and amoral sociopath. He enjoys pushing people's buttons, however he has been known to be willing to reward loyalty from his underlings. In his public guise as Alan King he is a kind, humble, benevolent philanthropist and humanist, essentially the opposite of his true self. Always presents himself with an air of smug superiority.
Motivation: World domination, then galactic domination, then universal domination. Perhaps then he can get back to work on breaking open the multiverse...

Name: Maria Tullo a.k.a the Mighty Minotaur
Appearance:
iBInqmR.png
Gender and Sexuality: Female (Cis), bisexual.
Alignment: Villain, although has a soft spot for kids and animals.

Superpowers:
  • Extremely durable, capable of shrugging off shells fired from a tank cannon.
  • Strong enough to lift a fully loaded freight train and can run as fast as one too, being nearly unstoppable at full speed.
  • Possesses a pair of horns on her head that have been coated with adamantium to allow them to penetrate almost any armour.
Non-superhuman skills and abilities: Is a surprisingly good singer. Also is a much more skilled fighter than she lets on, having trained in various martial arts rather than just relying on her raw strength.
Weaknesses: Not the brightest tool in the shed, and very quick to anger too making her vulnerable to taunting. Once she gets up to speed even she has trouble stopping, which has often been used against her by cunning heroes. Also can't walk around in broad daylight without some kind of disguise given how easily recognisable she is.

Backstory: Born a mutant to a working class family after her father was exposed to chemical waste that altered his DNA. Was picked on during her childhood for the horns growing from her head and her large size, which usually resulted in her loosing her temper and sending her tormentors to the hospital (and resulting in her being frequently expelled from school). Eventually her parents signed her up for a government program to train kids with superpowers to be heroes, however Maria's first outing ended with disaster after her clumsiness in trying to stop a runaway bus ended up getting several civilians badly hurt.

The media blamed her for the incident, leading to Maria quitting the program in shame. However she was quickly approached by a criminal gang, who offered her a role with them as a physical enforcer; finding that her skillset much better suited a life of crime and that it paid a whole lot better too, Maria switched over to the side of villainy and never looked back, her bitterness at the society that made her feel like a freak fueling her propensity for violence.
Current status: Had just completed a job in which her bosses had sent her to whack a couple of snitches hiding out in an abandoned farm. Was in the middle of trying to dispose of the bodies and discovering that a woodchipper in fact just makes a bigger mess.
Allegiances: Previously worked for the mob.

Personality: Blunt, quick to the point, a little impatient and very short tempered. Rather socially awkward and easily flustered. Has a surprisingly soft and gentle side if you can penetrate her thick skin. Believes strongly in loyalty to her friends and will go out of her way to protect them from harm, although doesn't tend to extend that empathy to anyone who gets in her way. Likes kids, likes animals, dislikes anyone who threatens them in her presence. Hates people who make stupid puns.
Motivation: Money, power, wealth. And maybe some validation.

Name: Katrina Bobinski aka Bobcat
Appearance:
xfmjEhF.png
Gender and Sexuality: Female (trans), bisexual
Alignment: Villain, but lower on the evil spectrum. Does not like going out of her way to hurt people, in fact she has worked with some heroes every now and again to rescue innocent lives.

Superpowers:
  • Catlike agility and reflexes,
  • Enhanced speed especially when running on all fours,
  • Extremely flexible body and enhanced hearing, smell and night vision.
  • Wears a pair of gloves with adamantium-tipped claws for climbing and fighting.
Non-superhuman skills and abilities: Lockpicking, larceny, bypassing electronics, extensive knowledge of antiques and world history, expert martial artist and gymnast.
Weaknesses: Has only regular human level strength and durability, so can't survive taking much of a hit. Her extremely sensitive hearing can easily be hurt by loud or high-pitched sounds. Easily distracted.

Backstory: Katrina Bobinski was once a normal human being, a shy, timid nerd who got a part-time job working in an antiques shop where she put her knowledge of historical artifacts to good use. That all changed the day the proprietor of the store brought in a strange artifact made of pure jade sculpted in the form of a cat. Whilst trying to place the jade cat statue up on a shelf she accidentally dropped it, smashing the statue and releasing the ancient fae spirit inside. The spirit entered Katrina as its new host and possessed her, causing her body to be transformed into a human-feline hybrid and altering her personality into one more confident, outgoing and with a burning greed for wealth and riches.

Abandoning her old life Katrina took up the moniker Bobcat, using her new abilities to become a thief who took whatever she please. Over the years she had honed her skills as both a thief and a fighter, becoming one of the most wanted criminals in the city.
Current status: Was relaxing surrounded by cats on a pile of jewels and dollar bills she'd recently stolen from the safe of a multi-billionaire.
Allegiances: Herself, above all else.

Personality: Mischievous, devious, and highly promiscuous. A hopeless kleptomaniac. Likes to tease others. Can be extremely affectionate when she wants to, although to the point of sometimes being demanding and rather selfish. Adores cats, less fond of dogs. Loves making stupid cat puns.
Motivation: Wealth, money, and the thrill of the game.

Name: Ryan Zima a.k.a Icemaster
Appearance:
bQMdcKW.png
Gender and Sexuality: Male (cis), no longer has a sex drive
Alignment: Villainous

Superpowers:
  • Can fire impaling bolts of ice or rays of freezing cold from his hands
  • Immune to cold temperatures
  • Can quickly regenerate any part of his body that gets damaged so long as there is sufficient water moisture in the air.
  • Can create walls and other physical structures out of ice.
Non-superhuman skills and abilities: Genius with advanced knowledge of biology, technology and chemistry.
Weaknesses: Sonic attacks, high temperatures, having his containment suit damaged.

Backstory: A mad scientist who sought to achieve immortality through injecting his cells with a cryogenic serum that would slow down his aging process to a crawl. Ryan Zima discovered the process worked too well when his entire body began converting into living ice. Still alive, his mind was twisted into madness by the transformation, becoming obsessed with creating an entire race of ice beings like himself and converting the entire Earth into a frozen paradise for more of his kind.
Current status: Was regenerating after a fight with a superhero left his body and suit badly damaged. Is currently in dire financial straits after most of his minions left following his refusal to pay them, saying science should be its own reward. And that he was too broke to pay them anyway.
Allegiances: Science!

Personality: Completely megalomaniacal, completely lacks any kind of empathy and is both literally and figuratively cold-hearted. Keeps his cool in most situations, but the few times he gets annoyed he can get so hot-headed that his containment suit might start short-circuiting. Likes to make stupid ice puns.
Motivation: Science, and his goal of a new, perfect race of beings that will inherit the Earth

Last edited:
Eh, I'll throw in Lady and if i change my mind later i change my mind.

Name: Lady in Black, Diana Prince, Patches, Renee, or a dozen other names
Appearance:
Gender and Sexuality: Female, Pansexual?
Alignment: Villainous

Superpowers:
  • Slowed Aging. Lady's aging has slowed, possibly extending her life to 120 years old or more.
  • Minor Healing Factor. Lady heals and recovers slightly faster than normal humans do. She's also resistant to common diseases and poisons.
  • Enhanced Reflexes. Lady has slightly faster reflexes than normal humans.
Non-superhuman skills and abilities: Lady has Olympic-level skills when it comes to firearms and martial arts. She's also incredibly skilled at infiltration, with a variety of costumes and techniques that allow her to seamlessly blend in to new environments and change her appearance. Some notable gadgets include her sunglasses, which have a camera built in along with night vision, x-ray, and infrared vision. She also has access to other gadgets like sleeping gas pellets
Weaknesses: She has the strength and durability of a normal human. Lady also has a bit of a soft spot for real, actually heroic heroes that believe in what they preach and do, and will try to spare them or embarrass them instead of killing them. Also, money.

Backstory: Lady's backstory is shrouded in as much mystery as her true name. She had always stuck to the shadows, taking jobs and assignments that kept her out of the limelight. It seemed as though she was always skilled when it came to fighting and infiltration. Her powers came about on one of her jobs where she was tasked to steal product recipes and company information from a prominent beauty company. There, she found plans for an experimental beauty product that had the power to slow aging. Lady stole the sample and destroyed the information about it. While she considered selling it, Lady decided to use it on herself.

At first, it felt like a terrible mistake. Lady got quiet sick, and was bedridden for multiple days. When she finally recovered, it was if she was several years younger! The strange product had worked. Not only that, Lady felt different. Quicker. It took her longer to tire from physical work, and she stopped getting sick. Side effects that made her jobs and life quite a bit easier. But other side effects may yet be seen...
Current status: Lady is just returning to the U.S. after finishing a contract. She was working for the government of the Central American country, Val Verde. There, she was employed by the dictatorship to assist the military in eliminating rebel leaders, political opponents, and political dissidents.
Allegiances: Lady works for anyone and everyone, as long as they pay her and are interesting to her. Notable employers include the dictator of Val Verde, the mob, and other supervillains.

Personality: Lady is quite flirtatous, and enjoys the lavish lifestyle. Although she does well, her 'no-kill-capes' policy can make it difficult for other villains to work with her.
Motivation: Money is Lady's primary motivation. Almost as equal to her desire for money is her own interests and amusement, or how much 'fun' a job could be.

Back
Top Bottom