Any Walshe and the Wanderer (name TBD)

Currently reading:
Any Walshe and the Wanderer (name TBD)

Local time
Today 3:24 AM
Pronouns
she/they
This story is set in a medieval time frame, in a world where the royal families possess magic that the common folk could never aspire to with herbs or folk magic. Kings can manipulate the emotions of those around them, can build monstrosities of flesh and bone from the remnants of their enemies. Princesses can control the elements, can see through the eyes of any animal they touch. As this story opens, we see that a conflict has occurred between the tyrant in the North and King Emerson Walshe, the King in the East. The tyrant has sent word to Emerson that him and a small army would be making their way to the city of Nailes, the eastern hub in which the Walshes reside, in search of an important asset that was reported to be traveling that way. In an attempt to protect his family from any potential bloodshed, Emerson decides to send his wife and two daughters—Queen Zelene and Princesses Rovena (my main character) and Willa—to a close city in which the Lord has sworn fealty to the Walshes. As the carriage bumps along the king's road with the three safely tucked inside, a cloaked man runs out in front of the carriage, stopping their journey. The people in the carriage do not know it, but this man is the very "asset" the tyrant king has been searching for.

You are the "asset". You are a prince of the North, a close heir to the throne as one of the oldest, but you have decided to flee your home and seek freedom from your father and from the weight of a kingdom relying on you. You have travelled the entire nation, and nations abroad, studying different cultures and traditions until the winds bring you back to your home country. You have to decide why you've returned, and why you're still running. And when you come across the carriage, you have to decide: do you hide your identity from these strangers in order to seek refuge and put more distance between you and your father? Or do you tell the truth about who you are, and hope the royals you've run across don't turn you in?

Expectations for roleplay:
I'm pretty easy-going and patient, so not too much to put here! All I really ask for is consistency (at least a post/day but of course life happens) and communication. I'm not going to bite your head off if you need a few days to come up with a reply, just please let me know rather than ghosting and coming back. Proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation do matter to me, so please make sure you're spell-checking! The only other thing I can think of is I would greatly appreciate trigger warnings at the beginning of responses that contain detailed gore, suicide, or animal death. Those will probably end up coming up in the story somehow, so trust that I will do the same for you. Keep reading for a brief history/geography lesson!

History/Geography

Walshe:

The Walshe family has ruled over Nailes for hundreds of years. Records of the Walshe dynasty is scarce, because in the early reign of King William, a massive hurricane destroyed the majority of Castle Walshe, and in turn ruined almost every record kept about the Walshe family tree.

Cliftone:
The Cliftone family; a noble family with close ties to the royal family in the western highlands. The Cliftones dealt in providing military service to the royal family, the Vanne family. Specifically, the Cliftones trained soldiers in combat against magic users. In return, the Vanne family gave the Cliftones nobility status, and kept them close. The two families worked together in order to seize Nailes, which sparked a generations long war. When Zelene was a young teenager, the Cliftones and Vannes suffered a great loss at the hands of King William. This loss turned the tides of the war, and their only option to stop the fighting was the betrothal of Zelene and Emerson.

Vanne:
Rulers of the Western Highlands. Tatton Vanne is the king. The queen of the Highlands, Bernia Vanne, is often off travelling for diplomatic reasons as well as helping the lower classes. While she is on her travels, her son Esmond accompanies her. Esmond is close in age to Rovena; he is two years older than her. Esmond, being the only son of Tatton, has been named the heir of the Western Highlands.

Nailes:
Despite having almost been completely destroyed by a devastating hurricane during King William's reign, the city of Nailes is known for having one of the strongest military forces in the nation, with the largest naval fleet and absolute access to the Sea. Virtually all imports and exports go through Nailes, so it is extremely valuable. Nailes is also home to the Walshe family, one of the oldest and most powerful magic users ever known. Before King William's reign, it was rumored that the Walshe dynasty was in power because they relied heavily on their magic. However, it is only rumor, because there is a lack of records previous to William because of the hurricane.

Western Highlands:
The Highlands are a vast land with plenty of opportunities to succeed. In the towns where citizens reside, primarily outside of Castle Vanne, markets are popular. There it is common to find merchants selling "Highland Wine": wine made out of the fermented berries found in the valleys. Highland Wine is a delicacy throughout the nation.

Redbury: Redbury is the first village off of the kings road, almost a day's ride south of Castle Walshe. Home to Leland Faircloughe. It's a fairly normal village. It has a town's square, a small market, a church, an inn, and a manor that belongs to the Faircloughe family. The only person that resides in it is Leland, after the Vanne army came for his family when they discovered how close the Faircloughes were to the Walshes.

If all of this was enough to hold your interest, shoot me a message and let's talk ideas!

Back
Top Bottom