Welcome, welcome, come right on in!

Currently reading:
Welcome, welcome, come right on in!

LostInDaydreams

Socially Awkward, Even Online
Local time
Today 5:09 AM
Please, have a seat- we're going to be here a while.

*ahem* Anyways! I have several ideas that I would like to try out with various people, in all sorts of genres, but first and foremost I must lay down some rules. I doubt anyone would try anything... uncouth, but one must be certain when it comes to this type of thing.

Rules!

• Be literate. Now, everyone makes mistakes. I get that- however, basic literacy is needed if you want to RP with me.
    • Be as long-winded as you wish. I would prefer one or two paragraphs at a minimum, however, don't be afraid to go all-out and write a short novel if you feel like it. I also understand a few one-liners, since writer's block appears at the worst times- but don't make a habit of them, please.
    • Be intelligent. No god-moding your characters. Seriously. It makes me cry.
    • Be Patient... When it comes to romance, that is. No true romance ever blossoms overnight, and I expect some buildup to happen.
    • Be Trustworthy. Follow the rules WS has, and understand I do not do toilet play, incest, any furry stuff (not that there's anything wrong with it, I just have a hard time writing it), and all characters must be over eighteen.
That's about it for the rules, really. Now, on to the real reason we're all here- the plots! I will separate them by genre, but if you find you like a certain genre, but none of the plots within, feel free to suggest your own!

Fantasy:

The Woods Are Full Of Danger

(Set in medieval times, open for romance)
For as long as even the oldest of the Elders can remember, not a single human has set foot in the Old Forest northwest of the castle- well, nobody that has returned alive, anyways. It is said that an evil and homicidal forest spirit resides there, one that will- and has- slaughtered whole armies that have dared to trespass within the confines of the ancient trees. And for as long as anyone can remember, the foolhardy have tried to gain the riches that lie just beyond the forest edge: rare and pricey game, invaluable herbs, ancient wood kings and queens would pay a small fortune for- and, of course, the much larger fortune in gold that those who have died in the forest have dropped over the centuries. The story starts when [your character], a second child of the Duke and Duchess that live within the castle, is told to prove themselves by doing the impossible: killing the evil forest spirit that resides deep within the forest, or lose all claim to their parent's fortune and be disowned by the family.
Will they succeed?
Or will they find something even more important within the forest than their family's heritage?

Too Good For Government Work
(set in medieval-esque times, open for romance)
The city of Oshoport is the central hub for all marketing needs, a giant walled fortress set on a cliff overlooking the ocean where anyone can purchase anything they could possibly desire- for a price. As the governing power for miles around, the city also plays host to the Mage's Council- a circle of nine, usually corrupt, mages working to keep the city in order. Most are bought off by the various illicit guilds around town, which is no news to the citizens, but one particular mage has stayed clear of all influence over the years- much to the annoyance of the rest of the council. This annoys them so much, in fact, that they send an assassin after the clean mage, one rather skilled in the art of killing mages. The mage, however, catches the assassin in the act and defeats them- but instead of killing the assassin, the mage decides to use them to discover who sent the assassin after them. What will the mage do, when he discovers the plot to kill him goes a lot deeper than anyone would think?

Just Another Day
(set in medieval times, open for romance)
For the fifth time this month, the world is in danger, and frankly [your character] is tired of it. When they first set out to be a knight, they hadn't quite expected so many world-ending cataclysms to happen; one fulfilled prophecy later, however, they turned out to be a 'Chosen One', shaped by the gods themselves to rid the world of evil. And just like that, world-ending evils had started to appear all over the place, and it was [your character]'s job to fight all of them. For a while, it was fun- but now, they're tired of it, and after another near-death experience [your character] decides to find a mage who can get rid of their title of Chosen One, all the while being drawn into impossible battles with evil creatures hell-bent on destroying the world.

Modern:

Too Good A Deal

(modern/supernatural, set in- obviously- modern times, open to romance)
[Your character] finds a great deal for a house, on prime property at the edge of a small town far, far away from their hometown. Sure, the history is a bit shady- the last eleven owners all left before six months were up, and the original owner died on the property- but the house itself is in good repair, and has all the modern amenities. Very happy with it, they buy it and move in, and it's perfect for all their needs.
Too bad it's haunted.

Missing Person, Reward Offered
(modern/supernatural, open to romance)
It's been a harsh couple of months for the small city of Krollis. The weather always seems to be overcast, business has been dead- and people have been vanishing from all over town at ridiculous rates. [Your Character] is a private detective, and when a concerned woman comes in looking for her wife, they accept the job- and the rather hefty advance check that comes with it. When the trail of the person leads them, not to a drug dealer or an unmarked grave, but to a mansion that has been abandoned for decades, they know something's up. When they investigated the interior, they expected a gang, or perhaps a human trafficking operation-
What they didn't expect was to walk into a ball full of vampires, elves, pixies and many other types of supernatural creatures that weren't supposed to exist, with the person they were tracking down enjoying a glass of whiskey with a satyr.

Hated And Feared
(modern/fantasy, open for romance)
Magic has always existed in the world. This is a fact known by every civilized person- unfortunately for those born with the gift to wield magic, everyone also knows all mages are evil, and should be killed on sight. [Your character] is one of the many mages running with the ultimate black market; a market constantly on the move, fleeing from government-funded Hunters and selling charms to those who can afford it. From a young age, they've always been able to handle magic well, and fled long before their parents could turn them in, joining the market when it came to town and being on the run ever since. Unfortunately, a team of Hunters known for never losing their targets is after [Your character], the leader of which will do anything to kill them- not for any personal slight, but simply because [my character] hates mages as a whole. During a fight, [your character] accidentally casts the wrong spell, activating latent magical powers in [my character]. What will [your character] do when they discover the most talented Hunter in the century is secretly a mage? Will they take them along to use as leverage and a secret weapon, or will [your character] leave them to the mercy of their team?

(There's a lot more coming, but considering it's nearly two in the morning right now, I'll have to post them later. If you're interested in anything, comment below or send me a message!)

Last edited:
Good morning,

Your plots all seem interesting. Yesterday I posted a sort of introduction of my skills, please read it. There is everything that needs to be there and you can decide whether you want me in or not.
There is another thread in which I am participating, that is in the Unfinished tales' section --> in Song of a Shepherd.
I have been in a writer's block until just recently, when rpg gave me a chance to refresh my thinking. To be honest, I kind of feel hooked on, I just cannot decide if I am good enough for this community. :3

Hi Sagenod and Achu,
I quite like the introduction of yours and I am wondering if I could join.
To be honest, or not... Let me just list my flaws and you can still decide if you want me in.
  • My first language is not English --> so the quality of my writings may not be to your liking.
  • When someone says "I expect you to present 500+ words/turn", well, that can make me nervous. Of course, I'm not into 1-2 sentence products either.
  • I have a lot of clichés swirling in my mind; I'd like to get rid of them.
  • I have a strong romantic side which sometimes feels too cheesy even to me.
  • One of the reasons I picked up roleplaying was that so I could practice writing and get better at it. (and I like stories, especially the genre of fantasy or strange settings)
Here is a sample of my world:
http://writerssanctum.com/threads/zenins-background-story.545/
(though this character - and some others - is/are not playable. I can come up with similar ones.

And a final remark: I am not good at building lore and history, I am more of a tale-teller by actions.

If you still don't mind me, you know how to let me know. ;)

Hello, Zenin!~ I've checked over your introduction (and your writing in the thread, because I'm perpetually curious), and I would absolutely want to write with you! What I've read from you has been absolutely lovely. If you wouldn't mind messaging me, we can get further into the details of which plot- or combination of plots, I'm not picky- you would like to do.

Hey again, thank you for the kind words. :)

I would skip the story of 'Missing Person', but other than that, all of them seem very appealing. (and you know, the bigger the challenge, the bigger the improvement itself, so a tiny voice still keeps saying that I should choose 'Missing Person')
Though I'd like to stick to fantasy-ish settings, maybe 'Just another day' :D
Which one would You start?

Hm... 'Just Another Day' sounds fine with me! I've been itching to do a comedic twist on the cliche of 'chosen hero' for a while now~

Good. :)
Since it is your plot, feel free to start, any time you like.

Hey, I've seen you started a thread with LordChase. Do you want to play that first or shall we start the other, too? :)

Oh! No, we can start this one, too, in a separate thread- Yesterday just got a bit hectic for a while. The starter thread should be up in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom