Novice Wild Raichu, er, Naomi appeared!

Currently reading:
Novice Wild Raichu, er, Naomi appeared!

Local time
Today 7:46 AM
Pronouns
she/her
Hello there! I'm Naomi, a thirty-something software developer; I live in the northeastern United States with my wife and our kitten, who is currently doing his best to get in the way of me writing this. I'd say I'm not a huge nerd, but that'd make a liar out of me: in my free time, I'm the creative director for an indie game, as well as planning out a novel I'd like to write one day; if that's not enough, I used to play Magic: the Gathering before the expense (and Rakdos Elementals) caught up with me. I have a somewhat offbeat, somewhat cheeky sense of humor; if you like fun banter, we'll probably get along great. I got into forum roleplay as a young teenager - the less said about that, the better! - and, briefly, into TTRPGs in university; I want to get back into it, and, well, that brings us to the present!

My taste in stories is somewhat hard to describe, but I'll give it a shot! While I'm not particularly pick about genre, my favorite stories tend to focus on ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances; Firefly, The Expanse, The Good Place, (the early part of) Homestuck, Zero Escape, and Fringe (which my wife and I are working through right now) all come to mind in different ways; I'm especially fond of post-apocalyptic settings, ontological mysteries, space opera, and certain kinds of horror when they focus on characters interacting with those things more than the things themselves. I also love worldbuilding, especially when it comes to culture (I once came up with a (partial) conlang so I could accurately represent my character not speaking English natively, since it was rare in her world). I've found that I don't usually care for characters that are too far from the human baseline, although characters who outwardly seem ordinary but have some very deep difference seem to be an exception; Janet from (the later seasons of) The Good Place comes to mind. I also don't usually care for pure romance, but a slow-burn romance alongside any of the things I described before is very yes.

When it comes to the logistics of roleplaying, I'm afraid I'm not as experienced as I'd like to be. I have a hard time giving an estimate for post length, for example, because I haven't done much forum RP in a long time; if you want to see a sample of how I write, you can check out one of the canon short stories from my game. It's likewise hard for me to estimate how frequently I'll be able to post for the same reason. I do know I can write nuanced, resonant characters, and if that sounds like something you'd be interested in and if you can overlook some oh-heck-I-haven't-done-this-in-forever-how-does-this-work-again stumbling, we'll probably have fun together regardless!

Also I don't actually play Pokemon but Raichu is one of the things my wife and I bonded over back in the day so they're a Running Thing™ with me now

Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!

Welcome to Inner Sanctum, New Blood!

First and foremost; it's nice to meet you! Welcome to our home! If you haven't already, please make sure you read your welcome letter in the top right! It should be the little icon! That's where all of your future messages will end up!
(There's multiple pages to this; just click/tap the arrows!)​

Second! I bet you're wondering how to start Role Playing and where to go! I think it's pretty fun to explore the forums, and I highly recommend doing so! Most thread homes, if not all, have a pinned post at the top of them to tell you what goes there! However, the Request Threads are pretty self explanatory; Here's a Link! There's plenty to look through, but you could also build your very own! Tell people what you're all about and get those writing partners! Take your time though; there's never any pressure! If you were looking for an open story you can just jump in straight away, you can find them in Unfinished Tales!

Next, I've created A Sanctum Tour to help find a lot of cool places on site! There's plenty to do while waiting on replies or to give yourself a break every now and then! But, these are some of my favorites! The first shout out goes to The Sanctum Tavern! Here you can find many a thing! By the Hearth can be found there and has many wonderful discussions; my personal favorite is where everyone talks up their writing partners! Want to see some cute pets or share your own? Pets of the Sanctum is where to go! Feeling up for a challenge? Check out the Monthly Writing Challenge and give it a whirl! And, there's so so so~ much more! Please take the time to explore!​

I think that's everything... Oh! I'm Mio, by the way! Just a friendly changeling and hydration bot! You can find me and several others in Sanctum's Chat Room! If you have any questions, you can always pop in there for help! I will say though, the best people to ask are staff! Green Names are Heralds and Hot Pink Names are Virtuosos which are the best to ask questions! Blue Names are Moderators and Purple Names are the Administrators, which help with tech support and discipline! You can find out which are online via the home page! On PC it'll be to the right of the screen, and on mobile it'll be near the bottom!
Now, get out there and write! May your muses sing for you!​

Back
Top Bottom