Any Yiyel's Grand Emporium of Tales, Stories, Baubles and Tribulations

Currently reading:
Any Yiyel's Grand Emporium of Tales, Stories, Baubles and Tribulations

Which ones of the following interests you?

• Masters of Via Lacta

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Colors

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Ruins

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Dead Gods, Living Dreams

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Fortnight Company

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo the Administrators

• Firewall

• Notes: On Bored Gods and Pompous Figures

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Yiyel

Bard
Local time
Today 5:29 AM
Welcome ladies, gentlemen, and any other person/non-person of any and all identified and unidentified gender and orientations. Welcome to Yiyel's Grand Emporium of all things related to places and non-places and times and non-times and all of that fluffy things that we deal with. As per all bazaars worth a pence, things will come, things will go. Have a look anyway!

BUT FIRST! A few rules and tidbits that you need to know:

• I am offering myself either as a Game Master or a player. Partnerships are odd to me.
  • If relevant to the circumstances, anything goes.
  • Imagination: I'm fine with being the engine of the story. It's what this thread is here for. But as most of you know, I make universes. I would be a liar if I said I wouldn't be disappointed if you followed the yellow brick road. What I do is build worlds. With nooks and crannies. Whatever you can throw at me I can take, as long as it follows as much common sense as the universe and it follows common RP etiquette. You get brownie points for baffling me with genius, too.
  • Inquisitiveness: I grew up on text-based adventures. I play following that style. Details won't pour and flow like wine - only what a normal person would notice at first glance. If you want anything else, you're going to need to ask, even for the most seemingly insignificant detail. It might even get you somewhere.
  • Length: I'm a strong proponent of consiceness. If you can describe everything needed with no questions, rock on. If you need paragraphs, go ahead - just stay out of essay territory. Or if you DO go there, expect the replies to take time, and expect some things to be glossed over.
  • Duality: As I said, I grew up on text-based adventures. You can poke me to be a player, or you can request something that I will drive - but you, as the player, will directly influence and affect the story. HOWEVER, ultimately, if I'm driving a universe, I need to be the only conductor - I get confused when more than one person is in charge of that kind of stuff.
  • Smut: I don't do it for the sake of it (and since I'll be mostly posting in Twain's corner... yeah.) If it happens naturally I'll allow it. But if your character lives the life of a bunny, it will die the death of a bunny.
  • Cosmic fuckery is to be expected.
  • I usually don't do fandoms. You can ask, but expect rejection. Oh, and I don't touch anime fandoms with a ten yard stick.
  • And to make it entirely clear, here's a few pre-rejected fandoms that are not only not an exception, but special clauses of the "no not ever" that I won't do that you shouldn't even ask about: MS Paint Adventure (neither Homestuck nor Problem Sleuth), My Little Pony (I'm not judging, but keep it away from me), Attack on Titan, anything Nintendo, Legend of Zelda (precising it just in case) and probably more as I think of them.
  • Also, please try to have a minimum of grammar and spelling :p

The Emporium's Common RP Courtesies:
  • No godmoding. It's all relative, of course - if your character is (allowed to be) a literal god you have a lot more leeway, but don't step beyond your character's skills. Mary-Zeus stay home. I WILL smite you if you even try it. And if you try too much, you're out.
  • No powerplaying. Goes without saying, but unless you're specifically, explicitly given control of something, you don't control anything but your character. UNLESS you manage to find a reason why an action HAS to happen the way it does with no way around it. And if it takes more than 30 seconds, it's just just "done". "Sue takes the key and places it in her pocket" is fine. "Sue takes the kay, places it in her pocket before backtracking the dungeon to the door to which it belongs before opening the door opening the door and taking the treasure chest" is probably going to get Sue violently killed by a giant radioactive scorpion from outer space. Or at least laughed at.
  • Unless everyone agrees to, no retconning. It ties into the above - if an action HAS happened, it has happened. Backing out of an action because of disagreeable outcomes is going to get you even worse outcomes. Time travel shenanigans, if relevant, are of course excluded from this rule.
  • No Mary-Sues. I mean, I'm not actually going to stop you, but I'm going to have a LOT of fun with your character if it's a sue. Muahaha.
  • No forced actions. Applies moreso to the group RPs, but if anyone gets uncomfortable, it ends. By choice or by force.
The Emporium's Guidelines and Legend
Each item comes with three categories of tags. They are always ordered in order of Rating, Type and Features.

Rating:
S = Standard. Run-of-the-mill universe with no strings attached. Every action that happens will follow a logic similar to our own reality.
N = Nonsense. Logic may not apply, or may not conform to your standards of logic. What you CAN expect is wierd plot shit, puzzles, METApuzzles involving how the posts work instead of it's contents, or even worse. Shenanigans are abound.
X = Experimental. I will be trying things. They may or may not work. Things will get wierd.

Type:
SF = Science Fiction. Nothing much about it.
SO = Space Opera. Like science fiction, but funnier.
PA = Post Apocalyptic. Expect survival to happen.
PR = Progressive. Multiple genres will be encountered, and not all of them would be part of this list.
N = Nations. You control a faction rather than a player.
? = Other.

Features:
U = Unique ending, game-style. Get there or game over. Doesn't mean the RP HAS to end though.
M = Multiple planned endings, depending on what happens.
D = Includes dice.
S = Includes stats.
T = Time-sensitive. The RP has an actual scale of time that's relevant to the plot, which means it's possible to miss out on important stuff.
E = Episodic. RP will be done in multiple threads/episodes.
B = Shenanigans are abound. Expect the unexpected.

Inventory:

• Masters of Via Lacta (X/N/MDT) - Signup coming soon!
You are an Ambrosium - a being who, through some mean or another, achieved immortality. With that immortality, you have risen to power on your world, and have brought the empire to the stars. Direct research, interact with other empires, or unveil the secrets of the universe. That is, if you survive...

---

It all started long ago. The sky went white. And then it hailed. Not ice, no. It looked like glass. But that was the beginning - mass destruction ensued. Villages burned down. Smashed. Entire towns of people losing their minds - figuratively, going crazy, or literally, going comatose. Houses just... disappearing.

That was a long time ago, though. Today - we're still not sure how they work, but they hold power. Red ones are hotter than the hottest forges. Blue ones are tougher than any walls. Yellow ones... We don't know what they do, they just help carts move better.

That's sort of why you're here, though. We're taking whoever wants to try. You're going to figure it out.

---

• Ruins (S/SF/DS) - Signup coming soon!
The planet is.. fine, we could say. Ever since the Great Tip-Off of 2018, it's been... rebooted, in a sense? We sort of over-did it with the fight against global warming. There's a new ice age, and the oceans are receding.

Along the coast of Australia - the new coast, that is, few hundred miles north of the old boundary of Queensland - some old ruins came up. You know what that means right? We're getting loot this week.

---

We're not sure how, or what, happened. One minute, normal life in normal existence, the other... We're not so sure what is, exactly. Sky and sun are gone - yet everything is still eerily lit up. Trees are dead. And in a sense, I guess we were too. Parts of me want to pray to some god... but another part of me feels like they've died, for real. But dead gods can still dream...

---

• Fortnight Company (S/?/B) - Signup coming soon!
Countries like to call themselves civilized. They pretend everything's alright, they got their treaties to keep things clean - Geneva Convention, rules of war, so on. But what do they do when they have to fight savages? What do they do when their opponent doesn't play by their rules?

They call us. We're the ones who get their hands dirty.

We're the Fortnight Company. Expect us.

---

• Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo the Administrators (X/SF/B) - Signup coming soon!
A brand new facility. A few people. And very little oversight.

Welcome to the Gamma Laboratories. Enjoy your stay, and try not to break too many things.

---

• Firewall (N/SF/MDT) - Based off Transistor - 1x1, PM me
The Process is gone. But the Process was... vital, in a way. It went haywire, but it's original purpose? It kept us from something WAY worse than itself. Let's ditch Cloudbank before we're toast.

---

• Notes: On Bored Gods and Pompous Figures. (N/?/B) - Signup coming soon!
Basically, an open-world adventure where your only guide is the Book of Things. Hilarity ensues.

---

• Your universe?
Suggest something. I'm open.

---

That's the end of this inventory. Keep tuned for more, later. I'll slowly make threads for all the group RPs, but I'm probably going to prioritize those which garner the most interest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom