Today 3:04 AM
Pronouns
She/Her/They
Seeking: One more partner only~
╔══════════════════════════════╗
3c195a564ed9d4c893e78f90a1070a07.jpg

╚══════════════════════════════╝
Greetings Dearest New Friend,

It is a pleasure to meet you, and I hope this invitation finds you cozy and well! I am LavenderTea (or whichever nickname may be easiest for you to call me), and I am returning to this forum after an embarrassingly long hiatus. In order to dip my toes back into the writing world, I am seeking maybe one or two partners (at most) to create a story with.

However, let me make a proper introduction first.

be511de9acbd9b40504d94799c84e443.jpg

Who am I?

I have been babbling about made-up stories as far back as I can remember! But role-play writing came a bit later. I have about 9 or so years of experience writing with others, and I adore the process of having someone to bounce ideas back and forth with. It has been one of my most beloved hobbies throughout the years.

✤ How do I write?

I consider myself advanced literate, which is a really fancy descriptor for writing a lot (perhaps even too much… sometimes intimidatingly so.... like this thread, oops). I love details, I love letting my characters think and feel on the page. My goal is to always write clearly enough that my partner can envision the scene and act upon it. I do not like putting a word count on myself, since it changes sporadically depending on the scene or the moment. However, every post is written with the desire to provide my partner with quality.

I also prefer writing in third person and past tense, and typically prefer my partners to write the same. It makes the story flow a bit easier for me.

For samples as to how I typically post, I have my RP threads linked in my signature. Feel free to peruse and see if my writing suits your standards.

✤ What do I write?

My favorite genre is fantasy. Writing has always been a source of escapism for me, and what better than to escape into a world full of magic, mystical creatures, and derring do? But I have been known to also dip into historical fiction; corsets, skirts, courtship, and the lacing of strict societal boundaries have always interested me. On occasion I have also written slice-of-life, but I am afraid it requires a very juicy plot or I tend to lose interest.

As for smut or erotic writing, I am not adverse. However I prefer plot in my stories, and letting intimate scenes develop naturally between the characters, or by hitting a proper beat within the story itself. I have a tender bleeding heart towards slowburn and yearning. I enjoy the slow build up, the small moments of attraction and racing heartbeats, the guessing and worry over feelings, before it all crescendos into something more. I find that to be far more enjoyable than stories centered purely around sex.

I do have my limits, and I am pretty strait laced. Although I don't bat an eye at gore or violence, I am uncomfortable with purely nonconsensual intimacy scenes. For anything else, I will always communicate about scenes or concepts that make me uncomfortable with my writing partner.

As a general rule, my threads have always been a good fit for Poe's Corner.

✤ When do I write?

It varies, and considering that I am stepping back in after a long break, I am asking for your patience. I work a 9 to 5 that is hectic on some days and slow on others. I also grapple with the fickle mistress known as ADHD. Therefore, when hyper-fixated and on a slow work day, I might be able to get out multiple replies in a day. Or, on the other hand, it may take me a week or more to get back to you. I understand that is not everyone's cup of tea, but I assure you, I give the same amount of patience and understanding with my writing partners. I will also let you know when a reply will be taking longer than usual! Communication is key.

Now that you've gotten a sip as to what I am like, let's discuss tea party etiquette.

bd8cd9bb9745af0ca434814bdaf71393.jpg

DOs & DONTs

。o° OOC chatter: I love to plan and discuss plot points with my partner, and I hope you enjoy the same! The creative process of putting the story's puzzle pieces together is something I absolutely adore. I am the type of person to make playlists and Pinterest boards for characters and/or stories, that I would love to share with you! I am not asking for the same in return, but I do enjoy it when partners are as jazzed about a story as I am.

。o° Ghosting: I know that life is oftentimes uncontrollable and unfair. If you have to drop out of our RP for any reason, I completely understand. I might message you a week out, to see if you are alright, but otherwise no hard feelings on my end. I get it.

。o° Pet Peeves: Please do not take control of my character or assume how they will react to something. If you are in the middle of a post, and would like a quick reaction from my character before moving on, I would be happy to supply it in PM. I also prefer planning out plot points with my partner. Obviously I love a good twist, or surprise on occasion, but in general I enjoy plotting a map to know where I am going. I find that it helps to make sure my posts are building towards where we both want the story to go.

。o° Expectations: For a writing partner, I am seeking someone who values quality. The type of person that might push me to write my best, or even better! Since I am getting back into writing again, I might be rather picky when accepting partners, and may ask to see a writing sample, or view your posts. This is simply so I don't waste your time, when there are so many lovely writers here in the Sanctum!

64027b1b059e0b61bbb44a8e42e4e1ce.jpg

PLOTS

Key: MC - My character, YC - Your character
Striked-through: Plot is fulfilled currently

I really enjoy the brainstorming and planning process with my writing partners, therefore the following plots are relatively vague and simple ideas that have been rattling around in my noggin. Nothing is set in stone!

✧ Fantasy ✧

Both MC and YC are prisoners to a kingdom that has forced them into servitude, whether serving the courts, conscripted into an army, or perhaps forced into a gladiatorial ring, and are seeking a way to escape and return to their homelands. Upon meeting each other, they devise a plan to escape imprisonment together, and leave the kingdom once and for all. But what happens beyond the castle walls? Will they still work together once becoming wanted individuals with a bounty placed upon their heads? Will they grow closer? Or will they part ways with each other at the end of their journey?

A traveling merchant is hiring individuals to join him on an excursion around the world. He is seeking adventurers/healers/soldiers/mercenaries to help protect the caravan as they travel from one continent to the next, and doesn't much care where you've come from or why, as long as you're willing to put in the work. The journey will be treacherous, and not for the faint of heart, but shall be rewarded in full upon its end.

For this prompt, I am thinking the focus will be on two main characters, and I would be willing to play the other side characters needed to fill up the ranks for the expedition. You could play multiple characters, or just focus on one, completely up to you.

MC is a renowned Apothecary in her small village, and provides medicines, solvents, potions, fertilizers, and/or whatever one might need to increase one's medieval fantasy quality of life. YC could be a rival, a noble seeking a cure for an ailing relative, a wanderer that has come into town in need of aid, or perhaps an apprentice, seeking experience to own your own shop one day.

This prompt is perhaps the coziest one out of the bunch, but has opportunity for twists and turns! Shenanigans can abound!

Our characters could be a part of the same Adventurer's Guild and team up on quests together, sharing the gold, the glory, the ale, and the merriment. Or they could be a duo, wandering across the land and solving the people's problems that are typically more dangerous than your average villager is able to take on. We could fill out an adventuring party together or keep it as a duo. There is opportunity here to go back and forth on creating quests and perhaps making an undercurrent plot based on our character's backstories.

༺ Historical Fiction ༺

I would love to attempt a romance story akin to a Jane Austen novel. Set in the Georgian Era, perhaps our characters are arranged to marry. Maybe one to save their family, and the other for familial obligation. But now how do they live with one another? Have they left a romance behind? Did they know of each other in the past, and hated one another? Or maybe they are happy with the arrangement? Are they meeting for the first time at the altar? How do they move forward together?

Set in the Victorian Era, MC is the daughter/niece/relative to an aging and retired famous detective. Although a woman, she is desperate to gain the detective's approval and take over his practice, keeping it within the family. YC is perhaps an upstart detective, or perhaps even an apprentice to the famous detective, and wishes to gain his own renown. However, when a young lady goes missing after a ball, both characters suddenly find themselves with a mystery on their hands, and by solving it, perhaps a step closer to their dreams.

✣ Your Idea ✣

If you think we may be suitable partners, and have your own idea you would like to run by me, feel free! I find I work best bouncing off another's creativity, so I would be happy to hear it.

✧༺✤༻✧If you would like to RSVP to the tea party, please PM me, as I won't be replying to comments underneath this thread. Thank you!!✧༺✤༻✧

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom