Challenge Submission An Interview With Death

Mysterious Equine

Beautiful Equine
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 9:12 PM
Pronouns
She/her
The interviewer nervously walked up to a large building in the middle of nowhere, but there was an old ancient battleground a few miles to the west. The building looked rather old but renovated for a different purpose than a punishment entrapment for those unlucky enough to have gone there. His deep gray eyes looked at the steel door as a camera aimed right in front of it, a keypad on the left side of the door and a scanner on the right. Taking a steadying breath, he left his 2019 blue Honda Civic parked about forty feet away in the parking lot and he approached the steel door.
"State your name and purpose," a female's voice sounded from an intercom planted right above the scanner.
"Randy Shroeder," he replied, forcing his voice to be steady, hiding any nervousness from the voice, "I'm here to do an interview with Zagthoran."
A buzz sounded and the door clicked open before he pushed the door open slowly.
Inside, a long hall greeted him with a door at the end of it and he went through it to reveal a big room and he was ushered by a guard to the door to the right. Two guards were stationed outside and two others followed him in.
Through that door, a dimly lit room greeted Randy and in the middle was a metal table and two chairs. One holding a harmless-looking female who was hancduffed to the table with really short chains so she couldn't lift or move her arms. The chair across from her was empty.
Walking over to the empty chair, he sat down and took out a pocket-sized notebook and a pen from his pocket. "Miss Zagthoran," he greeted politely.
The woman lifted her glowing red eyes and met his gaze.

Now, for the interview.

"Please tell me, Miss Zagthoran," Randy started politely, removing the cap from his black ball-point pen, "how do you see the world now compared to how they were when you first came to Earth?"
"Before, they were not as power hungry as they are today. They didn't have the weapons they have access to today," the demoness commented, "and they now know how that power feels so they keep fighting. Humans now are more cowardly since they hide behind advanced weapons instead of being big men.... they're no better than toddlers!" Her gaze hardened and had a look that would've burned him alive, if looks had that ability.
Randy swallowed hard and his fear made the demoness grin. "I-I see... and... what drew you here...? To Earth?"

"I was summoned by a fool who thought he could control me, but humans are so narrow-minded that they fail to comprehend the reality that... human beings are the bottom of the food chain. No respectable being more powerful than them would listen to a fleshbag unless they benefit from it." She grinned a sickening grin.
Rory's gray eyes fluttered over to the four armed guards standing close by at attention, specialized guns held firmly in their hands. That brought him some comfort at least! "Do you have any hope for humanity, knowing what you know?"
She leaned forward and held his gaze. "No. Not even the slightest. The actions of the humans in charge will cost the lives of millions, if not billions. Do YOU have any hope for your kind? I've seen what you humans are capable of and what drives them forward. Even the people in power. Money. And power. Control."
He swallowed hard and wrote down everything that she was saying. "If their actions will do that, why are you here? Chained up?"
"Said weapons. Humans are scared of what they don't understand." An animalistic growl escaped her lips and she grinned darkly. "Unless you've been in hell, you won't know pain and suffering. Real fear. Nor will you know true hardships."
"If there's one thing that you'd want humanity to know, what is that?"

"Fear the dark. Other humans are the least of their worries if they know what's good for them. Because if they piss the wrong being off, they could end up at the bottom of the fucking ocean with rocks tied around their damn necks! They're so goddamn blind that they don't understand the true dangers if those dangers bit them in the face."
He took a slow deep breath to steel himself. His pen scribbled down each answer carefully. "And what is it you are? What do you see for the human race?"
"I'm the face that your kind can consider as 'death' itself. But as for what I see for your race..." She grinned and leaned forward. "Slaves. God. Damn. Slaves! Or fish food for some. Those that are worthy would be slaves for the better races and then those unworthy would be fish food."

Randy held her gaze until a guard signaled that time was up. He rose to his feet and thanked her for her time before he left the room and then the building before going to his car and speeding off.

Back
Top Bottom