Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Angels of the Dawn

CyanCheetah

Lord of Cats
Local time
Tomorrow 12:40 AM
Pronouns
They/He
One morning, the fifteen-year-old girl, Sanja, had awakened lying on top of a cozy lavender-purple sky. It was wonderful. She could see the dawn from both above and below. Her shiny pink eyes glittered in the reflection of the sun covered in a lavender light. She sat up and watched the visible angels dancing in the distance. It made a smile on her face. Much like the angels, Sanja wore the exact same white garment. But unlike the others, her fine long hair was a deep shade of burgundy red, but why was that? The angels had the colors you would consider to be the 'nice' and 'friendly' colors. How unfair! Either way, Sanja decided to get up, and as she got up, she stretched her arms out, then spread her feathery wings to the sides. At least her wings were as pure white as her clothes. Soon, she started flapping her wings, reaching for the sky, and as soon as she was floating she felt a thrilling breeze. The farther she reached the stronger the feeling was.

Sanja roamed around with no gravity for a while until she caught the attention of another angel crossing by. Wait, isn't that her younger brother, Daniel? It was, but the fact that his hair was purely a natural shade of blonde made her even more envious. Why was she the only one who had red hair? Why couldn't she also have blonde hair like the others? Her brother didn't seem bothered or anything though. He floated around with a cheery smile and innocent glance. "Hey, sis! Why don't you join in with us on all the fun?" He gently asked, giggling. He pointed to the angels in the distance who were riding around on the back of a vibrant, rainbow-colored pegasus. "Pleeease?" He clasped his hands together and made an even wider grin on his face. As excited as he was, Sanja couldn't really feel the excitement at the same level as him. She made an almost expressionless glare, but then changed it to a brief smile, answering; "Sure! I'll join you for at least one trip!"

Actually, it was a more fun trip than she had expected. Sanja and Daniel were both riding around on the same pegasus. The view was amazing, they could see all the shiny purple clouds far below. However, the clouds had started to turn into a more magenta color? That was unordinary. Crossing past even more clouds, they noticed some angels started sinking down into the clouds like it was some kind of quicksand. The sky had also started to turn redder and the top of the sun was barely visible. Sanja was terrified. How could this have happened in a world like this? It had never happened before, this can't be real, she thought. At least not in this world where everything's supposed to be cheerful and positive. Was it all her fault because she didn't act as excited as the rest of the angels? Was it all because she started getting envious of the other angels' hair? Whatever it was, Daniel's eyes were almost paralyzed wide open. "What 'cha gonna do now, sis?" He questioned in confusion.

Sanja did not know what to do. Except, she spotted a narrow opening in the now red-turned clouds. "I should go…" She murmured.

"Go where??"

"I have to go down there and save them!"

She jumped off from the back of the pegasus. Her wings straightened out as she dived down towards the small gap in the center of the clouds. "Sanja!!" Daniel yelled out with teary eyes. He still rode the pegasus, watching as his sister dived into the clouds. It was dark between the clouds, almost no visible light except for what came from above. Sanja landed on a fluffy floor as burgundy red as her own hair. "W-what is this place…?" She wondered, observing the place around. It was hazy and quiet. Almost everything was covered in the burgundy clouds, but where were the angels who had fallen from above? She took a few steps forward, then she heard from behind; "So you're envious, I've heard…" Wait what? A mind reader? How'd they know? "You're doing good so far…" Sanja quickly turned around to the stranger talking to her. She froze in place as soon as she realized the person who spoke. She had long burgundy hair, shiny pink eyes, and looked almost identical to herself. However, she had demonic horns and instead of the normal feathery wings, she had creepy draconic wings.

"Y-you're… m-me?"

Sanja's voice was shaking. The stranger who looked almost identical, made a cunning grin on her face. "Exactly! I'm the ideal version of you!" She was clearly bragging, which was definitely irritating. "Call me Shadow Sanja." She continued with a sly look in her eyes. "No! You're not me!" Sanja refused to believe what she was seeing. It's clearly a coincidence. It had to be! She was stressed out. Why would she call herself the ideal version of her? She looked creepy and evil, there's no way Sanja would be anything close to creepy and evil. She was supposed to be a nice and friendly angel, not a selfish demon! "What did you do to the other angels!" She yelled at her shadow twin.

Shadow Sanja shaked her head then crossed her arms, replying with a smirk; "Oh, darling. Don't you see, you're the one who caused all of this?"

That last line hit her hard. Suddenly she remembered how the day had been. She woke up, got stressed about her hair not being perfect, then she got jealous of the other angels, even her little brother. Was it really her who was guilty for causing everything? Did it all have a connection with her disappointment? Was it all because she did not act happy and cheerful? No matter what it was, she was now only wishful it wasn't anything she had caused. "No… no! It's your fault! you're a devil!" She screamed in the face of the shadow persona. She turned away and hurried as far away as she could until Shadow Sanja was no longer seen in the distance.

"Now what…?" She let out an exhaustive breath. Sanja was now trapped inside the clouds, how was she supposed to get up? A few stripes of red light shined down through the clouds. She decided to spread her wings once again and followed where the light was coming from. Once she almost reached the top, a few of the tiny gaps in the clouds started closing together. She flapped constantly as the powerful force of the clouds was dragging her down like quicksand. "I- I can't… I'm a… I'm a bad person…" She frowned, letting go of the flapping. Sinking down, dramatically…

"Sanja!!"

Then she felt someone grasping around her wrist. "Daniel?!" She recognized the voice calling her name. There he was, desperately pulling her out of the clouds' strong gravity. He rode the pegasus all the way up to the sky while he held tightly onto Sanja's hand. The rainbow pegasus landed on top of some of the few remaining white clouds farther up. Then he let go of the grip. "Sanja!! I was worried about you!" He was concerned, but at least she came back safely. Daniel leapt off from the pegasus. "Thanks for the help, Raine!" He patted the pegasus on its head. Turning to Sanja with a little smile and tears welling up in his eyes, he hugged her tightly. "Sanja! I've missed you!" He expressed. While Sanja made a dull look on her face, she gently pushed him away; "Do not… snuggle… with me… I'm- I'm a monster!" Daniel raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean?!"

"This is all my fault… I was too jealous of you all… All of you had this nice and pure blonde hair… And I am different… I have this shade of red."

Daniel wiped the tears in his eyes as he listened with curiosity, then he answered; "Huh? I've always thought your hair was unique. It makes you special! I would have been happy if I had had hair like yours!- Sis, you don't have to be like everybody else, you should be yourself, and embrace your uniqueness!"

Her eyes started watering as she realized the words of her brother carried a lot of wisdom. He was right, having burgundy hair really did make her special. It felt like she suddenly could see things from a different perspective than previously. At that moment she realized it was nothing to be ashamed of, the sky and its clouds were turning back into a lavender-colored sky. The sun rose and it was the beginning of a new dawn. All the angels who had previously fallen started to rise from the clouds and began dancing around in delight. Sanja and Daniel wrapped their arms around each other's shoulders, twinkling a wide smile on their faces as they watched the beautiful sunrise.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom