Challenge Submission Breeze of Despair

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Breeze of Despair

DarkBloodMoon

Dame of the Moon's Darkness
Local time
Yesterday 11:51 PM
It began with an autumn breeze, what you may ask, well that would be the end of my somewhat happy life. The end of my Pride... I still remember it all like it was yesterday...

I smelled the cool crisp autumn air as it rolled through my open window. Saw the leaves fall in an array of wonderful yellow, red, gold, and orange. It was a perfect day for my wedding, or at least it should have been. But as I stood there, staring at myself in the mirror I didn't feel a sense of happiness. My long black hair was being neatly braided by my little sister. The beautiful cream-colored dress which I never thought would look good on me due to all my scars, hugged my curvy body and surprisingly looked decent. But it was in no way comfortable, not like my comfy ragged jeans and black tee.

"Are you ready?" Hailey asked, clearly happy with her handy work as she finished. "I suppose." Was I ready, was this really the time to be enjoying myself, to be marrying Miles?

In my mind, I knew the answer was no. I also knew he would agree with me... But the others of my Pride had insisted that we wed today...after everything that had happened. As their King...it was my job to help bring them comfort in hard times. It's what my father always did, but as I stood there, it all felt so wrong. My best friend was locked away in a cage, stuck in his tiger form and unable to free himself from a feral state. I had always...always pictured that Kadin would be the one to walk me down the aisle. He had always been my protector. Since my father had passed away when we were young, that had been my plan. But as we all know...nothing ever goes as planned and unless I want people to be murdered at my wedding setting Kadin free was not an option.

"Sister....hey Marie!" I felt someone smack my shoulder and glanced towards Hailey. "What?"

"Why don't you wipe that frown off your face? At this rate, everyone will think you were being forced together..." I sighed, "We aren't, I just don't think now is the proper time for a wedding."

"Then when would be the proper time, when you are dead...or when he is dead? I know you two are together but...with everything going on. At the rate you are going, I'll end up being forced into the position of the next King. I don't want that... After this ceremony is over you and I can go back to trying to find a cure for our other friends. And once they are all cured then we can have a grand celebration for your wedding. I of course will be the planner and decortator!"

I stared at her with a small smile, "Alright! One little party before we worry about curing the world."

"Yeah once we've found the cure, maybe the True Kings will finally acknowledge you and our Pride as worthy to join their ranks!!!" I rolled my eyes, "Don't get your hopes up...they've grown lazy...that's why the rogues have gotten this far. Now let's save that for later. Can't keep Miles waiting forever."

Now that I was on my way to him, I saw him standing there, handsome as ever and dressed in a tux that looked like it'd been glued to his muscular body my stomach began to flutter. By werecat standards, were were already married. Once you found your mate, you were basically married right then and there. But if we were to go by laws in the world, we had to hold a ceremony as such. My heart increased, my eyes refusing to leave Miles, who wore an adoring smile. Only two steps away and then BOOM!!!!

My world tilted as I went sailing through the air, pain wracking my body. Confusion filled my mind as I hit the ground with a harsh thud. My ears rang, as I tried to gather myself from the ground, but couldn't seem to. But my eyes landed on one thing...the contorted body of my sister. Blood pooling out from under her body, as her head was twisted under her neck. Her lifeless eyes opened wide, with shock and I screamed! I forced my body to shift to my panther form, limping toward her hoping by some miracle she still had a pulse. That I was imagining all this, I knew it was pointless though...

"Marie!!!" Someone shouted my name and I latched onto the voice desperately.

"Miles!!!" I mewed out, rushing but right before I got to him a large red tiger lunged out of nowhere. His jaws clamping down around Miles' head, and then a crushing sound followed. I froze, as I watched my best friend murder my mate...my soul shattering. I heard the screams from my pride members, but I couldn't move to help any of them.

I ran my hands through my hair as fresh tears ran down my face. It had been a week since those horrible events had occurred. My once pretty cream-colored dress, was in tatters, covered in blood and dirt. I sat in a cell among other tabbies. Waiting for those bastards to come down and do horrid things to us. I hated myself...I hated the True Kings, I hated everything!!!

One of the rogues stopped in front of my cell and I thought it was time... but one of his buddies shoved him along. "Leave that one alone..."

"Why? She's a beauty."

"She's pregnant."

I felt a chill run along my spine. I was pregnant? When? Was it from one of these filthy rogues!!!

"She arrived that way...the leader wants her left alone since he knows her children will be high quality."

My heart skipped a beat, I was pregnant...with Miles' child. A new kind of emotion filled me once more as I rested a hand over my stomach. Trying to hold back tears, it was time to start planning our escape! I wasn't some damsel...I would get out of here before I gave birth! I wouldn't allow these bastards to take away my last ray of hope!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom