Either Needed Endzeiten - Cold Blows the Northern Wind [Interest Check]

Currently reading:
Either Needed Endzeiten - Cold Blows the Northern Wind [Interest Check]

764.jpg

Alright guys, I finished the little prequel bit about Rygils, Sorrow - I hope it was worth the wait!

Now, in between chipping away at the IC when it's my turn, I'm going to veg out for a couple days and work on maps and the lore post with my free time lol

Little Constanze is adorable. I used to wipe my nose on my sleeve all the time at that age.

I hope she came across decently - there are times I really struggle with writing kids, the dialogue in particular. I was also really bad about just wiping my nose on my sleeve or sucking the drainage back up my nose as a kid, both of which I absolutely cannot stand now lol

Hello friends, hope you're all doing well, an update!

I got picked as a juror this week, but thank God that's over. The IC is progressing steadily - we hit 3K today - and I just want to say to not fret, as I'm not expecting this kind of length out of anyone, so don't be alarmed or feel obliged. The vast majority of my posts will be much shorter, I assure you. Besides, @Azrican deserves the credit for writing the lion's share thus far, and an intro that I thoroughly enjoy.

I just hope it's as much fun to read as it has been to write!

Work shall resume on bonds, the lore thread, and maps, I kind of just took some time to relax today and God it's been amazing.

Just was editing an additional character sheet and wasnt able to copy all the fields across - and lost the post.
Who wants to get a sneak peak?
@Ottoman - take the time, cant wait to see the post and honestly - here for the long haul.

Oof, I have been there many times man, it's never fun.

But I won't ever complain with an early look, if you're willing to share, @Keillen !

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war.

Full Name: Grimneir

Title: Earl by blood but not in nature.

Monikers/Aliases: Steel Giant, Kinslayer, Iron Bear - it goes on and he cares little.

Age: 28 years and yet the man looks as older as late thirties.

Race: Northman -

Ethnicity: Germanic, silver blue eyes - caucasian.

Social Class: None

Bloodline: One of the great Holds known only as Twin Rivers in Northmen tongue. The place is known but there is only burnt buildings and dense forests long lost to time.

Character Bonds

• None Yet.

Twelve Questions

What are your memories of home like?

They are Memories. Better left behind buried in the past, than looked back upon in sorrow.

What is your family like, blood or otherwise?

They are dead.

Have you ever been in love?

Many have I bedded - but each there in is the difference between man and dog. A dog ruts anything even a leg.
I paid and bathed before. Love, to me is a fleeting thing. A dangerous thing for it makes them fearful.

Is there anything that you find delightful?

The thrill of battle, the sensation of hunting those of my kin who are less than I and seeing that moment of fear when I end their lives. My hatred isnt sated. The other? Drinking, eating, fucking and sleeping. Are we done with these questions?

Who taught you to survive?

My father, his eldest brother and my younger sister.

What is it that makes your blood boil in anger?

People who ask to many questions, the southlanders with their fearfulness and ignorance.
But most of all - those of my twisted kin and any who would lay a hand upon mothers or children.
And highest, those who do harm to mothers and their children.

When was the first time you ever killed someone? What was it like?

The first time - I killed one of those feral who you claim to be Northmen.*he spits* I killed not one, but three with all but a rock with my hands for they murdered and strung up my brother.

Do you put any stock in the divine?

Gods are idle. My heart is black to them, my hands drenched in blood.
My glory is my own and accomplishments etched into the world stone. Let them witness me but I care naught for their whims.

What in the world terrifies you?

-- His brow furrows.--
To die stained and dishonored. To become that which I strive to end in its entirety.

What is the thing you fear coming to pass the most - rational or otherwise?

That I will never get to kill every feral so called Northman, to me you insult me. Call them Wildmen.

What do you value most in the world?

Killing the largest foe, -- He laughs almost spilling his drink.
Nay, I value Glory, I value the weight of anothers accomplishments be them elven, human or freak.
-- He drops the act of a blood seeking warrior.--
I value honesty of ones true self - to be honest of their intentions than using flowery words.

Do the ends always justify the means?

If the end means no more feral Northmen and no more of my kin paying for their sins. So be it.
But there are lines I would rather slit my throat than cross.

Capabilities

Grims strength is legendary as is his size, standing at a solid 7ft and in full leather, plate and hide - is an intimidating foe for any daring to face. His brutal nature in combat is just as horrifying as his strikes hit with the intent of grevious harm and a rage that burns with the fires of unconquered sun above.

Dont take him for slow either - when fully within his primal rage - his speed is inhuman as his body changes to reflect it. His teeth - the canines a human has increase slightly and his nature increases to that of blood drunk but never that to the point where he cannot distinguish friend from foe.

With his strength comes stamina and resilence. When enraged - he rolls with the punches to such a degree that its only after does he realise the harm he has endured. But also this makes him deaf to the magics that either attack his mind, or dull his senses - the runes etched in his armour make him a juggernaut few should dare not to underestimate.

Lastly - animal empathy. Wild beasts, bears and even some wolves will opt to either exist around him without being hostile. His ability to immitate their movements allows his chances at a brief subtle conversation or better to stand down a threatenning foe.

Such was the time at a great river crossing, a bear enraged attacked his camp and disturbed him from his own eating. Enraged he turned thinking it was a disgruntled villager to find a great bear. "WHAT DO YOU FUCKING WANT!" He roared, standing and towering over the bear as it too raised to meet him and towered at his height. For the first time, it answered. "HUNGRY WANT!"
It was then he learnt the bear didnt like water, despite all others giving him a wide berth - after the exchange he shared his feast with the bear. Both parted. Yet still sometimes their paths cross.

Appearance/Equipment

Here is a giant in armour made from various parts hammered together in a forge to make it as just as dangerous in a fight as any, bladed for those who want to get close and personal. Flexible enough to allow mobility and with rivited mail or armour that is scaled around the joints. His face reveals his maintained beard, long spun gold hair bound back, his face thought slightly aged from the stresses of youth reveals that despite being in his prime, hints that some injuries lie deeper than flesh. Standing at almost 7 feet, broad and muscular - its clear he finds his element more so in the chaos of battle than that of social. Prefering few words and fewer interruptions. Dark blue eyes and teeth notched. You would think him to smell like a bear and surprisingly outside of a fight he actually smells like sandal wood and prefers to maintain a good sense of hygene- unlike any other northmen who smells of sweat and dirt - he takes himself seriously and is far removed from a beast as any.

The various weapons that adorn him are two well crafted hand axes, a punch shield that has seen better times and lastly a battle axe which has removed many of his former kins heads. Dressed often in the gear and with a heavy cloak. Under the armour is a a padded gambeson, a rough spun tunic, leg wraps and trousers tucked deep into metal capped leather boots. Like most - he tends to ensure to take heads of those who are only beasts, not his kin.

Personality

Blunt, but to the point. Headstrong and prideful as any warrior but knowing full well due to his confidence not afraid of pushing someone to see their limits which has led him into causing many fights.

His act of neither caring what people think is a facade, behind this projection of a warrior seeking glory is a man broken by the horrors of it. A boy who lost a father and entire community, a man who has seen all his friends buried and gone. While the trauma is deep this explains his temper as fiery as any and his only tool, violence. As its outlet. However there is a rule he would never cross.

For him, mothers of any race, Elven, Human and others - sadly Feral Northmen are exempt.
If he is nearby and any other would dare harm a mother, or their child he is known to take relentless action to ensure that their attacker be dealt with.

However, should those not be wall flowers - happy to ensure their upperhand is maintained. -- A mother to their child is their world, like their father to protect their kin. I cannot allow in their fathers absence their mother or child come to harm.

Biography

Son of a true Northman lord, whose halls flowed with both food, drink, grain and the people led, instructed and ruled with a fair impartial hand. Grims father was a man whose word was his worth, his mother - fair, intelligent and respected as equally as his father. Such fair days are often a place for sorrow in his heart and at most, he prefers to never let his mind be idle lest they creep into his mind. It started with a visitor, a man who stank of sweat, dirt and something else. Later, learnt to be blood.

He claimed that the spirits that lived within all were sleeping and that their existence was a lie, at this madmans ramblings his father cast him out after warning him not to interrupt his court. What came next was the man opted to demonstrate, decapitating a nearby armoured warrior and in the scuffle his blood as he died splattered both warriors and his mother. The weeks turned dark and those affected soon became lost to reason, his mother - kind and wise became a monster wild and unhinged driving his father to drinking from grief.

The days grew longer and the people grew fearful and those madenned were put to the sword, even his fathers wife. But the degredation didnt end, instead more arrived and began raiding their cove on ships plundered and sails made from human skin. The fighitng was fierce and his father and those who stood with him were beaten and one by one, either carved apart while alive. Or forced to drink the blood, many who did no longer had the hearts they once had.

Locked in a cage, beaten often. He managed to escape only to find that those in the north had fallen so greatly and here while being hunted, commited his first three kills. All the rage, all the anger at such injustice and horror drove the boy to the precipice of madness. Had it not been for the actions of a old warrior - taking him in for winters, feeding him and training him - did the boy go to that of a man. Large as a bear with the ferocity of a wolf. The old warrior passed after twenty winters before passing all his knowledge and remaking his gear to fit.

Now - within the north there are stories of a giant who walks the boarders, the frost lands with axes in hand and brutality to match - where once he was the hunted. Each time he met them as a one man army and each time, with a raised axe in hand and a thundering war cry like a scythe to wheat sundered shields, broke the ferals axes and twisted their swords. However, this has also led him to being mistaken for the ferals and often crossed swords with those of the south. Each time, he has ensured to beat them, bloodie them and send them running.

His laughter in battle haunts many - but even this is an act for behind the helm he weeps with tears that often are mistaken for sweat.

Last edited:
Alright, long overdue, but we've now got proper blurbs on Steitz's Salvation, another company known as the Ahran Bull (more to come on them later) but also an IC thread! Feel free to post, we'll establish an order once everyone's gotten their first post in.

I do hope it was worth the wait, guys, and my apologies again for taking as long as I did with it. Life just woke up last week and chose violence.

The part of the intro with the ship coming into harbour, that was excellent.

I'd better wait until the weekend before I attempt to write a post, so I'll have enough time to write it properly.

That was all Az! I only came in with describing the wind. Like I said, when I saw what he had written up for the port, I knew we had to do a proper scene there.

I look forward to your post, @humon ! And, again, my posts will not be as long, on average, as that opener so I hope folks don't feel they have to match! No pressure, no worries.

Also really digging the concept of Kalegen as a late-in-life superhero who already burned through his body's reserves and now has to rely on meds to keep himself from falling apart. Kind of reminds me of Andre the Giant, who had so many back and joint problems late in life, but he refused treatment that would have halted his extraordinary growth, because his career and fame all depended on his great size.

Question for consistency's sake: at what time of day is this scene taking place?

I was thinking its late morning 11am ish :D

Aye! I apologize if I didn't make it clear in my posts but yes, I was aiming for the alehouse scene to be some time around late-morning to midday, with the encounter at the quay being early morning.

Nudges thread.... er this thing dormant? Where erry body at?

Not sure, I've been giving @Pyx and @Dhaeric a chance to get some responses in, I know Thanksgiving Week can be hectic not just with family but also a lot of jobs.

@biffyb123 has a character sheet on the way he says he hopes to have done this week. Beyond that, I dunno. Are y'all wanting a deadline for me to drop another post and keep things moving?

ahhh im sorry ive been trapped in chaos at work because of black friday. i will take a look this week/weekend!

No worries man! I remember having to do the Black Friday rigamarole, it can really drain you.

Heyy! I've also been busy with the holidays and have only really kept up with our otherwise chat that we're both part of. I am about to post now!

Back
Top Bottom