Currently reading:
Closed [Incoming Transmission - Swords, Starships, and Stories V2]

Jahdeen

Nerf Herder
Local time
Today 9:22 PM
Pronouns
He/him
UPDATE AVAILABLE! VIEW REWORKED REQUEST THREAD?
>Y<
N

Decryption bypassed. Now uploading encrypted message...

Hello there! My name is Jay. I've written for quite some time, maybe around 7 years--at least, that's as far back as I can recall. I've been roleplaying on the site for some time now, but I'm looking for maybe 1-2 new partners.

I love crafting good stories, so I'm looking for those who might be interested in writing one with me! A couple things I'd like to mention...

• - I'm a full-time college student, so schedule sort of fluctuates depending on what I have going on.

- I'm a pretty relaxed person. If you need to step away for a while or take a hiatus, I'm never going to yell at you. Just let me know if you're able. Real life comes first.

- Just a fun fact, I'm an English major with a creative writing emphasis. I'm literally taking classes to do stuff like this--haven't updated the thread since I got into the thick of it. I'm hoping to apply some of what I've learned. This site and community has helped me grow as a writer, and I hope to continue to develop myself in that aspect.
  • - I'm fairly laid-back when it comes to expectations from my partner, and I'm not quick to judge. Open communication is super important to me, and I love OOC chatter. I've definitely geeked out with my writing partners before... if I'm enjoying what we're writing, trust me, you'll probably be made aware.

- I love to collaborate ideas with my partner and hear what they have in mind. I love nothing more than building a world and story together. I'd appreciate it if you're able to let me have a say in things--it's a collaborative experience, after all--and I will do the same for you! Basically, don't tell me how to play my character, and we'll do just fine.

- If you're able to approximately match my word count, that would be awesome. This isn't a super strict rule--some replies will be shorter or longer given what's happening in the story.

- Be nice. Trust me when I say I have no ill intent and I never mean to come off as rude or snarky.

- No godmodding. Let me be in control of my own character, please! If there's something that would elicit a reaction from them, I'll be the one to do it.
  • I'm pretty damn creative with coming up with new ideas for characters. I'm not limited to the ideas I have listed below--if you have a pairing or dynamic in mind, I can easily alter or create something new to suit that.

• Paladin/Knight who was exiled due to speaking out against his creed
    • Thief who works for a mysterious organization, whose name has been whispered across the land (perhaps he's caught stealing from your character)
    • Tech prodigy who does odd jobs to get by, but has a hidden motive along the way
    • Demon who was cast out from hell for helping a prisoner
    • Research intern who survived a supernatural encounter and has powers or a curse as a result
    • Sci-fi
    • Fantasy (High or Low)
    • Supernatural
    • Horror
    • Romance
    • Dystopian
  • - I haven't really done specific pairings much, but I'm not opposed to them, either! As long as there's wiggle room for creativity, I'm all for it.

- I can usually get at least one reply in every 1-3 days. There will also be days where I either don't have much going on, or I'm procrastinating/multitasking while doing coursework, and I might be able to reply multiple times that day.

- I'm pretty flexible with average word counts. I generally average anywhere between 250-750 words per reply, but I've gone higher before, up to around 1K. Anything higher than that gets a little challenging for my brain; I do a lot of writing for school as well.

- I only do third-person, past-tense. It's just what I'm used to reading and writing in fiction.

- Oh yeah, spicy stuff? That's a thing, right? I'm pretty open to it, though I'm definitely more on the tame side of the spectrum when it comes to specifics (I'd rather talk about specifics concerning this in pms, though). I also don't really want sexual endeavors to be prioritized over the story, but I'm good with having a story-to-spice ratio of anywhere between 90/10 to 70/30.

- On a similar note, I'm mainly comfortable playing male characters, which isn't really up for negotiation.

- Gore and violence? Fine by me! However, I don't usually delve into super heavy topics. If there's anything you're unsure about including, just run it by me in advance.

- In terms of pacing, I'm flexible, but I do generally prefer slow burns--fleshing out the character relationships first is something I absolutely love.

- Just a side note, I don't usually do fandoms. The exception is Star Wars, purely because the universe is so diverse and interesting to explore.

If you're interested in being a writing partner, shoot me a PM! We can talk about how your ideas could fit with mine. I'm pretty open to anything you might want to play out. For bonus points, if you read through this whole thing, say your response to the "hello there" I put in the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom