Unspecified Kazoo's Quest

Currently reading:
Unspecified Kazoo's Quest

DemonicKazoo

Malevolent Instrument
Local time
Today 4:47 AM
Hello, hello! I'm so glad you stopped in! Take a read and get to know a bit more about me!

About me:

I am a full time professional with a high stress job and other family related commitments. I can get, at minimum, one or two posts a week per story, though I sometimes can pump out a lot of content in a short time. It is solely contingent on work and family demands, but I digress. I don't lay out rules, but I will politely nudge you if I don't like something. I'm an assertive person with a very dark sense of humor. If this does not deter you, then welcome!

Post length:

My post lengths vary with any given situation. I often check my word count when I finish a post. My average length is 600 words, my minimum is usually around 300, and I have been known to drop an essay sized monster down in a thread. It all depends on my level of energy, inspiration, and time when I write. I don't place an emphasis on post length and it is more of an organic process for me. If a post feels done to me, then it is done. Just know that you will never get one liners from me.

Story vs. Smut:

Smut is not my cup of tea. I will not write smut under any circumstance. I am all about story, so it is probably best we connect to discuss the key components such as setting and core plot.

Limits:

I like my writing dark and gritty, but balanced at the same time. I do have a squick button and am not afraid to articulate when it has been pressed, though it rarely happens. My writing can have moments of light hearted comedy and then move towards moments of heart wrenching despair. I love moving along the spectrum, so expect an emotional rollercoaster with me!

Partner:

What do I expect in a writing partner? Well, I love writing with people of all skill levels! However, people committed to continually improving their craft get extra love. Just know that I only give feedback when someone invites it. I like to communicate frequently with my writing partners and ensure that we are meeting each other's creative needs. I also like to check in and build rapport with the people I write with. With regards to what I cannot handle in a writing partner, I really don't like feeling nagged or pressured to produce more content. As I said in the about me section, I have a full plate and writing is my labor of love. However, if you feel we are not working out and that we have creative differences, talk to me. Perhaps we can resolve the issue entirely. If we decide to stop a story, there are no hard feelings.

Group vs. 1x1

I do both and love both with equal measure.

Cravings:

Kamen Rider - I love this series and love getting in some henshin action in. We can definitely discuss this at length if you present this to me. Kamen Rider does not get nearly enough love.

Pokemon/Mafia - I love mafia stories, and I love Pokemon. I also love putting them together. I tend to lean towards the Rockets as a mafia family as they've always given off that classic Sicilian mafia vibe. Our roleplay can take place in any region, but I do love Johto and Hoenn best. Hit me up and let's hash something out.

Castlevania - I love this series and am a huge fan of the MetroidVania style games. If you want to get together and conspire, I'd be thrilled. I often play Alucard and Dracula, though have been known to play Belmonts as well. I'm pretty versatile and like to challenge myself.

Mafia/Paranormal - I love mafia stories a lot. Like, a lot. I also love paranormal and fantasy elements in modern settings. Demons, mythical creatures, divine creatures, etc. Magic is welcome too. If you are craving a modern fantasy/JRPG-esque mafia story, I'm your guy.

I will update this thread from time to time.

Megaman X - I'd really be interested in roleplaying within the Mega Man X series. Whether it is a re-enactment of the series, or some non-canon plotpoint, I don't care! A little X and Zero action would make my day!

Great outline of your preferences, Demonic. Do you prefer to plot or just establish the opening, and jump in? I prefer the latter. I like the story to unfold organically, and hopefully hold a few surprises. Let me know if you would like to launch a story together. And, do you have a particular story that you have been wanting to play out?

I prefer to simply dive right in after establishing the opening. It's more fluid that way. As for stories, I'm fairly open. I'm not into romance as a plot element, but I love action and adventure. As long as I get a hefty dose of that, I'm happy.

Hi, Demonic!

I'm dropping a line in your search thread as requested. I think we would mesh extremely well as partners and I would love to flesh put a story with you. I'm particularly interested in the paranormal mafia type roleplay you mentioned. I have been craving something of this nature so that's perfect! Feel free to check out my request thread as well and see if anything jumps out at you!

Back
Top Bottom