Rose for the Hunter

The Forsaken Guardian
Staff member
Herald
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 5:07 PM
How long has it been?
Waking up the creature looked around, its wings ruffled and stood up before tilting its head. Ah, right, I better take on a more… amiable form… it thought before changing its appearance. A tall young man with ashen blonde and eyes of the darkest red looked around, so it appeared the creature was male. Looking around he took in the scenery, this was not where he remembered going to sleep, it was also certainly not the world he was used to. His dark cloak and generally more sombre air conflicted rather greatly with the brilliant colours of this world, he stood out like a sore thumb something he was hardly fond of.

Well then, I best see where I am… looking at himself ...and adjust my appearance if needed out of habit he pulled the dark hood of his cloak over his head and began to walk through the bright garden he'd ended up in, the heady scent of roses filled his nose making him grimace. Stopping he plucked one, ignoring the thorns that pierced his pale skin. Who plants so many heavy scented roses, they are sickening, dropping it to the ground he merely walked over it without a care. As he took in the place he was he quickly noted the victorian romance elements of the garden, he could feel just a hint of dread run down his spine then.

As he finally made it out of the sickening sweet rose garden he took a deep breath, What was that place, how horrid taste. I can see why my apprentice hates the flower so much he thought before straightening himself out and continuing on his way. The path he took was quiet yet was still so lively as the ghosts of lovers danced together in joy around him, not that anyone but himself would notice and hear their sweet nothings. "Quiet" one word fell from his lips, the baritone voice laced in a deadliness never heard of in this world before and in seconds not even the dead could be heard. Ah, much better the silence was lovely but still… the scenery had much to be desired to him.

However, it was when he arrived at the town he felt himself grow even paler, if possible with his complexion. Roses for sale, chocolates, poems and worst of all declarations of love, everywhere. His worst nightmare, pathetic, weak, and these ones were nothing but sweet… nothings, empty words, LIES! He could almost feel a growl raising in his throat. Oh, how he hated such displays as these. It only grew worse when some overly cheerful young woman came up to him. "Oh my, such a handsome man you are, why it must be love at first sight!" she declared. His eye twitched. What sort of twisted nightmare is this?!

He quickly turned on his heel and tried to escape but she clung on like a boa constrictor sucking the life from its prey, an ugly, busty, makeup covered boa constrictor. "Awww, come on my sweet honey bear! A kiss and more shall be yours" she said a giggle falling from her lips and it was at that point he snapped.

Even in this world, he could still summon his weapon, a large scythe that oozed darkness, a silver crescent blade. He turned and soon enough the pest was beheaded and he felt himself relax. "Ah, at last, finally something that is the same," he said. Yet those there only paused in shock. Violence was unheard of in this world. As he started his hunt, one by one he killed the residents of the world. Their eventual screams but sweet melodies to his ears and finally, once it was done he sighed and relaxed, sitting on an old well in the centre of the square. His hood had fallen back, running a bloodied hand through his hair he gave a content sigh as he looked at the bloody massacre before him. The walls were coated in blood, the ground stained with it and not a living soul or dead dared uttered a word, not that there would be any living around now.

"Much better, reminds me, I never did get the name of the world I was in… does feel like some sort of 'Romeo and Juillet' world though," he said to a crow that landed beside him. "Now then, I should figure out how to get back, do I need more sacrifices I wonder?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom