MxF Searching for a Creative Soulmate!

Currently reading:
MxF Searching for a Creative Soulmate!

A. Shadow Dweller

Daydreamer
Local time
Today 7:24 AM
Okay, not really a soulmate, but a good partner or two who has compatible ideas and styles and doesn't mind my fluctuating availability!

I'm currently looking for a handful of people who are interested in developing a range of plots with me. I have a few ideas in mind that I have been piecing together over the years but have ultimately failed to take anywhere without outside collaboration.

A few basic things I look for:
  • Multi-paragraph replies; I'm not looking for essays or novels in a reply, sometimes that doesn't come naturally and can be a real drag on the rp. A typical reply from me consists of about 3 paragraphs and I aim for at least 500 words, enough to respond to your post, give my own contribution to move the plot forward, and have enough detail to make it entertaining to read. I'll admit, when I'm in the flow, I can get carried away and greatly exceed that norm, and if you can't match those longer posts, I understand, but I do ask that you don't give a few sentences in reply. It can be difficult to build off of and I will generally lose interest if I feel like I'm the only one moving things along
  • Good OOC communication; though I don't expect us to be best friends, I'm a friendly enough gal, and I would love for us to have a good rapport, just so we can stay on the same page as far as plot building and keeping each other up to date on any issues or availability. Speaking of availability...
  • Relative frequency; I'm an archaeologist currently working on my master's thesis (in theory), so work can build up, leaving my replies to be squeezed in between work and life. Sometimes even when I have a moment to myself, I may be too exhausted to get in a post. When things are particularly hectic, please have patience with me and know that I will always keep you informed about when I will be able to get a post out to you. I will almost always be able to get in a handful of quality replies a week, maybe even one or two a day depending on your own availability. I will almost always be more active in OOC, though. This has been a round about way of saying that I would appreciate a few roleplay replies from my partner a week, at the very least once every few days, and if there is a week or two that is crammed with life stuff for you as well, just let me know!
  • Collaboration; as I've mentioned, I get bored when all of the ideas are coming from me. If I wanted to roleplay solely my ideas, I would be writing by myself! So while I'll post a few starting ideas here, I would love to be able to build a plot with my partners that makes something truly unique.
  • Story vs. Smut; I love romance. In fact, all of my plots generally have romance involved in them, and while I have written more explicit and mature roleplays in the past, I in no way want smut taking over the plot. There is a difference between developing a slow burn romance that creates a passionate relationship between our characters, and having them jump into bed and never leave it within the first dozen posts. So for that balance, I would prefer a ratio of 60/40 plot/smut.
Now for my ideas. To keep this already length post from getting much longer, I'll be putting general pairings down below. Several of them I might already have an idea for, but if any one of them grabs your attention, PM me for plot details or we can create something completely our own!

On to the plots! I will do my best to keep these up to date, with current cravings underlined. If none of these ideas spark an interest for you, but think you think you have your own plot i might enjoy or that we might just click as partners and come up with something together, hit me up anyway!

As a note, I tend to stay away from fandom-based rps, that having been said, there are a few that I'm alright with, so long as it only exists with in the universe of the fandom, rather than us playing cannon characters.
These Fandoms include:

• Sarah J Maas Multiverse
  • The Mortal Instruments (Shadowhunters)
  • PJO (mature, demi-gods all grown up)
  • Dragon Age

DISCLAIMER, 12/4/2024: At the moment, I do not have any fresh plots that have emerged from the vibe stage, even for the pairings/"plots" listed below. What I have here is more of an idea of what kind of genre and story I like to write, and ideally this will catch your eye and we can create something together, a perfect balance of our ideas, as all rps should be!

Pairings! (My character (Female) x Your Character (Male))

• Princess x Soldier/Knight/Guard
  • Princess x Assassin
  • Assassin x Thief/Criminal
  • Human x Shapeshifter
Plots
I've been in a very odd situation recently where I've been working on developing a few plots, but can't seem to transition any of them into something that would work well for an rp. This is made all the more distressing, when I have the writing muse going feral for something new and exciting, yet all my brain can muster is vibesTM​. So, that being said, if anyone is brave enough to help me create something based on what I throw down here, please do not be shy and shoot me a message.

• Enemies to lovers - largely inspired by the song War of Hearts, a plot that would ideally be chock full of tension and angst
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition-ESQUE - I'm not saying I wanna do a fandom rp with this one, but I've been killing some time over the holiday's with my umpteenth play through of DA:I, and what my interest boils down to is giant rifts opening up in the sky that keep spewing out demons, and people blessed/cursed with supernatural and/or stellar fighting abilities are tasked with battling the demons and sealing the rifts up
  • Something with the Sarah J Maas Vibe, idk - I blame it on the fact that I've reread her entire repertoire ahead of her new book being released, and I'm just dying to craft something with someone who is as ravenous for her world building, plotting, characters, and romance as I am

Retired
While I do love these little brain babies of mine, the creative juices for these aren't flowing at the moment. HOWEVER, I am keeping them up here to give people more of an idea of what some of my tastes are regarding plot, and in the off chance that someone sees something they really like and can maybe breathe some life into one of these, I'm always happy to hear a pitch!

Magical beings have always existed within this world. They were here long before humans and would likely be here long after, though such a belief wasn't always a certainty. Centuries ago, seeds of unrest and distrust were sown amongst humans and they began to turn against these creatures. Between the good, the bad, and the morally grey, none were spared from persecution as human society rose up against them. The humans did not see the imbalance this would cause in the world, but the Order of the Eternal Flame did.

Formed under the sponsorship of royalty and nobility, the secret society worked to protect both humans and beings of magic alike, Rangers instituting and enforcing laws to keep magical creatures safe from the derision of human kind, Scholars studying and protecting magical records and artifacts to preserve their history and keep objects of power out of the hands of those who would seek to abuse them, while spellcasters known as Menders cast a veil over the eyes of humans, blinding them to the magic in the world to keep them in a pacified state of ignorance so the beings they once new faded into myth and fairytales.

In the years that past, the Order was kept around to instil peace, they were never going to be able to achieve perfection. They may have been able to stop the wrong doers they had banded together to take down in the first place, but there were always going to be temptations, whispers, sparks of dissent that could crescendo into a blaze if fed the proper fuel.

Such fuel came about 25 years ago. The Mouri, a powerful race of individuals under protection of the Order was feeling oppressed by the laws passed by the royal families, and they were right to feel so. Able to appear human, they could blend in with humanity if need be, while practicing their more magical ways of life in private, like the Order and royalty. But because of their magical nature, they were compelled to follow the same laws as all the other creatures guarded by the Order.

They had finally grown tired of such restrictions and protested against the leading royalty, asking for sovereignty. They were capable people, beautiful and strong warriors who could wield magic and shapeshift, surely they could handle the responsibility. The royal family, however, was not quick to agree to this proposal, and the Mouri were upset, some more than others.

These "some" would not stand to be ignored. They rebelled against laws, disobeyed members of the Order, and incited violence and destruction to try to force the leaders' hands, promising to stop once their demands were met.

The Order was faced with a dilemma: fold under the threat of terrorism, or start a war with the very people they had sworn to protect. A number of members within the Order thought they had it all figured out, though. Why not fight fire with fire? The Mouri weren't holding back to show their strength, so why should the Order? They had an arsenal of magic kept locked away that would show that the Order was in charge for a reason.

But the Warden at the time, Warden Ramos, would not stand for it. The Magic had been locked away for a reason, they were to protect it because it was too dangerous, too dark to be used and abused.

The group of radical thinkers would take a page out of the Mouri' book anyway, disobeying the Warden's direct order and broke into the Order's vault. Lead by Tomas Myra, a Ranger with a superiority complex, the radicals went about performing a spell in the midst of a skirmish with the Mouri that would give them the power to crush their opponents like so many ants.

The other Rangers bearing witness to the spell immediately recognized it for what it was, a dark magic, grotesque and potent that needed to be stopped. Ranger Lucero, followed by the non-radical Rangers and a handful of the Mouri intervened and managed to stop the spell before it could be completed. But it was out of the frying pan and into the fire. When the spell was interrupted, the radicals conducting it lost control of the magic and it unleashed something different altogether, but just as hellish. The magical energy was corrupted and latched on to the Rangers and Mouri alike, possessing them to turn on their comrades.

It was a bloodbath, an uphill battle, fighting both against their turned brothers and sisters and struggling to close the rift from which the malicious energy poured out of. Together, the Rangers and Mouri closed the rift, breaking the trance the other warriors had been in. Having survived the battle, Ranger Lucero immediately put Myra and his followers under arrest.

Word spread of the disastrous event, and the leaders of the region decided they could not let such discord happen again. There was a new found respect for the Mouri and with it came an alliance, granting the race more freedoms and partnering with the Order to keep dark magic locked away where it couldn't be touched.

To solidify this alliance, a union was made. Ranger Lucero was a member of the royal family in control of the region, a child of the king and queen. Seen as a hero in this ordeal, a match was made with another survivor of the Battle of the Rift (as the day was soon to be called), a Mouri warrior, powerful and revered among both their kind and the Order.

For a time, peace followed, and so did a birth, that of a princess, out of the union of the Ranger and the Mouri. She became a symbol of this harmony, and great things were expected of her, given her lineage. But of course, it couldn't be so simple. The radicals who had been arrested and punished for their crimes were not the only ones who had been involved in the conspiracy. There were those who walked free, keeping their convictions a secret. They were certain that if Lucero hadn't stopped the spell, it would have succeeded, that the blind fear of the other Rangers had been what corrupted the magic, not that the magic was corrupt itself. They still saw themselves as superior to the Mouri and now tho some members of the Order who refused to recognize their true potential.

These individuals were among the few who were not pleased with the joy and tranquility that came with the alliance. They refused to be ignored, to pretend that they were equals with the Mouri, with anyone for that matter, when they were far, far better.

To prove just that, a heist was arranged with two locations targeted: the vault of the Order, and the royal nursery. Carrying out the plan were a Mender and a Scholar, the Mender tasked with glamouring herself to be disguised as the princess's wet nurse, and the Scholar using his access to the vault to take any relics he could carry.

By the time an alarm was raised, the Mender, the Scholar, and the princess had disappeared without a trace.

The story is to take place in modern day Lisbon, Portugal, with the princess(MC) grown and oblivious of her heritage, only for her blissful ignorance to be disturbed by a Ranger(YC) coming to her place of work to track an artifact that had been stolen 23 years ago but had suddenly appeared on the Order's radar during a time of rest in the Iberian Peninsula

The King is Dead. Long Live the King.
After decades of plotting, fighting, and rebuilding, former general and self-proclaimed king of Liora, Anton Solis finally has everything he wants -- the throne, the land, and the swelling army that will one day give him even more. All the land, resources, and power on the continent of Nieria will be his.

Xiomara Aurelia Calliope Neilos is supposed to be dead. To the world, she is dead, like her brother, her mother, and her father, the murdered King Alaric Neilos of Liora, killed by the kingdom's deposed General Solis. Distracted as he was during the Siege of Ombra all those years ago, Solis did not notice the young princess and her guard fleeing the capitol, and in the grand scheme of things, it couldn't possibly matter. What could a girl and one soldier to do stand against a king and his army?

The answer is quite a lot.
The roleplay will open up nine years after the usurper Solis took the throne, and the princess ran for her life. Your role will be the part of one of King Solis' children, a young man who has never been in favour of his father's ways, but has known nothing else. This doesn't stop him from unruly behaviour, which results in a punishment of being sent out to a border region of the kingdom, particularly a village known as Helena's Bridge. Here, YC will stumble upon the princess and eventually discover her identity and the brewing rebellion she has quietly been building over the years.

It will be a story of drama, intrigue, adventure, and a healthy dose of romance, but we can discuss the details together. Shoot me a message in PM if you're interested or would just like to hear more!
A Threat to the North
The setting is somewhat similar to Renaissance Italy, pre- Italian Unification. City-states make up a stretch of land jutting out into the sea, each kingdom having their own little strengths and resources to make them unique. The city-state in which this story takes place in is parallel to the modern day province of Venuto, with the main focus on a city very much like Venice. It is dominated by trade and production, nurturing to what it values over all things, which is beauty. The arts flourish here and my character is the daughter of a well known and respected artisan who has monopolized the glass industry. Anything from stained glass, chandeliers, tableware, and little bobbles, the Morandi family produces it.

My character is happy with the life she has. Her family treats her well, teaching her the ins and outs of running a business and giving her a certain amount of freedom with the expectation that one day, when her father finds someone who can offer something that can match or possibly even exceed his only daughter's worth, he will arrange their marriage. My character is content with this, as it is what she has always known, and after all her family has given her, she is eager to do her part to help them succeed.

But her simple way of life is on the verge of being thrown into chaos and uncertainty when a threat from the north arises. Over the years, an empire has been building, staying relatively under the radar as it slowly absorbed small, inconsequential territories. Now, however, it has started to turn heads as it defeats larger, powerful nations, growing strength and speed as it moves south, looking to be heading straight for the cluster of unassuming territories.

The other city-states are stirred up, discussing alliances, preparing to take up arms should the need arise, while others are sitting idly, coming to terms with their impending defeat. In my character's city, the ruling elite is beside itself with indecision. The merchants that make up the advising counsel to their leader are too concerned with what the empire's threat will do to their own businesses-- they are a thriving city with a wealth of resources and a popular trading port. It won't belong before the emperor sets his sights on their hidden gem of a province.

Breath of Life
Now this is a plot that I worked on ages ago on another site and has only just crept back into my memory. I could try telling you all the whole convoluted intricacies of it, but it would turn into a big, rambling mess, which this is already well on it's way to becoming, so I will quit while I'm ahead! To keep things short and sweet, the plot follows my character, a young woman approaching her 21st birthday. A fairly ordinary premise, except that she is being hunted down by nefarious beings who want her for one singular purpose: using her soul to bring their long dead leader back from the dead.

I'm still working on trying to get all the details I mulled over years ago, but I can tell you now this will be a magical thriller, with complex characters, hopefully a few twists and turns, and as per usual, just a bit of romance! Below is a taste of what I had in mind when I was trying to work through the plot solo.

1fdff64c4e7d539a0333eac3b6cafd49.jpg

When he walked into the room she barely glanced up. She would have returned to her book if she hadn't caught the mark peeking out from under his collar.

She remembered every bit of it. The even plain that rolled for miles until they crept up into soaring peaks, the waves of grain that twisted into swirling eddies at the faintest breeze, the air clear save for the rich scent of fresh dirt and the calling of birds and insects going about their lives.
The silence that took over, the acrid stench of smoke replacing the comforting smell of the earth, the bursts of heat blasting down the crops nearest the house.
Her feet beat down hard against the gravel, kicking up rocks and dust as she urged herself harder, faster, even though she knew it was already far too late.

chart
chart
chart
chart
chart
chart
chart

The shop was doing fine. Nevi was chatting up some customers, spouting nonsense about how one plant had formed when Saturn was at it's apex, so when it blossomed the household would have great success. It was all absolute bullshit, but whatever kept the place open.
Genevieve was working on the last half of her sandwich, leaning against the railing of the balcony as a blustery breeze swept through the alley, blowing through the leaves on the ivy and the lavender in the window box, the chimes hanging from the gutter chattering a lively song. Her nostrils flared to take in the gust of air. The hint of lavender soothed her, the sound of wood clattering against terra cotta floor downstairs did not. "Geneviève, nous avons de la compagnie!" Nevi cried from below.
Taking one last bite from her sandwich, Genevieve descended from the loft that she shared with her grandmother. "It is just windy out," she told the woman flatly as she emerged from the mouth of the stairwell.
Nevi clucked at her. "Deux corneilles ont volé," she added stubbornly, as if the sign of luck proved her previous statement.
Genevieve held her tongue, picking up the fallen broom and leaning it back into the corner while her grandmother coaxed an extra plant and some homemade soaps onto the poor tourists, who just nodded, smiled politely while laughing uneasily to appease the older woman. "I can ring you up, whenever you're ready," Genevieve announced, stepping behind the counter, much to the relief of the couple.
"Thank you," the woman said rather breathlessly, glancing at her husband. Their arms were already nearly overflowing. The heat of the summer had driven them inside to the shade, if the sweat on their clothes and the red sheen to their cheeks were any indication. And ever the business woman, Nevi had pushed them to take her wares just up to the line where they might start declining the bubbly elderly woman who only spoke French.
"You've made some wonderful choices," Genevieve assured them with a curt smile. "Good fortune is coming your way, for sure." After she bagged the items and took the money from the man, she handed the goods to his wife. "Use that jasmine soap on Tuesdays, you will be irresistible to him," she concluded with a wink. The woman's eyes crinkled with amusement while her round cheeks grew a shade pinker. "Passez une bonne journee, safe travels!"
The two walked back out into the afternoon swelter and Genevieve plopped down into the chair behind the counter. "You're terrible."
"Whatever keeps this place open," Nevi chirped, adjusting pots and trinkets around the shop obsessively until they were in just the right position.
Eve merely continued to shake her head in disapproval, even though she knew her grandmother was right. It wasn't that Le Jardin was in any sort of financial trouble. It had its claims to fame, but when business was slow, sometimes it took more than delightful smelling plants and handmade goods to get cash flowing.

chart
chart
chart
chart
chart
chart
chart

Genevieve didn't feel the moment her legs gave out, only hearing the faint crunch of the gravel under her knees against the raging of the fire. There were no screams from inside, no sign of any human life and she couldn't understand. Had they just left? Where were her parents? Where was anyone?
Two men emerged from the gaping front door, accompanied by billows of black smoke. Their eyes almost instantly locked on her, huddled on the ground in front of her crumbling home. Their demeanor was menacing and their march towards her was synchronized.
The realization that she was now their target caused her to bolt to her feet. She knew what they would want her to do. She knew that she would have to refuse, and these men would not like that answer. Genevieve knew that Moving On was the right option, the best option.
The men stalked towards her and she dashed towards them, but not at them, at the house. In just a few moments she would be inside the inferno, surely alongside the bodies of her parents. The pain would not last for long. She was no stranger to death. The fire would singe and sting her body, burning hungrily through her skin and muscles until it was searing her nerves, the moment she would crave for. Then she would feel nothing and she would only have to wait for the smoke to suffocate her and her heart to stop. Her soul would detach permanently, never to return to the physical realm, and she would be with her family again in What Comes After. She was ready for that. She knew she could be ready for that.

She hadn't anticipated for them to come after her. Rubble and ash coating her kitchen floor caused her to slide, stumbling into a fallen chair. Genevieve forced herself to recover, to go deeper into the house where the fire was the strongest. The moment of unbalance was what had done her in. The taller of the two men had lunged in after her, determined not to fail. But she was going to make sure he would, he had to fail. Genevieve yanked viciously at her arm, tugging and tearing with all her might, slicing at his hand with her nails as if they were claws, but he was stoic, almost frighteningly so in his carelessness as he dragged her back out into the yard.
There was no one to stop them from taking her. It was easy for them to throw her in the back of their truck. They didn't even worry about binding her hands, or gagging her, or blindfolding her, or having the decency to knock her out. The door slammed shut and she was surrounded by metal and darkness.

This list will be subject to changes/additions as time goes on, but for now, just give me a nudge if anything grabs your eye or you have an idea you think I might be interested!

Last edited:
Teeny tiny bit of a revamp here in terms of plot-- I know it's a long shot, but if anyone wants to jump into some good old fashioned chaos and entertain my cravings, I'll love you forever 😘

Back
Top Bottom