Challenge Submission Zombie Kartel: Cost of Defiance

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Zombie Kartel: Cost of Defiance

angelicmadrigal

Resident RP Goddess of Burnout
Local time
Today 8:49 PM
Author Note: This is a retelling in my own words of a tale from the a zombie survival game I was in several years ago. It's dedicated to my late RP partner Chrissy, who played Drake. Miss you like crazy girl. Soul belongs to me, and Clint was played by a guy named Jas.

How could it have all gone so horribly wrong?, Drake thought as he looked at Soul lying their on a cold slab of metal with his jacket over her body that was covered in deep bruises and cuts. She could barely move without screaming in pain. He hadn't meant to hurt her that badly. He just wanted to teach her a lesson; maybe beating her and then raping her hadn't been the right method for it. It had all happened so fast. He was provoked. She'd taunted him and questioned everything that was important to him. But did she really deserve what happened? He ran a hand through his choppy black hair as he hung his head. If Clint found out what happened, he was going to kill them both. His pale hand reached over to brush one of Soul's hands. "Soul...I...."

"You what Drake?" A man strode into the room; blond hair and eyes dark as crow feathers. His ripped t-shirt and jeans showed off his sinewy frame. Dark eyes looked towards the the woman lying there. He'd heard what happened from Rima the group's acting medical professional. If there even was such a thing anymore. "What the fuck were you thinking? You -know- you two aren't supposed to be out there together. You're like oil and water."

There was a weak groan from the makeshift bed. "Not...his...fault....I...."

"Shut the fuck up Soul." The man snapped. "I know this was your fault. You've been nothing but trouble since we let you in here. You think you can just do whatever you want? You think you're in charge here? I thought I made it really clear that...."

"Ease off Clint...." mumbled the delicate looking dark haired man.

"Since when did you start defending this bitch? I thought you hated her and now she's your best friend? Maybe more? What kind of two faced shit is that?" It was clear something else was bugging him. Jealousy perhaps? Drake belonged to him and everyone knew that. And it wasn't like he'd fucked just anyone, he'd fucked a female and one he couldn't stand. Drake might have been bisexual, but when he was with Clint, he'd agreed that he was strictly dickly. The whole thought that he'd had sex with Soul outright disgusted him no matter how it happened.

"What are you even talking about...." Drake made an attempt to lie. It wasn't a good attempt, but it was and attempt none the less.

"Do I look stupid to you?" Clint snapped back. There was a fury in his eyes that Drake rarely ever saw. This was why he'd been afraid to come back after disobeying Clint. It was why he'd hesitated to not just leave Soul in that abandoned apartment complex for dead. "You didn't think I was going to find out?" There was loud scoff as he eyed Drake. "Rima told me you fucked her. He told me everything you confessed to him when you brought her in here. One of your chief problems is you don't know when to shut up. You know what your other one is?" He didn't even wait for an answer, "You've always been a fucking whore."

Drake let go of Soul's hand and started to get up from his chair.

"Sit your ass down!" Clint commanded as he pulled a large metal crowbar from where it sat near the door. Drake hadn't even noticed it was there. Of course, when he came back carrying Soul's body he hadn't paid attention to much of anything. "You know, my first impulse was to beat the ever living fuck out of you and toss her skank ass out to be zombie chow. But, why should I give up what's mine over a stupid mistake on your part?" He began to walk towards where the dark haired woman was lying.

Drake didn't move a muscle. He was too scared of what Clint planned to do. He just froze.

"And you know what the worst thing I could do to her is?" A malicious smile crossed his lips. As he closed the distance he raised the crowbar bringing it down on Soul's hand as hard as he could. She'd tried to shift as fast as she was able, but her body was racked with so much pain that she hadn't made it very far. The sound of breaking bones and metal against metal rang throughout the room as did Soul's screams. Slowly and reflexively her body curled into a fetal position causing her to scream more. Tears, something no one had ever seen from her in the many months she'd been with them, ran down her cheeks.

Drake simply sat there in his chair. Part of him wanted to save her. The other part of him knew she had this coming. And yet another part was glad it wasn't him catching Clint's wrath.

Clint spat on Soul and threw the crowbar across the floor. He looked down triumphantly at Soul. "Let's see how long you survive as a cripple, you stupid slut." Then he turned his eyes towards Drake. "Get her to an actual cot and be in my room in fifteen minutes." Then he turned and left.

A sinking feeling hit Drake's stomach as he sat there looking at Soul crying and groaning in pain. He knew no matter what Clint said, he wasn't going to get off without repercussions. No one betrayed Clint. Nobody.

ZKSoul.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom