Currently reading:
Unspecified A Call For All

henry_harbinger

Knight
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 6:05 PM
Introduction

Hello! It was kind of you to click on my calling-all; I'll not waste time. My name is Henry, and I am an avid reader and writer. I seek partners who enjoy the same. (But then, why else would you be here, gentle reader?) In short: I write. A lot. And I need to meet new friends willing to help me fill my cravings and satisfy my muse. It matters not who you are, provided you're not a minor, a bigot, or a person who likes minors or bigots. We don't even have to be friends, if you'd rather not socialize overmuch. A writing partner is a writing partner.

What I am looking for:
  1. A person with a reasonable amount of skill, or at least the ambition to acquire some. It doesn't so much matter to me how long my partner(s) have been writing, as long as they can tell a simple sentence from a run-on and understand the nuances of prose (e.g., have the decency not to refer to human eyes as "orbs" or to their named characters as "the [male/female/other]".
  2. A person who is communicative. I certainly don't mind writing from the driver's seat, as it were, but I'd prefer if you gave me something to work with. The occasional idea, if nothing else! RP without communication is difficult to carry unless both partners are extremely adaptable and very good at thinking off-the-cuff.
  3. Posts of decent length. A solid paragraph, minimum. I myself tend to write much more, and I'll be happy to work with whatever you give me, but you have to give me something.
  4. Partners who don't mind having dormant threads for a time. When I first wrote this post, I wasn't anywhere near as busy as I am now (editing this as of April 2021). Though I'm online often to read, I find myself with less and less time to devote to writing during the academic year (as I'm U.S.-bound, that's August through April for me). As you may have noticed, I have an unfortunate lack of writing material actually...well, on the site. My mental health and general life responsibilities do tend to keep me from posting regularly on threads, though I'm happy to chatter away on the likes of Discord about characters, plot, and so on. The point of this number is, if it bothers you to have your writing partners go MIA without warning, I may not be the collaborator for you. Note too that I do always come back! Sometimes it just takes a while.

I want to write:
  • horror (especially psychological, but most anything will do)
  • original fiction
  • a diverse cast of characters (e.g., of multiple races/ethnicities, sexualities, genders, et cetera)
  • drama
  • whump

I will write:
  • fantasy
  • science-fiction
  • apocalyptic scenarios
  • modern scenarios, provided sufficient engagement
  • smut (explicit or otherwise)
  • romance (especially non-heterosexual)
  • historical fiction
  • supernatural/paranormal scenarios
  • "gothic" scenarios (e.g., Southern gothic)
  • hurt/comfort
  • for certain fandoms (Mad Max, Avatar: the Last Airbender, Outlast, The Evil Within, Knock Knock, Guild Wars 2, His Dark Materials)
  • in "sandbox style" universes
  • non-human/humanoid characters (excluding aliens and most furries)

I won't write:
  • male pregnancy
  • scat/watersports
  • almost anything involving tentacles
  • in worlds with no rules/established conventions
  • characters who are not my own
  • glorification/romanticization of the police, military, or any various -isms/phobias (sexism, racism, nationalism, homophobia, transphobia, et cetera)

I am fond of the following tropes/conventions/kinks:
  • BDSM
  • power dynamics/power imbalance
  • Non-con, whether between two consenting partners or otherwise
  • weaponry and characters who know how to use it
  • plot-relevant torture/other anguish
  • magic, the more original the better
  • well-made worlds
  • religions in fiction, including cults* (*please note that I'm not using the term to refer to abusive, modern cults; I have no interest in co-opting trauma about this subject in particular, because it's awful. If you have questions about what I mean, ask.)
  • mental manipulation/mind control, magic-based or not
  • most any other themes can conceivably be considered dark
  • defying the "bury your gays" trope
  • allowing my characters to earn a happy ending (not everything has to be all terrible, all the time; that can get just as boring as constant sunshine and rainbows)

I have a great deal of characters meandering about, some of whom are extremely flexible and easily-written into worlds which are not their own. I also can come up with new OCs for almost any scenario fairly quickly, especially if I'm using another person as a sounding board. If my various criteria apply or appeal to you, please don't hesitate to either leave a comment here, or send me a message!

Last edited:
Hello, I would love to defy the "bury your gays" trope with you. I typically write queer supernatural fantasy and am fond of stories tend toward the dark, macabre, and morbid. I don't have much experience in writing actual horror, but I'd love to try. I'm known among my writing friends for my penchant of making my characters suffer.

To be blunt on the matter: I'm not the person you want if non-hetero relationships are a must as I don't have the experience or orientation to do so but in many other regards I can fulfill your needs, especially when it comes to the tropes and preferences you mentioned.

Everything you wanted and will do is almost exactly what I am looking for, especially something that is dark and horrific. I never do hetero relationships, and I try to focus more on the plot when it comes to mature themes. I usually lean towards science fiction and fantasy. The type of characters I play are either hardboiled, insane, extremely violent, or flamboyant, but I will adjust if you are looking for something specific.

As for writing, I may occasionally slip up with grammar, however, I can often type out a well-structured paragraph. When I usually write roleplay posts, I usually write them in a script format (Ex. Person: I am talking, *I am doing and action*), but I can change it to a normal book format if you wish. I have no specific characters on hand at the moment, but I can make one up on the spot or bring one back from an old role play. I don't know about character descriptions, but I can make them as specific or as vague as you wish.

Also, I am open to violence and mature scenes.

I look forward to a roleplay with you, so let me know if you're interested in me as a partner. Thank you.

Hi there! I don't know whether you'd currently be more interested in an original or fandom plot, but a few things you listed caught my eye: fantasy, sci-fi, apocalyptic, historical fiction, supernatural, Mad Max, and sandbox style. And of course the drama and whump! I'd especially be interested in defying the gay-burying trope with you! What's your tolerance for sexual and violent content. Are there any pairings or orientations you're particularly wanting to write? I don't know if you're familiar with the tv show Black Sails, but a roleplay based on it would check a few things off the list of shared interests. Historical fiction, sandbox style, drama, whump, and there's MxM/FxF/MxMxF canon pairings. But I'm really open to anything! Feel free to PM me if you'd be interested in figuring something out.

Bumpity bump. I return to the Sanctum after a long hiatus. My needs/wants haven't changed; I'd love to find new partners! Feel free to send me a message.

Time for my yearly bump. Looking for a few folks to plot nefariously with. My inbox is always open! If we've tried to write something together before and it didn't quite work out, but that didn't put you off, you're welcome to contact me again if you're still interested in my work/ideas/etc.

Another bump, as I'm finally done with my school year! The majority of folks have been soliciting me to play female roles in f/f or m/f; if you have any interest in my thread and want to write m/m, please let me know! That's what I've been craving lately.

Back
Top Bottom