All A Dash of Yorkshire

Currently reading:
All A Dash of Yorkshire

Roisin

Serf
Local time
Tomorrow 3:17 AM

Welcome to the unusual side of a Yorkshire lass's tales and strangeness!

With exams over, I'm on the lookout for roughly 2 or more partners to kick things off and create, explore and thoroughly cause our characters a constant plethora of mischief.

So without further ado...

About me

I'm in my 20s, a full-time gym rat and a fantasy writer via not only roleplay but also small novels for my pleasure, a strange contrast of interests I've been told!

I enjoy all genres, namely science fiction a favourite genre of mine, Lovecraft stories, H.G Wells all of it, I'm a big fan, particularly Cthulu, I've always preferred the classics. But it will always come second hand to the fantasy genre of all kinds (grim dark fantasy, science fantasy, urban fantasy etc..). Anything related to werewolves, cultists, and witches any day of the year, I have a hidden love for religious undertones, especially templar concepts, and zealots of an order. These can't be a sub or main theme without magic in my mind, and when possible creating systems solely for one world. Throw in mythical deities and an enchanted forest, It's a sure-fire way to get the creative juices flowing!

In all of my stories I adore romance, I prefer a slow burn in all of my stories. Give me a fiery heart-clenching romance, with bumps in the road, and milestones to overcome and I'm invested tooth and nail!

I love action, in pretty much all of my stories when they are not slice of life. I incorporate action, fighting between opposing forces, blood, sweat and gore, give me all of it. It tickles a certain itch!

No matter the story, I have a limit of 30/70 as more of a guideline. I focus on the story and the twists, routes, and little shenanigans the characters get up to compared to outright smut. A little bit of spice added in is always nice. But not too much or the curry is ruined.

Availability

Time zone as I live in the UK, so to quote the above I am unavailable between 9-11 PM this is when I train at the gym 5-6 times a week, and work days 8 AM - 3 PM on a shift pattern. I do check messages and reply when I get home or the next day. So please be patient, on my work days. I will always reply, and message back to say I'm busy and can't post that day.

When it comes to posts my word count is typically higher than 300+ I do value quality over quantity, so I don't fill posts with fluff. Interaction between characters will always be shorter than describing a new area. My highest word count has been 4k and my lowest is 500 more or less. I'm more of a post every other day kind of gal, rarely on the same day, because of timezones usually. But more so I like to sit down and muse over what to write. Proofread for errors even though this will be full of them no doubt, even after checking some still peak through the cracks!

Expectations

A good understanding of English, grammar, the difference between too or to etc. But it doesn't have to be perfect as I know mine isn't, I won't pick apart each post, since I'm caught red-handed with mistakes all the time from posts even after skimming through, those pesky outliers and double 'the'

Post length anything from 300+ being a die-hard novella writer I enjoy longer posts or shorter ones, like I said I value quality over quantity. So I do look for someone that can match my length, but the minimum is 300 per post, I won't stress if it's short sometimes when it's dialogue-heavy between characters. So long as it isn't one-liners. And, there is enough to reply to.

If there is anything bothering you or you'd like to see the story head in a particular direction let me know!

Pushing the story forward and having something in each post I can bounce off, like changing the scene or adding in new characters. It's hard to reply when given little context.

Anyone that is interested and got through this thread with all nine lives, send a message my way with either a plot I have down below or one of your very own that you are interested in discussing.

For the record anything fantasy, I will most likely accept as I am in love with the Genre and secretly want to create something equally as awesome, like The Lord of the Rings.

Genre Cravings
Fantasy: Anything with swords and magic, enchanted forests or labyrinths of illusion created for a young maiden to keep her as a servant or potential apprentice, a sorceress/sorcerer might do such a thing. Guardians, Titans corrupted or God-like creatures turned immortal to test humanity. Newly trained or exiled Paladins seeking holy artefacts, only to find retribution is a slow insidious path of self-destruction. Long dead dragons are resurrected by a new master that holds the whip. Then, there is the fun sub-genre of urban fantasy, particularly set in London or Chicago, themed around Operas, or the circus, rarely leaving the chosen city. Or a world created to centre on the divide between man and the supernatural. All set in an urban society.

Supernatural: I find for this genre I enjoy literally everything, a certain favourite is historical themes with supernatural elements. A young wealthy woman, from a prestigious family, hides a dark secret. Lycanthropy. Or, a hidden society beneath the mortal realm, which is set in the renaissance. Cultists and nihilism collide, and one innocent caught in between, yet a mysterious catalyst to all events. Vampires, witches, werewolves, angels, demons, good vs evil. Supernatural powers are granted or evolved from a mysterious element. So many options in this genre I can't list them all!

Magic Realism: A new genre I found which is focused on magic involved in everyday life, effectively it is not seen as abnormal to levitate a book or possess the capabilities to turn Iron to Gold. This would be more slice of life, or entirely action based. A war setting might be good here, as modern earth would be different, weaponry changed, and structures in society. This would be a fun world-building adventure, but also a casual romantic tea room, chance meeting situation. Which would tie into Family Saga, an heir to a legacy that finds love with a lower-class alchemist.

Family Saga: I would love to incorporate forbidden love between a maid and the daughter of a Duchess, in a period piece where such a love would be considered a crime. It would also follow the family decades back through the history of scandal and troubles in business. If they are of Irish blood and have gangster inclinations, the story would follow the same but be focused on family and crime. If I had a choice this would be a second favourite to do, and I would love to play a maid or simple family hand. Helping with the 'outdoor' business run by the gentleman, or Lady of the Household.

Plots will be added in the future, but for now, they are on paper as scribblings and look rather unattractive with my doctor-like handwriting!​

Last edited:
Pairings

There is a vague plot behind each pairing, so if you are interested ask away I'll be happy to share in more detail as I give snippets down below. Or if you have an idea of your very own, I'd love to hear it!

Supernatural
Vampire X Human (Plot idea set in noir fiction.)
Witch X Witch Hunter (Medieval or Urban Fantasy, the plot works in either. The idea is a rogue witch or witches practice underground in covens hunted by the church or religious order)
Goddesses Champion X Maiden (Plot follows mythology, a form of Hercules Trials)
Mermaid X Sailor (Modern plotline, with time walking)

Paladin X Ward (A cleric or thief plotline orientated around the cleric or thief role)
Sorceress/Sorcerer X New Apprentice (In a tower/prison setting or travelling the different elemental planes type plotline)
Knight X Royalty (A classic tale of forbidden romance, during times of conflict or tension between nations plot)
Dragon Rider X Dragon Rider (Another classic - High fantasy for the most part)

Slice of Life
Girl or Boy Next Door X Army Mechanic (So this is revolving around army life, and deployment plotline)
Biker X New Diner Owner (Partially involves a conflict of debt, harassment to sell for the land, Biker Gangs, depending on what is of interest! It can be a very sweet romance)
Aspiring Painter X Muse (A friend or someone who needs money, so this would be focused on how the artist slowly falls in love with their model)
Rich Patron X Musician (A woman or man talented with an instrument catches the eye of a secret admirer. Who slowly involve themselves in the musician's life. First the music they fall for, then the person behind the instrument)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom