Both Needed A Generated World (The Interest Check)

Currently reading:
Both Needed A Generated World (The Interest Check)

Chaos_Sphere

He who blinks manually.
Local time
Today 3:45 PM
[Premise]
A recent urban legend states that a mysterious game is abducting unsuspecting players, causing several mysterious appearances. The game in question is said to be an action RPG set in a procedurally-generated world that tends to be inconsistent with reports including buildings spawning in the middle of forests and the appropriately nicknamed 'Dimensional Doors' that may appear in and lead to impossible places. Many people are skeptical about the existence of such a game mainly due its nature alone, which lead to even greater amounts of skepticism about the legend itself. Unfortunately, this rumor is true and you are one of the players stuck inside the game's world. Will you get to escape with the truth, or will you remain trapped forever?

----------

This is a plot idea that I have been thinking of lately and I'm now wanting to try this out, and I think that it would work better as a group RP where participants could cooperate with each other. Expect a combination of magic and technology in the setting, along with abrupt changes in the atmosphere caused by the game world's odd nature.

Romance is completely optional in this RP and thus it will not be the main focus, since the main focus will be trying to survive and/or escape. There won't be any sexual encounters occurring on the scene (though they could be referenced or implied). Your characters would receive abilities of your choice, given that they won't be game-breaking. Expect some dark themes in this one, and a bit of surreality (Poe's Corner, yes).

If you cannot handle fantastic settings, action, violence, abrupt shifts of the atmosphere, and getting assaulted by magitek power armors, this may not be for you.

[Rules]
+ Follow site rules (especially about keeping your characters 18+)
+ Zero explicit sex scenes, please (referencing them or adding short implications are fine alternatives).
+ No godmodding, metagaming, auto-dodge/hit/kill and the like, even on NPCs controlled by others.
+ Character Sheet required for joining. No need for faceclaims or pics. Keep it simple!
+ No OOC talk in IC Thread. That stuff will occur in a group convo.
+ Permission to kill is required for characters.
+ Proper grammar and spelling is strongly encouraged. We may not be perfect in these things though, so grammar nazism will be seen as intolerable in this rp.
+ No character limit currently in mind, but the number of major opponents will adjust to the number of Player Characters present.
+ After your initial expression of interest has been affirmed, you are required to finish your character sheet within one week to claim your slot. Inability to do so renders you disqualified.
+ Rules are subject to change.

[Character Sheet]
Name:
Sexuality:
In-Game Race:

Appearance:
Personality:
In-Game Abilities:
Weaknesses:
Background (Optional):

[Official Slots: 5 / 6]
+ Chaos Sphere - [n/a]
+ Luathis - [Chiyo]
+ Kimcora - [Noah/Halsten]
+ Phoeniana - [Melody/Nova]
+ Lavender Tea - [Dae/Aria]
+ Extra (Reserved) - [TBA]

If you are interested, you have to respond to this thread BEFORE you work on your character sheet.

Last edited:
"I heard that an update has occurred. What is it?"

"Just the rules and a little bit at the end. Check it out, it's decent and of noble intentions."

"Good. If you mess up, I will BUMP you off."

I am interested! Are you thinking everyone is involved in every surprise Dimensional Door? Or will it be based on the roleplayer availability, so we won't have to wait for everyone? Or will it be order-based posting?

In terms of applying a turn order system, I am still pondering about that, since either option has their pros and cons in terms maintaining RP flow. When it comes to the Dimensional Doors, it is up to the person to decide whether to enter them or not.

That aside, thanks a lot for showing your interest! I will now add you into one of the available slots. You may now work on your character.

Last edited:
I'm interested.

Greetings. Thank you for taking interest! You may now work on your character sheet.

----

Update: I just updated the Char. Sheet Template.

Last edited:
xCTyQeo.png
[ N a m e ] ...
CHIYO

[ A g e ] ...

[ A v a t a r - R a c e ] ...

FEMALE BEJEWELED DEMON
Sub-species of Demon aligned with Lust and Greed
characterized by jeweled eyes.
Can draw mana from and store mana within rare jewels.

[ A p p e a r a n c e ] ...

LONG, LAYERED, STRAIGHT BLACK HAIR
JEWELED VIOLET EYES

[ A v a t a r - A b i l i t i e s ] ...
CREATION OF BLACK OPAQUE SOLID SHIELDS OF MANA
The properties of the shields can be adapted with effort tapered by eventual familiarity:
# of shields active, thickness, thinness, sharpness, durability, shape.
The force behind the shields' movements can be varied with more focus.
Only a single shield can be moved or adapted at one time.
Shields can only be maintained if within sight.

[ W e a k n e s s e s ] ....
AVERSION TO HOLY. RELIGION ELEMENTS
ABILITY REQUIRES SIGHT AND
CONTINUOUS MENTAL STRENGTH FOR COMPLEX ACTIONS
REQUIRES THE USE OF A JEWEL WITH INCREASING RARITY TO LEVEL
piRJRIv.jpg

RwbydKI.png

9rQedZy.png
[ N a m e ] ...
SOPHIA HASEGAWA

[ A g e ] ...

[ G e n d e r ] ...
FEMALE

[ S e x u a l i t y ] ...
HETEROSEXUAL

[ A p p e a r a n c e ] ...

LONG WAVY BLACK HAIR, VIOLET EYES

[ P e r s o n a l i t y ] ...
OBSERVANT, LOGICAL, PURPOSEFUL, SELF-SERVING

[ B a c k g r o u n d ] ....
Sophia Hasegawa is the DAUGHTER OF A WEALTHY INVESTOR primarily specializing in technological advancement.
After spurning a marriage solely-based on financial gain for her family, Sophia found herself surviving alone both ill-prepared and bitter.
She learned quickly to TAKE and never agree to an arrangement without some form of GAIN.
TF3ECNt.gif

Last edited:
I'm interested if you'll have another! I was thinking a male knight type? I used them in another similar RP and I think they could be interesting.

The slots are still wide open. If you pass your character sheet on time, I will have the slot filled.

I may also update the rules about a character sheet deadline.

~Name~
(In-Game)
Halsten Evergarde

(Out of Game)
Noah Grant

~Age~

~Gender~
Male

~Sexuality~
Bisexual

~In-Game Race~
Elf

~Appearance~
(In Game)

aJoI7Nkm.jpg

Halsten stands about 6'3 and is more the brawny type, despite the elven heritage. He often carries himself with a spring in his step, despite having a full set of armor. He sports a long sword and shield. Usually there is a confident smile on the man's face, unless in battle in which he is more serious and focused.

(Out of Game)
ucmiJ0Em.jpg

Noah stands about 5'9 and is a thin, lithe man that often liked to make himself as small as possible. He's usually in a sweater that covers as much of his frame as possible. He wears glasses that are a bit too big for his face.

~Personality~
(In-Game)
Halsten is a very go with the flow kind of person and is excitable. He's the heroic type more than the strategist and often is prone to diving head first into situations where peril is at hand. He prefers company and good drinks to a boring life of solitude. He is a bit impatient, but has some control over his tongue, often putting his aggression into fighting or tasks he can excel at. He isn't exactly stupid, but he has his gullible or hasty moments, even when trying to be sincere. He's more of a teddy bear in personality, but a grizzly when it comes to violence. Though not vindictive, he takes up the plight of protection seriously and will not hesitate to cut someone down if they threaten him or pose harm to someone who can't defend themselves. His pride, however feeds his ego and he often comes across as cocky or dismissive of others skill. However, his high sense of good morale makes him good at following orders and being a team player, if they are fighting on the same side.

(Out of Game)
Noah is a very quiet man who likes to make as little fuss over himself as possible. He prefers to speak less, or if he speaks it's quite softly. He tried to emulate the confidence he wants in the game, but outside of the game he can't seem to find his voice or gets too flustered and hides. He is a kind hearted person that would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. However, he is quite awkward and nervous in most social situations.

~In-Game Abilities~
(yes these are all taken from Dragon age. Don't judge me XD)

*Fortify: Able to use his shield to increase his defense for a short duration.
*Shield Bash: Can stun an enemy briefly for a follow up retaliation attack.
*Livid: When surrounded and at low health, his attacks become tougher for a short duration.
*Slash: Basic attack with long sword

~Weaknesses~

*Heavy Armor Class: Slow in battle because of his armor and his attacks consume a lot of stamina
*Archetype: Ranged weapon attacks do significant damage
*Livid ability: His attacks raise in strength but lower in accuracy. There is a higher chance they might be deflected.
*Weapons: Shield and sword can break over time

Last edited:
Perhaps myself? It reminds me of an idea I thought a while ago and now I'm actually excited to be just a player and not a GM!

Is this still open? I would love to participate!

Yes, it is open and still waiting!

Perhaps myself? It reminds me of an idea I thought a while ago and now I'm actually excited to be just a player and not a GM!

Indeed, there is still space for you. I am glad to see someone who had a similar idea!

Both of you may now work on your character sheets. Once all slots are filled, I will do a head check to ensure that all players are available

Name: {In Game} - Nova
{Out Game} - Melody Grey

Sexuality: Heterosexual

In-Game Race: Human, though her class is Summoner

Appearance:

Personality: {In Game} Nova is probably one of those girls you wouldn't immediately want in your party. Her energy, joy, and all around attitude are constantly out of the stratosphere. She is a real "Let's get 'em, guys!" type of gal. It's a rare day when you don't find her bouncing around from place to place, person to person, enjoying everything the game has to offer and more. Even in the heat of battle, her bubbly determination is where her true strength comes from. At least, she thinks so. The only times one would catch Nova disturbed or upset in the least is when her friends and those she cares for are in danger. Reallll beacon of light, that one.

{Out Game} If there was a picture in the dictionary next to the word 'timid', you'd see Melody there. Because of her wealthy social standing, Melody isn't found hanging around a crowd of people. In fact, she only selected specific girls and guys to be her friends while trying desperately to avoid others. Regardless of being around them, she isn't much of a chatter. Just a delicate smile here or there. She doesn't have much of a personality. Just quiet, reserved, and sheltered.

In-Game Abilities: Mariss, The Galaxy Owl: When Summoned, Mariss has the passive ability to apply a 'Haste' effect over her teammates, giving them a speed increase. The effect is only into play with the amount of stamina Nova has. She can use no other Summons while Mariss is in play.

Tripoli, The Cryofox: Nova Summons of fox made of ice. On command, Tripoli runes in a straight line, 'Slowing' all enemies in the path and dealing a small amount of damage. If no one is hit, Tripoli leaves behind a trail of snow, 'Slowing' anyone who moves onto the trail.
She can use no other Summons while Tripoli is in play.

Xenos, The Guardian Valkyrie: When summoned, a Valkyrie appears behind Nova, granting her bonus magic damage. Each time she auto attack with her staff, the damage is increased significantly. Only one Summon can be used at the same time that Xenos is in play, but only once.

Ultaire, The Heaven's Arrow: As her Final and most powerful Summon, Nova calls upon an intangible deity in the form of an angel. Ultaire shoots a volley of arrows in the shape of a cone. Any enemies hit are dealt with a generous amount of damage. If the arrows fly through the party, they heal for a small portion. This ability takes a great deal of Stamina, leaving Nova unable to Summon for quite some time.

Weaknesses: Ouch! That Hurts!: Physical Attacks since she has no armor.
Wait For It...: Nova has a channel time for each Summon which can allow for an enemy to send in quick attacks of their own.
Where Did They Go?!: If Nova cannot see the enemy or teammates, her Summons do not know where to go, which may cause their skill to be voided.

Last edited:
(Let me know if this toes the line too close to Nova! If there shouldn't be too many support classes, I can switch it up! 😊)

o°✥✤✣ Aria Spindleleaf ✣✤✥°o
6c9d36ff58c2d44f6d2ab2e6fe914e6d.jpg

Name: [In Game] Aria Spindleleaf, [Out of Game] Dae O'Neil
Sexuality: Pansexual
In-Game Race: Gnome/Short race/Lalafell-esque
Class: White Mage
7b4a336b870f454b8d7eeb4fb2365ed9.jpg

Personality: Aria's personality in the game matches that of her real life self; outgoing, stubborn, brash, and foulmouthed. A typical "bro," if you will. Her character was originally chosen as a joke amongst her friends, and now she's living the irony of being stuck as a tiny and adorable baby faced girl, that looks nothing like how her personality presents itself. Aria is prone to speaking her mind, even if it's barbed, and can insert herself into situations, going above and beyond for what she feels is right, even if it involves steamrolling other peoples' wants and needs.​

In-Game Abilities:

Sacred Light - Deals radiant damage to a nearby enemy with the potential to stun low level enemies.
Cure Wounds - Cures a percentage of target's HP.
Divine Tether - Instantly draws target party member to your side. Cannot be used outside of combat.
Panacea - Removes a single detrimental effect from target.

Weaknesses:

Short Race
- Has a hard time keeping up with the movement of other races.
Squishy - Easily hit and easily damaged.
Noob - New to RPGs, Aria doesn't have the same knowledge, awareness, or game sense as experienced players.
Lack of Weapon Proficiencies - Unable to pick up other weapons and use them.

Both characters are approved. I have no problems about more than one support, but do note that the team make-up may affect the overall team performance and the game world's behavior.

Once I have finished some personal matters, the head count will be initiated.

"I heard that an update has occurred. What is it?"

"Just the rules and a little bit at the end. Check it out, it's decent and of noble intentions."

"Good. If you mess up, I will BUMP you off."
I like how the Lit RPG has picked up steam may i take part as well?

Both characters are approved. I have no problems about more than one support, but do note that the team make-up may affect the overall team performance and the game world's behavior.

I have tweaked the last Skill for Nova in hopes that less healing a tad more damage balances out. ^^

Back
Top Bottom