All A Lord of The Rings Search (Ideas inside!)

Currently reading:
All A Lord of The Rings Search (Ideas inside!)

Pride.

Serf
Local time
Today 4:09 AM
Pronouns
She/Her

29852723.gif

I know it is only one, but I would go crazy if I do not restrain myself

Hello everyone, I am new to this site so I am navigating how to use this site, but I like to think of myself as a quick learner. So while this may be a bit choppy, I have done my best to make this look nice while also giving all the details one might be looking for. I have shoved a lot of stuff into bullet-pointed sections, which I felt would be easier for all parties involved to get information on me and what I am looking for. I don't bite, so please come inside, and stay a while in you would like. If anyone as any feedback they would like to give, please send it my way, I would love to hear it!

About Me and The Thread:
- I am a twenty-year-old female, who works full-time in a bakery. I have various mental health issues that sometimes sap the life energy out of me, making it hard to post full replies. But I love to plot ideas and write headcanons.
- I like to consider myself to be a semi-lit to a literate writer. I generally write between 4-6 paragraphs per character and I can write some big chunky ones when I am really feeling it. But I also consider myself to be pretty chill so if the scene does not require a novel then it doesn't require a novel.
- I can post at least once a week, though it can be faster whenever I have time off it can be faster. However, I love to chat in ooc.
- I usually prefer to keep OOC in pms so nothing gets lost in the rp thread.
- I enjoy doubling, and I would prefer to double.
- I would prefer romance but I am looking for something more slow-burning.
- I am mainly looking to CCxOc on my side of things. However, I might be convinced to do CCxCC or OcxOc with some convincing.
- I have experience writing all the major pairings MxF, FxF, and MxM so I am very flexible.
- When it comes to Story and SMut, I am comfortable with sexual themes and such, however, I don't want it to take over the main story.
- This can be long-term or short-term. I have ideas for after the films so if you wish for something long-term then I have things floating around
- I am sure I am missing a lot but feel free to message/post your questions me your questions

My partners:
- I would prefer someone who can write at least two paragraphs so I can have a little substance. I don't expect novels for every response
- I want someone who can collaborate with me. Let's build a story together and explore Middle Earth in our own way
- Someone who is comfortable with dark topics, since it is Lord of The Rings, there will be death and war.
- I am also looking for someone who is comfortable with doubling as well.
- No need to send me writing samples, just bring yourself to the fun
- Realistic fcs please.

These are a couple of ideas I would be interested in using, it's not required they be followed

Before the Beronings walked the lands of Middle Earth there was another that could change their shape at will. These beings however were not from the race of men like the Beroning, no, these beings were instead of the Maiar. Spirits that were created to aid the Valar in the younger days of Middle Earth. While there are five most known across the great lands, there were the nameless ones that were just as powerful and timeless as the Istari sent by Manwë, while the Istari could only remain in their human forms to aid the world of Men and Elves. These Maiar retained their ability to change their shape, they could not only walk amongst the mortals but also animals. It was up to these Maiar to ensure the natural order of nature, to push back the ones trying to consume the woods and lifeblood of the land from within the shadows. They did not need their names to be known in order to be proud of their work, but those who saw these Maiar would never forget them. For they only appear before very few and those they do show themselves to have a great purpose to serve, whether they know it or not. The Istari call them the Children of the Wood, Spirits of the Mist, and Guardians of Stone. But amongst Men, they are simply known as the People of many skins, shapeshifters.

Do not be frightened if you see their glowing eyes in the wood or catch them ducking behind a tree in the corner of your eye, for they will not harm you, and if you are lucky they may even approach you. If they do, know that destiny will call your name sooner than you think.

Idea notes:
- Now some of you may be wondering, Pride what the hell is this? Well let me explain
- This idea centers around Maiar who basically are one with nature and have been doing their best to maintain it when the dark powers of Morgoth and Saruon tried to take over Middle Earth. Rarely ever being seen, choosing to instead work from within their dark woods and mountains
- Sometimes they have been confused for fae creatures, but they aren't, though sometimes the mischievous beings like to hang around the Spirit's homes
- They are strong protectors and are not to be trifled with unless you bring a strong enough army to match them
- Basically, I am thinking it would be cool if a couple of spirits come out of their woods, whether by choice or force and travel with the Fellowship using their powers to aid the group. And have some learning about the other people of Middle Earth shenanigans

Young children weaved and bobbed with excited giggles as they pressed through the crowd of parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins to reach their destination. All of these young ones had a single goal in mind. They pressed in close to each other, gathering around the figure that towered over even their mother and father. Clothed entirely in gray, a long bread framed the giant grin on his face. "Gandalf, Gandalf!" They cried, many voices combining to make one. "Can you tell us one of your stories, please!" Gandalf The Grey chuckled at the children's enthusiasm. Their bright eyes shining, even in the evening drawing to a close, all young hobbits were teaming with energy. "Now, now, it is getting rather late." Gandalf was only half-heartedly trying to push these children away. Easily caving when they cried out in protest. "Alright, but I shall only tell one." Many voices clashed against each other as the little ones argued about what stories they wanted to hear from the wizard. "Tells about the dragons Gandalf!" One cried, pushing to the front of the pack as they shouted. "We have already heard enough about dragons, I want to hear a story about warriors!" Another raised their voice to drown out the other child.

The Wizard raised his hands to quiet the band of excited youngsters. "Settle down, settle down." Gandalf raised his voice just enough to ensure he had all of their attention. It took a moment, but soon enough all of them piped down and looked to Gandalf. "You wish to hear a story of dragons, a story of powerful warriors." He started his tale, watching as the eyes of even the older hobbits drifted his way. "Then I believe I have a tale that even I have not told you, a tale of warriors that used to wander these lands many an age ago." Gandalf smiled as the children settled in to listen to his words carefully. "Today I will tell you about The Riders, a race of people as old and wise as elves. As resilient as a dwarf." He knew he had everyone's attention now. "They appeared to be no different from myself, sharing the features of man, but they were far from ordinary because you see they were friends of dragons." A collective gasp swept through the group of young hobbits. "Yes, they were blessed with the ability to bond with the creatures, and even speak their tongue." Gandalf smiled, a distant memory drifted across his gaze.

"Long ago, when the land was ruled by a darker power, the ruler of these dark times sought to make an indestructible weapon of war. One that could not be harmed by any mortal weapon. One that would not know fear, and could tear down a great city in one day." Gandalf began his tale, watching as the young hobbits fell silent. Fully engrossed in what story he was telling them. "And so he created dragons. Creatures of immeasurable power could outlive any man. They only knew their own greed and malice. This is what this lord wanted, however, he feared that these creatures would on day turn against him. Using the life he granted them to take his power. He wanted to be sure that they could never disobey him." Gandalf called upon his memories, as we recalled the great warriors that were chased from these lands long ago. "What they were once called has been lost to time, only now being known as the Riders. Men and Elves that were blessed by Morgoth with the power to bind their lives to that of a dragon. That way he could be sure that the dragons would not turn against him. Because it would mean the loss of the dragons' only friends." That night Gandalf went on to tell the hobbits about the wars of the First Age.

And how the Riders that Morgoth came to know their power. For as the First Age became the Second the magic that was given to the great Riders became their own. Separating from the Dark Lord and gathering their strength. The dragons taught the Riders about their ways, and the chosen Riders showed the dragons kindness and humanity. It was these traits that sparked the flame of rebellion within their ranks. It was a tale of inner strength, of choosing the right path even when it was shrouded in darkness. A tale of turning a new leaf for oneself. Gandalf left out the more gruesome details of the Rider's history, not wanting to leave them in despair. He did not wish to tell them that they ruthlessly hunted after they had fought to protect the people they thought they could trust. He only told them that when their mission was over the Riders left these lands to live out the rest of their days in peace. Leaving the ones behind that could not accept this change. Many of the young hobbits had been carried home by their parents that night.

Gandalf filled the children's dreams that night with dragon riders and magic. As the night came to a close, Bilbo and himself sat outside smoking their pipes. "There is one thing I am confused about, Gandalf." Biblo paused his smoking to look over at his old friends. "The Riders from your story, what happened to them?" For a moment, Gandalf said nothing deep in thought. "The Riders were born from a dark power, an older power, but they rebelled. Finding their own honor and strength. The dragons and the riders no longer wished to be slaves to the dark master that made them." Gandalf looked to Biblo as he spoke. "But the damage was already done, the people of Middle Earth wish to rid these lands of the Riders and their dragons. The riders knew of these plans, they gathered all they could and fled these lands a long time ago." Bilbo puffed out a few rings of smoke, taking in all the things that Gandalf had just said. "Do you think they are still alive?" Gandalf let out a small chuckle, a small smile on his face. "Oh yes, they had the will to defy Morgoth, which is not an easy thing to do." Gandalf had this proud look in his eyes. And Bilbo knew that Gandalf knew his fair share of Riders.

"Do you think they will ever try to return to these lands?" Gandalf was used to the older hobbit asking questions at this point in their friendship. "Of that, I am not too sure, maybe they will, when the time is right." Satisfied Biblo nodded his head and put his pipe back in his mouth. Gandalf soon followed suit. The two sat in comfortable silence for the rest of the time. The wills of the world had a funny way of going about things, and Gandalf knew in his heart, that the fates willed it. Then one day the great Riders would one day return to the lands of Middle Earth and come out of the shadows of myth.

Idea Notes:
- I am not super educated on the lore of Middle Earth, most of my knowledge comes from watching the films and researching on my own time. Since I do not own the books. So yes, I will be messing with the canon lore to make something new.
- In this timeline, when Morgoth made dragons, he wanted to ensure that he had a way to control them. He gathered a group of elves and humans, giving them the ability to bond with dragons (Similar to Eragon and GoT/HoD) to learn the tongue of dragons. By bonding with dragons Riders were granted a life as long as their dragons lived. Riders were able to channel some of the dragon's magic to use it.
- Some of the dragon warriors turned against their master to fight for the free people, but once the wars were over they were hunted down. So they took their people and went across the sea to find a new home.
- If you have any questions for me, just ask!

But Pride?:
- I have an oc made, can I make them into a Rider? Yes, you may! Just run your ideas past me.
- Alternatively, if you have a character you would like to play that you don't want to make into a Rider. I would be happy to plot something out.
- What if I want to make dragon shifters? I can toss some lore together, don't you worry toss your strange ideas at me. I will even play with the 'modern oc tossed into the other world' trope. Just ask away.
- What if I want to play against Arwen or Eowyn? If you want to play against one of the ladies, I can make that happen
- What if my canon character is not a part of the Fellowship Originally? If you don't have any ideas for how to put your desired canon character in, I am happy to craft. I have many ideas
- I don't like the idea of Riders, I just want to stick more with canon lore. Okay, then we can work something out.

Who I am looking for:
Aragorn, Legolas, or Boromir (I prefer an Au where Boromir doesn't die when playing against him)

Who I can write:
I can write the three mentioned above as well as Arwen, Eowyn, Faramir, and Eomer, and if you have a specific person in mind just ask me.

You can reply directly to the thread or send me a PM!

Back
Top Bottom