Either Needed A Low fantasy adventure about taking back what's yours.

Currently reading:
Either Needed A Low fantasy adventure about taking back what's yours.

Oris

Storyteller
Local time
Today 2:42 PM
Pronouns
He/him
I know the title may not be much, and I'll be honest I'm not the best at trying to make things pop, so I'm doing this in a way I hope can work.

I am intending on getting an adventure started in a setting of my creation. Magic has been lost for a long while. Humans seem to be the only thing to exist as far as anyone can tell. But for you the players I intend on telling a story of people who are about to lose so much, but have to come together to get it all back through trial, tribulations, and unraveling a mystery that spans centuries. You are weak, merely humans who at most are good at swordsplay or strategy. Going against something older with a force you have not seen in any of your lifetimes. And they are about to take everything from you.

Now this is going to be different, but I am making it be that a select few people get to play as Royalty. To those that are concerned in anyway there is no need to worry I intend on having every character being able to play a part in this. When we get to that is another point but right now I am gathering interest for this as I've been wanting to get it out for such a long time (3 years at this point.)

I look forward to playing with whoever finds interest in this.

Right sorry about the delay.

Long story short of it is a continent named Illyria. I have a whole doc on the landscape and regions of it.

Long ago it used to be one massive kingdom. One of it's rulers became a tyrant. 5 heroes stepped up in defiance and took him down. From that point each hero took a section of the land and made a kingdom from it.

The heroes and the kingdoms are something I want to work with players to make. You know let you all have some say. Mind you everything beyond Ilyria is my all me.

Alright, do you have any kind of system in how we would come up with that? What do we do first? Wait for more to join, or do we make characters, or do we begin with the planning?

Can't go wrong with making the royals be the first 5 players. Give me a bit to get home so I can grab the doc.

I would be interested in joining. :)

Alright so it's not going to fillable but I will at least post the regions so you all have the ideas of what your kingdoms are going to be inside of.

The North

The northern Tundras are well known for some of the most dangerous game in the land and it's biting cold temperatures, a land where those that have adapted live by the adage of survival of the Fittest. The days are cold, and the nights are brutal for those not ready for hell to freeze over. Packs of beasts prowl during the day and night and it's ill advised to travel on your own.

The South

The southern areas of Ilyria are considered the second most hostile land in the continent, albeit a complete opposite to the north. Most outsiders know of the horrid humidity that rains over this part of the land, solid ground is less common with a vast majority of the area being swamplands. Most villages are built upon shallower patches of swamp. Houses made of a mixture of stone and wood standing 10-20 feet above the swamp are a commodity here, more traditional villages are an extreme rarity due to the flood season. Many fish and amphibians live in the swamps alongside the humans that find themselves here

The West

A land of brutal dry seasons and large chunks of land only home to sand and many a blistering hot day and much more tolerable nights.Few trees grow here with most vegetation not even reaching to the average person's knees. Out here water can be found in small oases that are few and far between. The main source of water comes from a large river sitting at the border between the West and the South.

The East

A land sometimes nicknamed the Emerald sea, this part of Ilyira is almost a sea of trees, most of the ground only seeing spots of sunlight, not enough to plunge the land below the trees into darkness. Most of the wildlife around here are Birds that switch from life above the trees, and some flightless birds that prowl the land below. The ones without flight have long since become a form of mount for the people of the East.

The Center

The oldest Region of Ilyria, most buildings here have stood from times long before Ilyria as a kingdom came to be. Rolling hills, birch trees, and some long since abandoned ruins dot the land in varying levels of commodity. Many wild animals have taken over some of the ruins, packs of wolves hide in old barracks, birds nest in derelict watchtowers. Many merchants find it oddly foreboding at night, claiming feelings of being watched and seeing things that may not be there. Due to many a story most people do not even bother to travel at night.

Back
Top Bottom