Positivity Goblin
Staff member
Herald
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 2:39 AM
Pronouns
he/him
Pie the goblin rushed through the crowds of Flechester to catch up to his friend. When Miss Nyxia had walked of with an excited look on her face, eager to explore this new city, he hadn't been sure if he should stay or go. Mister Lurog quickly fixed that when he asked if someone should follow her to keep an eye on the FeyMarch raised Goliath woman. He looked at pie nodding his big orc head suggestively in the direction Nyxia had gone. No doubt he wanted some alone time with Miss Ashla so they could make lovey dovey talk. Pie had nodded and rushed off, trying to catch the long strides of the 8 foot tall goliath woman with his tiny stride.

He caught up to her, her lush dark hair swishing as she darted from vendor to vendor with innocent delight. "Wait! Miss… pant.. Nyxia! I'll go with you!" He called out as he caught up.

As they walk around Pie points out to Nyxia things he remembers. "That store sells good bread, those Miskelo priests are stuck up jerks, that place over there? That's the Penance Palace, Don't break laws here or they will make you go there and not let you leave and demand that you hurt your arms working all day, and then make you stay even longer if you don't get enough work done."

Pie struggles to keep up as Nyxia excitedly darts from place to place, her enthusiasm quickening her step and lengthening her stride unconsciously. "Do you want to get some new clothes Miss Nyxia? Or some jewelry? I bet there's lots of things you could try on and see how they look. I might get something too. It's been a while since I got anything new."

Turning sharply, Nyxia looking around. "What the heck? Who said that? Did I hear Pie?"

Pie looked up at her, dwarfed as he was at only 3 feet tall compared to her towering 8 feet. "Down here Miss Nyxia! I'm trying to keep up! It's pretty fun to be in new places isn't it!" Pie says, panting as he catches up once more. "You .. Didn't hear me before this?"

"Oh I'm sorry Pie. I didn't know anything was bothering to follow me. What did you say?" Nyxia chuckled lightly. "I'm more curious than a Cheshire cat if I do say so myself. I've never been somewhere so big. Or with so much money. Or so many people with so many options. The excitement is almost nauseating."

Pie nods. "It's ok, everybody split up and I didn't know which way to go at first so I was a little behind. It was really overwhelming when I first got here, but I was thinking about other things then... When it got comfortable there was a bunch to see!" He thinks for a moment. "I've never had this much money before either. I don't even know what to buy! I should probably save it for getting better at magic .. but that's no fun so maybe just a little spending."

"Your magic is great. Why would you need to buy more especially when we have all these things to we could buy?" She chuckled picking up a large over sized hat with a floppy brim. Nyxia chuckles just imagining how silly she looked with it on.

"That looks nice! It frames your face and make you look like a wizard lady." He wanders around the vendor. "Oh! look at these feather earrings! It's a whole new look!"

Nyxia smiled brightly as she grabbed another large hat to place on Pie's head. "Now you look the part as well."

Pie looks out from under the too large hat. "This might be a little too big, it goes down over my eyes!" Despite saying that he adjusts it and turns it trying to find the right angle. "What about a dress Miss Nyxia?"

"Uuuuh. I've not really worn any. The few I wore when I was knee high gave my ma conniptions...to be fair I didn't really care if the world saw my britches." Nyxia laughed lightly. "I'm not exactly sure what I'd wear for a dress. I'm pretty tall. Or were you talking about you. I'm sure you'd look great in one."

"They have to have something, there's other top shelters out there. We can see if they have one you could try. I think it would be nice. Uhm as for me, I don't know if a dress is really for me but if you don't want to do it alone I'd do it too." Red blush spreads from his cheeks to the tips of his big ears.

"Robes are basically dresses that just open in the front ain't they?" Nyxia smiled sheepishly. "So maybe I find you some nice robes. And you pick me out some dresses."

"I was gonna suggest a robe, but I was afraid you might not try a dress if I didn't offer. I think that sounds fun. I bet you'll be really pretty in a dress. I'll pick some for you. Then sometime when there's a boy you like or we meet some fancy people you can show them your top shelf best!" It hurt a little to suggest she dress up for other men, but he knew that to her, well to everyone he was just a little invisible goblin. Best not to visit that debate again. He'd already broken down to Mister Lurog about that and ended up the center of everyone's attention.

Nyxia rubs her chin thinking for a moment. "He did mention dressing to please people helps with performance and confidence." She muttered quietly. " Alright. You do that. Give me a few choices. I'm going to grab stuff for you. Ready. Set. GO."

The walked into a clothing shop, and the sheer amount of options was staggering. True to her word Nyxia picked out several robes that did indeed make him look more the part of magician. Much more than his usual breaches and vest. He looked in the mirror and was amazed how collected he looked . Who would have ever thought the poor woodcutters son with weak little arms would be dressed in such finery. Definitely not Magus Darkstar who had dismissed him as an apprentice for being "a waste of time." Pie chuckled thinking about how far he'd come since those dark days.

While Nyxia tried on some regular outfits to replace her common clothing, Pie went to talk to the person running the shop. "Hi excuse me? Do you have a section for top shelfers?" The shopkeeper gave him a confused look so Pie stood on his tippy goblin toes and pointed to Nyxias shoulders and head that were clearly visible above even the tallest racks of clothing. "For people that are really tall? My friend wants to try some dresses. She doesn't normally wear those so I wanted to pick some that would look pretty on her, which is silly because she'll look pretty in anything but I still want to pick the best ones for her to try."

The shopkeeper nodded in understanding. "I don't have a section specifically for people that tall, but I think … a couple of the longer gowns would look normal on her frame, with just a pin or two to adjust. Come with me. We'll pick some nice ones for her to try." He followed to a rack with very long gowns, and went through a few with the seamstress. He picked out 4 , wondering If Miss Nyxia would even actually try just one.

The seamstress went with him and offered to help Nyxia. The relieved look on her face indicating she was grateful she would not have to figure out how these strange new garments work by herself. After several moments and some cursing in both common and sylvan, the door to the little changing room opened. Nyxia peeked out, her hair cascading over her shoulder. She glared at him sternly, her solid white pupiless eyes unblinking. "Don't you be making jokes at my expense or laughing, Little Green." He nodded that he understood and waited, his breath caught in anticipation.

Nyxia stepped out, having to duck to get through the door. She straightened to her full height and his breath that was caught was swallowed whole and he existed in the space between heartbeats as he took in the beautiful vision of his friend. Her hair had been pulled slightly back with a pin, taming her wild curls into an even frame around her soft blue-gray skin. She flashed a cute smile, a nervousness showing, the first time he'd ever seen that emotion on his friend. Her arms were bare, her darker blue tattoos in full view. She was wrapped in a lavender gown that hugged her torso at an angle, accentuating one shoulder more. A darker violet sash was tied on one side decoratively, drawing attention to her womanly figure in a sensual but not provocative way. The would be long skirt ended perfectly just a few inches above her ankles and swished as she moved, the noise kept drawing glances from her.

"Well? Say something nice already or I'll have to punch you." She said defensively trying to end the silence that made her more than usually aware of her appearance.

"You look lovely Miss Nyxia. Like a dream of a goddess standing here and I should try to wake up but I don't want to." The truth spills out of him before he can stop it and temper it into "we're just friends" language. She didn't seem to notice though, she was so pleased with the dress and how it looked.

Nyxia nods and says quietly to herself. "Good, I hope Alcott will be impressed."

While she examined her look, Pies heart swelled. Staring at the beautiful woman he loved with all his heart looking so pleased and confident and comfortable in her natural beauty, he felt blessed. It didn't matter that she would never return that love in any way more than friendship. All that mattered was seeing her happy. And seeing her standing there in a beautiful gown, content and pleased made him feel like getting shuffled off so Lurog could flirt with Ashla one of the most unbelievably luckiest things that had ever happened to him.

Back
Top Bottom