Staff member
Herald
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:26 PM
Pronouns
They/Them
A greeting

Hello lovely people, it's so nice to see you here! Thanks for stopping by and having a read.

A little about me and what I'm looking for.

I'm Nobilis, friendly Canadian and I like to write. I don't write as often as I'd like, but I'd like to change that! I'm warm and chatty, and like having background chats with RP partners as the story goes on. I've been RPing since the days of email and YIM, so somewhere in the neighbourhood of 30 years now.

I'm looking for a partner for a long-term, slow burn, slice of life type RP. The setting for this roleplay would be a more modern setting, in the 2020s (or equivalent in another world). This is to say, cellphones, computers, sliding doors, vending machines, and so on. The setting should be somewhat analogous to the world we live in (mostly to avoid needing to make up technology or remember dragon names).

Posting frequency is something that I would like to keep at 1-2 a week. I understand that people can be busy, and that's fine.

You can see where this goes, right? <3

Content

Generally, low stakes, occasional drama, sometimes very mild violence. I prefer to keep excessive sex out of the story and prefer a fade to black approach. Sorry, but writing smut really doesn't do anything for me. I have not really figured out the specifics of what I want to write, so I'm happy to be flexible to some degree or another so long as it doesn't involve radical changes to the character I want to play.

kitsune.jpg
Seriously. Look how adorbs my characters are!

I'm not particularly married to any given post length, and I understand that sometimes a few lines will do, and other times lengthier posts are better. In general, I would prefer a partner who is detailed and can sort of "read the room" so to speak when it comes to posts. I find nothing more deflating that putting together a nice post for a partner who then gives me one line of text with two typos in it. I'll put the effort in for you, I hope you'll do the same for me.

Talk to you soon! <3

Examples

Here are a few excerpts from things I've written to give you a sense of how I write. I hope you enjoy them.

From

"There was something truly special about the ocean, and its seemingly infinite nature. It sprawled out, as far as the eye could see, well into the horizon and surely beyond. It moved, and lived, on its own and didn't require attention and permission from anyone. It was a truly powerful force of nature that could decimate mountains and destroy empires given the right circumstances. Ecosystems formed, grew, died and were born again throughout the millions of individual animals and creatures that inhabited the great depths of he infinite blue. These facts were as old as time immemorial.

Alexis had, not once, thought about it. Instead, she marvelled at the feeling of getting wet. She lay on the beach, her body slowly, very slowly, submerging into the wet sand as the water washed over her and drew the sand back to the ocean. She had gotten used to rhythmic and soft crashes of the waves against other waves, the water collapsing on the beach and slipping up along her body to her shoulders before retreating once again from back whence it came. The infinite blue of the infinite sea. She turned her head slightly and looked at the little black and red hermit crab that skittered along the dunes, filtering through the fine white sands and collecting whatever food it could find. Her blue eyes were soft and warm, flecked with the green of sea foam but dominantly the blue of the shore. She rolled over onto her stomach, knitting her fingers together and resting her chin on them as she watched the little crab toil away."

"She opened her dark brown eyes and stared out into the night sky. Stars shone down from infinite distances across the cosmos, flickering from time to time, and she longed to be anywhere else but where she was. She wished she could be anyone else—any man, woman, or child, so long as she didn't have to keep being herself. Her right ear flicked slightly as she turned her head to look over at the two men standing nearby. One of them was lighting a pipe and she twisted her nose at the sickly sweet smell of the tobacco that burned with a soft crackle as the man inhaled. Her ear flicked again and she turned away from the men, pretending that they weren't there as she went back to looking at a sky that pretended that she wasn't there. No one cared about Harmony, why would the universe?

"Waning crescent," she said quietly to herself as she looked up and the moon. It was Annalie who had taught her the phases of the moon. Along with all the celestial houses and constellations. She had been very good at teaching Harmony; she had been very patient with her silly questions and wide-eyed and almost expressionless stares. Annalie had been Harmony's friend. Was she still? Annalie was gone. She had been sold off to a travelling carnival who had been in need of a card reader and astrologist. Now Harmony sat alone, without Annalie to tell her whether this world or that was in retrograde or rising. Little by little, the memories and the words of her friend were slipping away from her like grains of sand disappearing in an hourglass."

From

"Amelia Garland stood in the shower and felt the scalding water sting her flesh. It bit, hard—and she wanted it to. She needed it to burn away how she felt.

She felt the cold white tile under her palms as she leaned against the wall under the shower head that cascaded water down on her. She stared at the drain, and she imagined that she could see the filth being washed from her and disappearing down into the darkness of the sewers. She winced a bit as she raised her face to the spray of water, she grit her teeth for a moment and then opened her mouth, and then dropped her face again. She held the hot water in her mouth until tears ran down her face only to get lost in the cascade of the shower. She spit the water out and let out a quiet little sob of frustration as she pulled a hand from the wall and wrapped her fingers around her throat. She could still feel his fingers, pushing and squeezing against her skin. She grit her teeth, her eyes narrowing as she stared through her dark brown hair that obstructed much of her view, and she balled up her fist and punched the wall. Then she did it again and felt the sting of pain—the knuckles of her her index and middle finger cut open and bleeding.

"Fuck," she muttered under her breath as she winced. She turned the faucet to cool down the water of the shower—the feeling had broken and now all that was left was misery and blood. She felt the temperature cool and she reached out with her other hand, wiping the blood from the tile and watching the blood diffuse in the water until it just disappeared. The deep rich red falling from the fingertips of her right hand made it all the way to the drain. She watched with a sort of chill running down her spine as the blood dripped and then slowed. She shut off the faucets and reached out to the slightly dusty metal rod that held her towel. She snatched it and wrapped it around her body—she left dark crimson on the light blue towel and she started fishing through the linen closet for a small darkly coloured towel and wrapped it around her hand. She stood there, panting, her skin seared red from the heat of the water feeling the cold air wash over her."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom