A post apocalyptic adventure

Currently reading:
A post apocalyptic adventure

Local time
Today 12:11 PM
Hello interested survivors! This is my first roleplay and I'm hoping to find some people who are interested in attempting to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.

Setting: Post-apocalyptic planet. There was a nuclear war that turned most of the planet into a toxic wasteland and created giant mutants monsters(cliche I know). Survivors must scavenge, raid and work together to live. It takes place in the future so in the ruins of an advance civilization.

We could have a small cast of characters(3 or 4) who all find themselves in this wasteland and end up teaming up to survive. I have a few ideas for the plot and am open to the ideas of others. I was thinking the main plot would be our characters traveling through the wasteland and facing challenges (I have ideas for what challenges we will face but am open to ideas of others) along the way to get to a place that was not affected by the nuclear war.

The overall commitment to this story also isn't something to take super seriously. It is mainly for participants who would want to do this on the side for fun, I get busy a lot and I know other people do so this project is supposed to be very flexible. I want to keep a limit on how many people we have but if you want to drop out of the story we can always kill off your character or even if you just get bored with your character we could kill off that one so you could introduce a new one. If we need to add more people we can always pick up new survivors.

As for content, I want to keep it relatively clean; cursing, crude jokes, and mature themes are fine but I want to avoid actual smut. Two characters could form a relationship but don't have those two characters act out sexual favors in the roleplay. Violence is okay, character death is okay if one character kills another character the only thing I ask is both people agree to let it happen.

Characters: I am open to almost anything. This isn't supposed to be extremely serious so you can choose to be whatever you like, human, goblin, Kenku, anything you'd like. You just need to fill out the basic info listed.

Name:
species:
simple description:
short back story:

I was thinking we could do a mix of short one-liners for dialogue for action and character development and some longer paragraphs for storytelling. Not everyone will have to be present at all times to be the story in on the story for example; if two of the members are online and you want to go on a little mini-adventure with just you two then go for it. It is not supposed to be super organized or have tight rules. All I ask is that we get along with each other and don't do anything to anger each other in real life. There is no posting order if you are unable to roleplay for a few days that's okay once you can just catch back up with what you missed and jump back in.

What I'm looking for in potential partners.

I am someone who will talk to you outside of roleplay if you are looking for a partner who is strictly just going to be roleplay then I may not be a good choice.

I am not the best at grammar and what not so I don't care if you are not good at it all levels of writers are welcome.

This is supposed to be for people who get busy I will probably pop on to at least say hi every day but some days I will not be able to roleplay. If you want something super consistent this may not be for you.

The story itself will probably be disorganized and get confusing at some parts if you are looking for an organized strictly guided story this may not be for you.

I will be fine if people want to do one-liners or write paragraphs, just try not to go overboard if you are writing paragraphs try to keep it to maybe 3-4 paragraphs in one post. I will probably have a mix of both.

I look forward to working with people :)
~Logic

Name:
Kirsi Merith
species:
Hybrid (Human/Valkyrie)
simple description:
beer-3078427_956e2_hd.jpeg
"short" back story:
Kirsi was born into a very old and traditional family that kept to themselves in the Nordic countryside as nomads.

They believed that the old ways where the only way to go and scoffed at the growing technological advancements happening around them. During their travels Kirsi's father met and fell deeply in love with a young woman outside of his familial group which did not sit well but they believed nothing would come of it. She was apart of the military and renowned for her brute strength and impulsiveness. Due to their nomadic nature Kirsi's father was only able to stay with this woman for a short time but little did anyone expect, it was more than enough time to have fate intervene. He was sad to leave her behind but he couldn't just abandon his family, he knew nothing of her world, and so he left.

Years went by before he and his family returned. Subconsciously he hoped to meet the woman he had fallen in love with so long ago but even he thought it was unlikely that she would be waiting for him. During his stay he met a young girl who looked so much like the woman he loved but her hair was the same color as his. Honestly he found it quite cute and would pretend that he had stayed all these years and had a child with his love. The girl found him weird but liked his company so she indulged him. One day he asked where her parents were since he always saw her alone and she bluntly told him that her mother had died during childbirth and her father had left before he had even known her mother was with child. He felt bad for asking and decided to drop the subject.
A couple more days went by where he would meet the girl, treat her like his child and tell her of the woman he loved, but he knew that he would have to leave soon and wanted to know that the girl would be safe. He asked her who was taking care of her so he could meet them, wanting to make sure she was taken care of. The girl nodded and lead him to the barracks where he had once spent time with his love. He looked around, hoping to possibly catch a glimpse of her but she was nowhere to be seen. They shortly arrived at the leader of the barracks quarters and he looked at him in disbelief. He had known this man around the time he was with his love. The leader looked up at him, also taken by surprise but it slowly turned into anger.
He asked the young girl to go to her quarters so he could have a "talk" with the man she brought. Once she had left the man rose from his desk and walked over to Kirsi's father before punching him in the face. He began yelling at him, saying that he was no good and that he should have never returned. Her father was hurt and confused, he had known this man to be kind and gentle, he asked him what was going on, why he was yelling and attacking him out of nowhere, and where his love was.
The man was about to punch him again but took a deep breath and sat back down at his desk. He asked him what he thought of the girl he had been spending time with and avoided his gaze. Her father looked confused, he said she was a wonderful child but what did that have to do with any of this? The man sighed and looked him straight in the face before telling him that his love was dead and that girl was their child. He looked at him in disbelief, the girl he had pretending was his actually was and the woman he loved, the mother the girl had talked about, was really gone.
He crumpled onto the floor in shock. What should he do? Would his family except her? Would she except him? Just as he was about to completely shut down he felt a hand on his shoulder. The barracks leader was looking down at him, trying his best to be comforting. He told him that he could stay here and raise the girl or he could take her with him and have her surrounded by her real family, it was his choice.
He found himself standing outside of the barracks looking at his families camp as they were packing, getting ready to move on. He felt a small tug on his pant leg and looked down to see Kirsi with what little belongings she had. She looked as calm as ever and that calmed his nerves, even if his family wouldn't except her as one of them he would do anything for her and that was that.
As the years went by and Kirsi got older she became stronger and learned the old ways of her people. Not all of her family ever really excepted her but they ones who did made up for it with their love and teachings. She quickly became skilled in hand to hand combat as well as horseback and thought that this is how life should be. Peaceful, free, and with love. Sadly that all changed when the world fell apart.
All she can remember were the screams as she awoke from a deep sleep. The world around her had fallen into chaos around her in a matter of moments, her family was being attacked by strange creatures who had already killed off over half of the family. Kirsi tried fight them off but by the time they had retreated the damage was done. All of her family was either dead or on death's door. Her father had been one of the ones who tried to fight but was beheaded from behind. She tried to care for the injured but not knowing how to care for them they all succumbed to their wounds. She spent the next couple days burying the bodies and fighting whatever creatures dared come across her.
Since then she has been wandering the wastes and trying to survive, haunted by her families screams. Her journey has brought her across oceans, joining multiple groups that never lasted long, searching for a safe haven to call home.

Extra:
During the attack on her family she managed to save her horse which since has never left her side and she considers to be her only family left.
3394029-DWZDTMWN-7.jpg
She also has a few family weapons that she is proficient in wielding: Her sword and knife, her father's bow, her uncle's ax, and her grandmother's spear (although she mainly just uses it for fishing and hunting). She also has a shield that was given to her before she left the barracks as a child that belonged to her mother.

Name: Flare Eugene
species: Human
simple description: He's a blonde haired and brown eyes cowboy with pale skin and freckles. He was cursed with shortness and only lean muscle which causes him to be a spitfire and short tempered.
short back story: Before the disaster, he lived with his family on thier ranch and wished to marry the love of his life soon enough. However, the disaster happened and all this was lost. Now he wanders the lands in a vengeful rage, wanting to blow the brains out of whatever creatures he can find.

@illogical_Logic

I honestly don't know if the owner of the thread is still coming online, they haven't been on since the 6th but the format is:

Name:
species:
simple description:
short back story:

I added an "Extra" section to mine but you don't have to. I just don't know when the owner will return.

Back
Top Bottom