A Stowaway Appears!

Currently reading:
A Stowaway Appears!

Helsues

Lord Serf
Local time
Tomorrow 12:45 AM
Greetings and Salutations! I'm Helsues but feel free to call me Hels, props if you can figure out something better though, if you're into anagrams I can dig that!

Creative writing has been a hobby of mine for a long time, I used to do a lot of play-by-post RP and absolutely love the format. I've been writing solo for the past couple of years but
NO MORE! I'm keen to get back into some RP and Writers Sanctum seems like a good place to shake the rust off the old sea legs. :cool:

I'm a 24yo Aussie bloke and do labour work, in my down time I love listening to music, seeing what's going on around the world, writing and playing video games. I'm an animal person and really enjoy philosophy and mathematics, currently working on pursuing a career in engineering.

I prefer doing long posts that are four - five paragraphs minimum. World building and planning are an important part of finding a great RP to me, so I prefer to flesh out details with my writing partners and bounce concepts around where it's warranted. Cosmic-/Horror, Psychological, Fantasy, Magic, Supernatural, Dystopian, Post-/Pre-/Apoc, Sci-Fi(Esp. Mecha, Space Pilot) and Slice of Life; Preferred genre choices.

Thanks for reading my intro, hope to see you around the forum!

:Beer:Cheers!:Beer:

Last edited:
Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!

Many welcomes.

Greetings, from what I affectionately term as 'the madhouse'.
Hopefully you will be able to find a space to call your own here. There are many writers ranging from enthusiastic first timers, to those who do it for a living. All genres and creations are welcome, although you will probably find that most here lean towards the darker aspects of their chosen genre. That's not to say there is no fluff, just that you might find it has razor blades in it.;)

New request threads are popping up all the time so its worth checking the first couple of pages, if your not finding quite what you want...or putting up your own of course.

Any problems hit up our lovely staff, that's what they are here for. More generalised queries try popping into chat, there is usually a long term resident lurking who will help if they can or point you in the right direction.

Looking forward to seeing you around.
All the best.
Nyx.

P.s Some of my best RP partners have been Aussie's so I will be snooping on your request thread with interest. :D

Thank you both for the welcomes!

I look forward to establishing myself here with time, but it's kind of exciting to hear that things tend towards to darker side of their genres, I'm a huge fan of exploring crazy nihilistic endings and events. I've written as both masochistic and sadistic characters too, depending on the setting I think they're really fun... So I'm looking forward to the fluffy razorblades, haha.

Thanks for the advice Nyx! I hope I don't let the ol' green and gold down! :cool:

I see cosmic horror as a psychological horror with a lot more emphasis on sanity. The stories and plots deal more with characters facing powers and beings they can't even begin to understand or sometimes comprehend properly, that shows a lot in the posts and their development. It's a genre inspired by HP Lovecraft and the stories surround the Cuthulu mythos.

Cheers!
Welcome to crew! Glad to have you aboard. I get this feeling if anyone is going to write the next Event Horizon movie, it's going to be you.

Thanks for the Welcomes!

Hahah I'll get started on the script Griffen, if I do well my future 'Celestial Horror' typos won't be typos anymore!

Robbie, I'll have to start sprinkling the words "mate" and "g'day" into my posts to keep the theme running. :D

Back
Top Bottom