Challenge Submission About the Darkness

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission About the Darkness

maimai9197

Knight
Local time
Today 7:45 AM
One by one, they were taken into the darkness.

The darkness is my home, this is where I lurk.

I love the way time ceases to exist here in the endless darkness- it's almost comforting. It's safe here...for me.

Never for them.

I don't really understand why they come to me. They're all aware of the fates of those before them, why should they be any different? They come so boldly too, as if courage might be the thing to save them. Rather foolish if you ask me.

They taste sweet with fear. The moment their feeble minds realize that their time on this earth has come to a tragic end is by far the most delicious of treats. Their screams are a wonderful symphony of all that I embody. True, paralyzing dread.

I continue to take, take, take because that is all I was designed for really. The fear I give is just...a momentary parting gift. I don't really have a desire to give much of anything. I just want them and the sustenance they provide me.

Some are not so foolish to enter here and those are the ones I wish to take the most. I wish to watch them realize the moment they've stepped too far. I want to see the hope and light vanish from their eyes as their fate seals in my grasp. Unfortunately, they know better than to enter my arms. They warn others of me and that is a bit of an annoyance. It doesn't matter. I always, somehow, get what I want.

One by one, they're taken into the darkness.

There I will wait for them.

There, the darkness wins.

Back
Top Bottom