World Adela Blackwater- Pirate Princess

Currently reading:
World Adela Blackwater- Pirate Princess

Mari

Knight
Local time
Today 12:50 PM
World back-story:
This was a time when the world was divided by the land versus the sea. Pirates conquered ports with their flags parading above their heads in an extravagant show of pride. Kings twisted jewels between their fingers as they taxed every cost of living, their thrill hidden beneath solid soil.

Yet for all their differences, sea scavengers and decorated kings shared two common interests: gold and glory. As life would have it, some succeeded in these ventures and some did not.

One particular pirate was extremely successful, a legend above the rest. Cornelius Blackwater. Born as Cornelius Derrington, he was a rather well-off fellow from a respected family. Perhaps he might have been a king had his cut throat tendencies veered him to keep his feet firmly planted on the ground. Yet at the impressionable age of sixteen he found himself gambling in one of the local pubs against a particularly popular set of pirates. The hows or whys of this gambling mess are unknown but the outcome of it is what truly matters. By the rise of dawn, Cornelius had traded the hum of the countryside for the rushing waves and brandished a new name for himself: Blackwater. He set sail straight for Spain on the boat and crew he had won himself and never turned back.

His feats are admirable, from his numerous treasure hunts through exotic lands to his expert swordsmanship. Blackwater was a name to be feared, respected and envied. His crew was as formidable as the captain himself and loyal to a fault. At the ripe age of twenty-one, Blackwater was dubbed by many as the Pirate King. There was no one, on land or sea, who could stop his various conquests.

Of course, the Pirate King was only human. There were mistakes to come and he found himself falling prey to the strength of certain emotions. Yet none of these factors would tarnish his reputation. Not even the whispers that he had fathered a daughter, or that the daughter itself was conceived with a siren. What might make another man seem weak only made Blackwater all the more fearsome. After all, there was no other man who might be worthy of winning the affections of such an intimidating species, much less survive to tell the tale, if he were to incline towards such gossip.

As the years passed on, pirates became complacent as the treasures seemed to spread themselves thin. It appeared as though the days of incredible adventures seeking rare treasures were long gone. That is, until the Pirate King himself issued a proclamation of sorts.

For a man who spent the better part of his years abandoning the life of nobility, he had embraced his title fully if not without the influence of being a land dweller slipping through now and again. It turns out politics play a fair game on the sea just as much as they do on land. Just as the pirates around him appeared to be getting restless, itching for a rebellion, he had just the trick up his sleeve.

Messengers were sent out to all pirates alike, whether their ships were big or small. Everyone was to hear this message for it might change the game of piracy.

The message read as such:

Fellow pirates. For a long time I have sat comfortably and watched the fading glory of our kind as we sit behind taverns and drink our losses away. We no longer conquer the seas because it appears as though there is nothing left to conquer. Fortunately, this is a rare occasion when being wrong could bring so much reward, but only to the deserving soul. I spent countless years sailing across the seven seas collecting the finest treasures, some not displaying their true worth until the opportune moment. One particular treasure in mind has called out to me recently.

As you know, I have been your 'Pirate King' for quite some time. Back then I was a strapping young lad with a head full of stars. However, aging on the sea does something to a man. The calmness of the waves forces you to acknowledge the passing times and with that, the passing of a legacy.

As many of you know, there were rumors circulating regarding whether or not I had a child, a daughter to be specific. I can now finally confirm that she does indeed exist. Her name is Adela Blackwater and I have claimed her as my heir. I'm sure some of you may ask, how is this of any importance? What does one small girl matter to me?

Oh, she matters very much.

I'm sure many of you have also heard the ancient tales of El Dorado, the lost city of gold. The map was thought to be lost among the forgotten shipwrecks beneath the castle of Spain. Others thought it was a ruse to trick poor men into gambling more.

Well, I found it. And now, I want to share an adventure with you.

The map is with my daughter. There is only one copy so guard it well or you might find death closer than you think. The lucky bloke to find her and set their sails towards El Dorado will only know the truth of my legacy. Share the profit and you might just find yourself becoming the next Pirate King.

It seems a simple enough task, but I can assure you, not everything is as it seems

Character information:

Full name- Adela Blackwater
Alias- Dahlia Reeve
Gender- Female
Age- 21
Species- Half human/half siren
Crew/Allegiance- Blackwater family name; Hellen (her ship)
Sexual orientation- Bisexual
Family- Cornelius Blackwater (father; alive) | Hellen (mother; unknown)
Height (estimated)- 5'4"
Weight (estimated)- 135 lbs
Physical appearance- Pale straight, blonde hair; tan skin; blue-gray eyes. Overall petite frame but well-toned from years of training via the Pirate King. Full lips compliment a fairly delicate face. Her arms, collarbone and the upper parts of her back are littered in constellations and landmarks, creating the resemblance of a map. She typically wears more extravagant pirate gear that hugs close to her body in various tones, always accented with gold. Under her alias, Adela sports a simple hat to keep her blonde hair at bay and large circular frame, opting for baggier clothing.
Personality- Quite flirtatious and confident, she's got the bark to match the bite. She's spent years training under her father both physically and mentally, so she knows what she's doing. She's sharp-tongued and relatively open-minded. For all her brashness that can come across as cruelty, Adela is actually quite compassionate and is willing to assist those in need. She's not quick to anger nor is she impatient. She's willing to take the time to do things right (or her way) and see someone else squirm.
Weapon of choice- Sword
Abilities- Excellent skills in physical combat, especially with a sword.
The ability to put people in a trance through singing/humming, commanding them to do as she pleases
Sensing people's emotions/wants
Breathing underwater (all senses are heightened once she comes into contact with the ocean)
Swimming at exceptional speeds
Likes- Flirting, spicy foods, proving people wrong, fashion, braiding hair and fighting (physically or mentally)
Dislikes- Being told "no", being underestimated, abusers, ale, disorganization/dirt (she's kind of a neat freak)
Primary goal- To prove herself worthy of taking her father's title as the "Pirate Queen" and finding the lost city of Atlantis

Link to currently standing rp with no reply: https://writerssanctum.com/threads/daughter-of-a-pirate-king.15926/
(If you would still like to interact with my character, pm me and we can determine a plot. Typically shoot for a 70-30 plot-smut ratio.)

Back
Top Bottom