- Local time
- Today 7:20 PM
- Messages
- 163
- Age
- 42
“Welcome back to my humble abode feel free to take a look around.”
For some reason, as soon as I started this welcome, that was the quote that popped into my head. Oh, my teenage years, it’s been a hot minute for sure. If you really know where that quote is from, like from the heart, you get a free cookie. You are of my people for sure. I’ll keep posting these quotes, maybe it will jog a memory of one of you.
Regardless, welcome to this rambling mess that will be a thread request. I truly am humbled that you found your way here and I hope you take all the time you need to unravel it.
So, a bit about me, look to the right (if you’re on browser, no joy for phone users), now back at me, look right again, you saw it right. I’m an old sack of bones, but I do enjoy collaborative writing. So, after a ridiculous hiatus, I’ve made my return. Is it a return to glory or infamy? Hard to say, both are possible. I’ll get this out of the way; English is not my native tongue and that sometimes rears its ugly head. If something feels off, it was probably me. Sorry. With that out of the way, what am I looking for? I’m so glad you asked.
“Pardon me if that was just your way of trying the door for me.”
I want to build stories, I know that’s a very broad term, but I really do. I start with an idea and as we build that initial setting, figure out where we want to end, then plot our way toward it. Make it make sense, is what I think I’m getting at, so that both of us are invested in the story as it progresses.
I love plotting, and I’ll plot for days if I’m getting back as much as I’m putting out. When something has me excited, I want one of two things, either to plot to my heart’s content, or start writing because it’s clear to us, where we want to go. If my partner is not giving off a similar energy, it’s hard to stay invested, and we all know attention span is in the gutter these days, I’m guilty of moving on to the next shiny thing if I’m not hooked on something, and studies say I’m not alone. So yeah! Excitement, plotting, stories. Let’s do it!
“I make my own luck.”
I have some ideas, and when I don’t have ideas, I’ll make them out of thin air if I’m given enough time. Sometimes I need a word, some brainstorming, a shower and I’ll pluck something for us. Right now, I have a couple of ideas.
Journey to Aylon (Sci-fi, MxF) – So, in the year far, far away from now, in a different reality, mankind along with many different civilizations have conquered most of the known universe (I don’t have a precise detail here, what’s the known universe that is). Humans, Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs, Trolls and Animal Races (like catfolk), exist and science mostly dominates the laws in which the world abides by. There’s a catch though. A Planet that mostly out of reach due to a massive magnetic asteroid barrier, on occasion little shards are sent away, drifting in space, these shards are then harvested and used in what is called Sci-Sorcery applications. Like magic bullets to shoot fireballs out of special guns. However, someone posed a question? If we can make magic bullets, why can’t we just use magic? Following the bread crumb of clues, all answers lay hidden in Aylon, deep in pirate territory. They set out to find out the truth and to journey through that dangerous zone, they hire the crew of a smuggling vessel. What follows should be an action-packed adventure, with a menacing villain and the highs and lows that the crew experiences. While this is mostly MxF, I can manage most of the crew as side characters, but help is always appreciated (they are a fun bunch, I promise).
Rest Will Have to Come Another Day (Supernatural/Mystery, MxF) – An unsuspecting letter, a murder mystery in a college on remote location. Multiple deaths, no police investigation, no news coverage, no one remembers the dead. Sounds impossible? The professor detective also thinks it’s impossible, but curious, he travels to the location to fill in a position at the college, but with the ulterior motive to find out the mystery behind these supposed killings. The professor makes a crucial mistake and ends up dead, but as the last breath is drawn the professor finds himself back on the first day lecturing. Whas it a dream? He’s not alone in this confusion, someone else is equally confused. It’s like time had rewound. It had. That’s the gist of it, for some reason or another, the two brave characters of this story go back in time should they die. At first, they become suspicious of one another but eventually form a team to put a stop to the killings, solve the mystery and catch who or whatever is behind this. May or may not feature graphical violence, if it fits the mood and everyone is on board.
Bonus Plot If Only we Could Live Forever (Romance/Supernatural, MxF) – He’s a Librarian in his thirties; she’s an overachiever in her 20’s. She’s been invited to a college of prestige but over the last year, her home has been the library. The two share feelings, despite the age gap, but none ever says it out loud. Now, as life threatens to tear them apart, what feels like forever, these feelings start bubbling to the top. Things are not as simple as they seem. The librarian has a secret, one that stops him on his tracks, as much as he wished it to be different. He’s part of a secret organization of magic users and they use this knowledge to live forever, despite his body, his soul has seen many autumn leaves fall. Will love conquer all or will the two end up apart despite the deep feelings? I see this as something short, I’m looking for a bit of drama and awe. It could turn out longer, a slow burn even. Depends on how we plot it.
Special bonus plot/pairing (MxF) – Something to do with these quotes. If you have a plot, no matter how silly, I at least want to hear it.
“I'm afraid you've been mistaken. I only play for sport.”
It’s about time to wrap it up. I can get lengthy on story openers, but I usually keep things at a 2-3 paragraph length, unless we’re moving up scenes and shaking things up. I also try to be considerate of my fellow writer, if they shower me with a great post, it’s hard not to try and address all the little details as well.
When it comes to the ratio between story and erotica, well it’s very one sided at this point in my life. Our characters can fall in love, hug and kiss, but whenever a piece of clothing leaves the body, I’m calling lights out.
Violence is pretty much up for debate. I don’t like writing gore for the sake of writing gore, I think if the shock value enhances the scene, it has a place. However, even if that’s the case, that does not mean someone that wants to collaborate sees things that way, so it’s a discussion, for sure.
As I already stated, I’m not a native English speaker, so I don’t ask for wordsmiths. Basic English written dominance is all I ask. Don’t write a single line to my opener, try to at least give me something I can reply to. Things can always be discussed, if there’s a problem with my writing, please say it. If your day is not going well and you can’t focus on the RP, no issue, I’ll lend you an ear. What to just chat all day and forget about the story, I’m there. However, if a week has gone by of dead air silence, I assume you’ve lost interest, and at that point I might have lost interest myself, so we cut out losses. Let’s aim for at least a post per week, that’s my commitment as well. If for some reason that won’t be the case, we chat. Simple?
Everything we do here, we do for fun, collaborative writing is indeed about collaboration. That’s why I value chatting alongside the RP. Sometimes you think you’re going to end somewhere but along the way there may be an even better idea that gets us both fired up, so we take a sharp left and ditch the extra luggage. For what it’s worth, I hope you nodded to a few things here, and if that’s the case then my PM’s are just a click away. For now…
“Don’t you think you’ve seen enough?”
For some reason, as soon as I started this welcome, that was the quote that popped into my head. Oh, my teenage years, it’s been a hot minute for sure. If you really know where that quote is from, like from the heart, you get a free cookie. You are of my people for sure. I’ll keep posting these quotes, maybe it will jog a memory of one of you.
Regardless, welcome to this rambling mess that will be a thread request. I truly am humbled that you found your way here and I hope you take all the time you need to unravel it.
So, a bit about me, look to the right (if you’re on browser, no joy for phone users), now back at me, look right again, you saw it right. I’m an old sack of bones, but I do enjoy collaborative writing. So, after a ridiculous hiatus, I’ve made my return. Is it a return to glory or infamy? Hard to say, both are possible. I’ll get this out of the way; English is not my native tongue and that sometimes rears its ugly head. If something feels off, it was probably me. Sorry. With that out of the way, what am I looking for? I’m so glad you asked.
“Pardon me if that was just your way of trying the door for me.”
I want to build stories, I know that’s a very broad term, but I really do. I start with an idea and as we build that initial setting, figure out where we want to end, then plot our way toward it. Make it make sense, is what I think I’m getting at, so that both of us are invested in the story as it progresses.
I love plotting, and I’ll plot for days if I’m getting back as much as I’m putting out. When something has me excited, I want one of two things, either to plot to my heart’s content, or start writing because it’s clear to us, where we want to go. If my partner is not giving off a similar energy, it’s hard to stay invested, and we all know attention span is in the gutter these days, I’m guilty of moving on to the next shiny thing if I’m not hooked on something, and studies say I’m not alone. So yeah! Excitement, plotting, stories. Let’s do it!
“I make my own luck.”
I have some ideas, and when I don’t have ideas, I’ll make them out of thin air if I’m given enough time. Sometimes I need a word, some brainstorming, a shower and I’ll pluck something for us. Right now, I have a couple of ideas.
Journey to Aylon (Sci-fi, MxF) – So, in the year far, far away from now, in a different reality, mankind along with many different civilizations have conquered most of the known universe (I don’t have a precise detail here, what’s the known universe that is). Humans, Elves, Dwarfs, Orcs, Trolls and Animal Races (like catfolk), exist and science mostly dominates the laws in which the world abides by. There’s a catch though. A Planet that mostly out of reach due to a massive magnetic asteroid barrier, on occasion little shards are sent away, drifting in space, these shards are then harvested and used in what is called Sci-Sorcery applications. Like magic bullets to shoot fireballs out of special guns. However, someone posed a question? If we can make magic bullets, why can’t we just use magic? Following the bread crumb of clues, all answers lay hidden in Aylon, deep in pirate territory. They set out to find out the truth and to journey through that dangerous zone, they hire the crew of a smuggling vessel. What follows should be an action-packed adventure, with a menacing villain and the highs and lows that the crew experiences. While this is mostly MxF, I can manage most of the crew as side characters, but help is always appreciated (they are a fun bunch, I promise).
Rest Will Have to Come Another Day (Supernatural/Mystery, MxF) – An unsuspecting letter, a murder mystery in a college on remote location. Multiple deaths, no police investigation, no news coverage, no one remembers the dead. Sounds impossible? The professor detective also thinks it’s impossible, but curious, he travels to the location to fill in a position at the college, but with the ulterior motive to find out the mystery behind these supposed killings. The professor makes a crucial mistake and ends up dead, but as the last breath is drawn the professor finds himself back on the first day lecturing. Whas it a dream? He’s not alone in this confusion, someone else is equally confused. It’s like time had rewound. It had. That’s the gist of it, for some reason or another, the two brave characters of this story go back in time should they die. At first, they become suspicious of one another but eventually form a team to put a stop to the killings, solve the mystery and catch who or whatever is behind this. May or may not feature graphical violence, if it fits the mood and everyone is on board.
Bonus Plot If Only we Could Live Forever (Romance/Supernatural, MxF) – He’s a Librarian in his thirties; she’s an overachiever in her 20’s. She’s been invited to a college of prestige but over the last year, her home has been the library. The two share feelings, despite the age gap, but none ever says it out loud. Now, as life threatens to tear them apart, what feels like forever, these feelings start bubbling to the top. Things are not as simple as they seem. The librarian has a secret, one that stops him on his tracks, as much as he wished it to be different. He’s part of a secret organization of magic users and they use this knowledge to live forever, despite his body, his soul has seen many autumn leaves fall. Will love conquer all or will the two end up apart despite the deep feelings? I see this as something short, I’m looking for a bit of drama and awe. It could turn out longer, a slow burn even. Depends on how we plot it.
Special bonus plot/pairing (MxF) – Something to do with these quotes. If you have a plot, no matter how silly, I at least want to hear it.
“I'm afraid you've been mistaken. I only play for sport.”
It’s about time to wrap it up. I can get lengthy on story openers, but I usually keep things at a 2-3 paragraph length, unless we’re moving up scenes and shaking things up. I also try to be considerate of my fellow writer, if they shower me with a great post, it’s hard not to try and address all the little details as well.
When it comes to the ratio between story and erotica, well it’s very one sided at this point in my life. Our characters can fall in love, hug and kiss, but whenever a piece of clothing leaves the body, I’m calling lights out.
Violence is pretty much up for debate. I don’t like writing gore for the sake of writing gore, I think if the shock value enhances the scene, it has a place. However, even if that’s the case, that does not mean someone that wants to collaborate sees things that way, so it’s a discussion, for sure.
As I already stated, I’m not a native English speaker, so I don’t ask for wordsmiths. Basic English written dominance is all I ask. Don’t write a single line to my opener, try to at least give me something I can reply to. Things can always be discussed, if there’s a problem with my writing, please say it. If your day is not going well and you can’t focus on the RP, no issue, I’ll lend you an ear. What to just chat all day and forget about the story, I’m there. However, if a week has gone by of dead air silence, I assume you’ve lost interest, and at that point I might have lost interest myself, so we cut out losses. Let’s aim for at least a post per week, that’s my commitment as well. If for some reason that won’t be the case, we chat. Simple?
Everything we do here, we do for fun, collaborative writing is indeed about collaboration. That’s why I value chatting alongside the RP. Sometimes you think you’re going to end somewhere but along the way there may be an even better idea that gets us both fired up, so we take a sharp left and ditch the extra luggage. For what it’s worth, I hope you nodded to a few things here, and if that’s the case then my PM’s are just a click away. For now…
“Don’t you think you’ve seen enough?”

