Challenge Submission An Eternal Love, An Eternal Nightmare

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission An Eternal Love, An Eternal Nightmare

Sarokhor

Baron
Local time
Today 2:05 PM
An Eternal Love, an Eternal Nightmare:

My breaths settled slowly as I stilled my trembling body. My damp hair covered my face as the tears slowed to a standstill. My eyes reddened from sobs looked around my modest apartment and the mess I had made just moments ago in my agony. The modest tv sported a labyrinthian spider web of cracks in the screen from where my favorite coffee mug had struck it, the pieces of the snoopy mug were scattered across the wood floor nearly too numerous to count. Nearly every wall had some sort of damage from various objects colliding with it. The flowers my love had given me weeks ago lay across the floor, the beautiful floral vase having shattered upon the floor when I had thrown it. All of this a result of a large temper tantrum unbefitting a strong woman such as I, but well deserved considering my whole world was undone in a single moment. He was everything to me and now, our life together was uprooted. The peaceful existence we had with each other was shattered apart from a single afternoon, a single mistake.

I brought my palms to my eyes and remembered how we had met. A warm and bright morning usually filled by the groggy and bored eyes of my students was lit up even further by his face, filled with wonder and excitement from his first day in college. He was unblemished by the jaded and numbing realities of life, untainted by the corruption of the rampant hormones and the rebellious streak of the other students. He was my perfect angel, my light in the dirty sludge of college and the working world alike. I remembered how our love had started to blossom, a single kind gesture sparked by his curiosity and desire to learn.

It had started as a personal request for assistance in my class yet after talking my Lucas had offered to show me around the city since I was new to this place. I remembered then how as time went on and I taught him more and more after class that we would head out to local tourist attractions, diners, cafes, shopping malls, beaches, and more. I recalled every detail of his warm embrace and his soft lips when I finally confessed to him and our illicit relationship became solidified. I recalled how his breath caught in his chest when we made love, how our bodies had pressed together again and again until we had lost ourselves in our passions.

I noticed one of the only untouched framed pictures that still remained on the kitchen counter. A picture of my arms slung around his bare chest as I hugged him from behind at the beach. I took the frame into my hands and turned to look at Lucas as he sat against the wall at the end of the hallway next to the kitchen. I stood in front of him for a moment before I kneeled in front of him and showed him the picture as my tears picked back up. "We were so happy here Lucas… How did it come to this?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gasped for air harshly as the pain in my chest and stomach screamed. My hazy vision from the pain almost couldn't register what Yagura was talking about. The gaping wounds from where the two bullets had tumbled through my chest and stomach wouldn't stop bleeding. I focused my eyes and saw the picture my unrelenting and unsought self-proclaimed lover was presenting before my gaze. I saw my past self looking incredibly uncomfortable as the beautiful older woman hung on me with a beautiful happy smile on her face. I coughed roughly, bringing further agony to my body and dirtying the picture with blood as I managed to speak. Hisses of pain interrupting me occasionally

"Y-Yagura… I don't love you! You kept pushing yourself on me! You kidnapped me and chained me up in your home for christ's sake! You drugged me and forced yourself on me! Y-you had to know that I would call for help or that someone would figure out that I was missing…"

My eyes looked over to the apartment door that had been busted in, the wood fragments littering the floor and the bodies of the police that had raided the place. Their blood had pooled under them and was splattered along the walls along with the bullet holes. The walls were further damaged from his lover's violent smashing of the officers against them. I recalled the unreal events that unfolded less than 15 minutes ago. The wide and insane eyes of Yagura as she lunged at the officers after they bashed in the door and raided the apartment. Their SWAT armor and weaponry did not seem to be effective in the least in protecting them or harming Yagura. Despite being shot multiple times she didn't once flinch or falter as she slammed the men around like ragdolls, snapping limbs and bludgeoning the men with her bare hands and knees. My eyes settled on one officer that had been the victim of Yagura crushing his helmet and his skull in, completely destroying both of them.

Even now while I suffered from the stray bullets that had struck my body I was more afraid of the young woman who stared at me with those empty violet eyes while her body leaked blood right in front of me. Her hands were caked in the sticky red fluids and insides of those she had murdered. Her silky black hair was matted and messy from the men who had attempted to fend her off with their hands when she had gotten close enough to rip them apart. My dry mouth finally managed to choke out what my mind was afraid to know the answer to… "W-What are you…?"

Yagura smiled happily as she wiped the tears from her eyes. She leaned in and hugged me against my will, my body having no strength to resist her. Her lips pressed to my ears as she whispered to me sadly. "I am your soulmate Lucas. I know you're scared and delirious from those bad men. You can't even remember how genuine our love for one another was. But that's ok, after all… I will always be yours and you will always be mine forever and ever… Nothing can stop that… I promise..."

I was frustrated by the lack of answers but my eyes were heavy and I couldn't feel much of anything anymore. I felt a surge of panic as I knew I was dying, still trapped in her arms and never to see my family or friends ever again. Yet at least the torment was over. I would never have to suffer through the horrible things that Yagura liked to put me through, or the painfully overwhelming and hours of pleasure that she forced upon my helpless body. I would not have to deal with the forced dates in her apartment or being drugged to compliance for a public one. I felt a sense of relief as I lost my grasp on life and faded into the blackness of death, free of the hell that my life had become.

The endless abyss was not what I imagined death would be though I was content with the peace and quiet for now at least. As I got used to the feeling of nothingness I was jarred by a sweet voice echoing around the space I was floating in.

"Lucas, I love you dear. You thought we were over? No my love. This is only the beginning of our eternity together. Our true relationship begins now… I can feel all of you and you will feel all of me from this moment forward"

My eyes shot open to the macabre scene in the apartment and I felt Yagura lean in and press her lips to mine. I could feel everything tenfold. The pain of my wounds as they healed slowly yet unnaturally, the stillness in my chest as my heart remained inert, and the hollow feeling of part of my soul having left my body to join with Yagura's twisted vessel. My fate now enslaved to whatever sort of witch or creature the woman truly was. I knew that this was the beginning of our unnatural, unwanted love. Now that I was a cursed creature like her, I could not escape this eternal love... this eternal nightmare

Back
Top Bottom