An Introduction (Edmund Lester / Steve)

Currently reading:
An Introduction (Edmund Lester / Steve)

Local time
Today 3:55 PM
Hi,

I thought it about time I register for this site and maybe mention a few things about myself.

I am an ex-role player. I played a lot of games like Dungeons and Dragons, Runequest, Traveller and the like back in the late 70s and through the 80s into the 90s. I carried on playing until most of the people I knew who played drifted away either geographically or terms of their tastes in gaming - I have never been a table top game player or into games like Warhammer - sorry.

These days, apart from old, I am still an addict when it comes to sf and fantasy although my interest focusses mainly in books. I collect them in a serious way. And it's books which will explain the two names I put at the top of this post.

My given name is Steve. However when I write I write as Edmund Lester or I.E. Lester. I started writing about ten/twelve years ago and was active for several years writing short stories, articles and review columns, mostly for American magazines that are long out of print.

I went on a writing hiatus for five years running my own business but as it stopped being fun to do so (hard work running a business) I sold up and went back to writing, this time focusing on longer forms - novels and novellas.

I will say I am not likely to be the most frequent of posters here. The free time I do have I intend to keep on with my writing but I will not be entirely absent. And hopefully I can connect with a few more hopeless dreamers - maybe one day we will all be vying for the number one position on the best sellers list and we can take back the book charts from (non-)celebrity biographies.

Steve

Of course we'll take the top charts back! Believing is half the work done.

Welcome to the Sanctum once again.

Welcome to the site! I hope you find something that sparks your imagination here :)

Welcome to the Sanctum man. Hopefully, you can get settled in nicely and pump out some good stories.

Dreamers unite! And write.

I quite look forward to seeing you writing around the site, infrequent as it may be, Lester. :)

Hi,

I thought it about time I register for this site and maybe mention a few things about myself.

I am an ex-role player. I played a lot of games like Dungeons and Dragons, Runequest, Traveller and the like back in the late 70s and through the 80s into the 90s. I carried on playing until most of the people I knew who played drifted away either geographically or terms of their tastes in gaming - I have never been a table top game player or into games like Warhammer - sorry.

These days, apart from old, I am still an addict when it comes to sf and fantasy although my interest focusses mainly in books. I collect them in a serious way. And it's books which will explain the two names I put at the top of this post.

My given name is Steve. However, when I write I write as Edmund Lester or I.E. Lester. I started writing about ten/twelve years ago and was active for several years writing short stories, articles and review columns, mostly for American magazines that are long out of print.

I went on a writing hiatus for five years running my own business but as it stopped being fun to do so (hard work running a business) I sold up and went back to writing, this time focusing on longer forms - novels and novellas.

I will say I am not likely to be the most frequent of posters here. The free time I do have I intend to keep on with my writing but I will not be entirely absent. And hopefully I can connect with a few more hopeless dreamers - maybe one day we will all be vying for the number one position on the best sellers list and we can take back the book charts from (non-)celebrity biographies.

Steve

Good Evening Steve (Lester)

You are the male version of me, I am Old and an old gamer. I still miss DnD and my kids hate playing with me because I know all the rules and spells etc. I went on Hiatus when I became a mom and on top of that I ran my own business, volunteered and was a full-time shift nurse so Yahoo 360 turned into these nifty new sites. (I need a GPS at the moment but I am getting by) I also write everything from songs, children's books and erotica. I have also been roped into writing more wedding vows and eulogies than I am comfortable admitting.

We may be long of the tooth here but I think we can teach these whippersnappers a thing or two yet!

Have a terrific night and give a wave if you see me on.

~Silk

Why thank you, kind sir!

Who says we are on the wrong side of 40? I think you can accomplish so much more with our life lessons and we can say been there done that and we are old enough to get away with the answer "Because I told you so that is why!" what more do we need besides earlier bedtime, extra collagen, and a wee bit more fiber. We are at our prime, almost to the point of living our own lives as we want. Okay so maybe I am an optimist or smarty pants but all in all, I like my age. At least those days my aches and pains are gone I still feel like a teenie bopper.

Anyway, stay in touch, I may need someone to commiserate at times or to translate words that were not invented pre-90s.

Hugs and take care

~Silk

Back
Top Bottom