Angels and Demons (and Humans) - any interest? any ideas?

Currently reading:
Angels and Demons (and Humans) - any interest? any ideas?

JJJSmith

sacrificial anode
Local time
Today 9:24 AM
In a 'realistic' slice of life (sort of) modern day setting - each person has a guardian angel, AND a demon who isn't a "guardian" but is assigned to that person to do what demons do - whisper naughty ideas into their ears, encourage them to sin, etc. The people won't know of the very personalized presence of these other two entities.

Each player plays three roles: a human, a guardian angel (for another player's human), and a demon for yet another player's human character. As they go through the day, the angel and demon battle it out (not necessarily in a physical fight) for the influence over their assigned human's thoughts and actions.

Too complex and doomed to fail? Maybe - that's why I'm not charging admission - so you have nothing to lose.

--

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I think I'm sort of picturing the human characters as playing couples - ideally married couples. There will be sexual temptations of course, but I'm not looking for a big smutfest orgy - just regular people dealing with sin and the temptation to sin, and maybe dealing with their partner's sins, while the angels and demons are working to influence them.

That's a really neat idea that is doomed on a forum I'm afraid. One person drops out and three characters are screwed.

The Tabletop RPG Wraith did something similar. Players played their ghost and another player's shadow, the representation of the ghost's darkest, most self destructive desires.

It is a pretty interesting concept but yeah I agree it would be difficult to execute if anyone drops. Although if you had enough people you could just have people play their respective characters instead of having to play three specific characters but getting that many people would also be difficult.

A neat idea doomed to failure. Sort of like so many other things I've tried in life, eh?

Thanks to both of you for the feedback. I had to give it a shot, though. It just seems like it could be so much fun.

I think it would be fun as well, just really risky to get stuck if someone drops. I would say it doesn't hurt to put the idea out there and just see how many people you can find who are also interested in it to determine if it would work or not.

If this ever gets started up (with plenty of players of course), I'd love to join!

Back
Top Bottom