Challenge Submission Another Good Knight Story

Currently reading:
Challenge Submission Another Good Knight Story

Dorkfisher

A serf thinking he's a knight
Local time
Today 5:27 AM
The pain began drifting away and I looked towards the sky as a rat of light broke through the overcast sky. There I saw them, descending on the ray of light like harbingers of infinite peace, oh those beautiful valkyries coming to take me away. With what little strength I had left I raised my blood covered hand to the angel descending to me, her spear pointed to the earth.

I reached for her, hoping she would carry me away to the feasting halls of the dead. Yet instead, when she landed she simply knelt beside me, brushing my hair with her soft hands, as my mother had done when I was young. When she spoke, tears welling in my eyes, she did not congratulate me on my death, on my valor. No, she told me of not my death, but my life.

"Not yet, child of man, shall you know the release of death, not yet shall you be admitted to our halls. Not yet, for you play a greater role in the epic of time. Your death will comes, but not in this hour. Fear not the abyss of the unworthy fir you shall be seated near the head of our table, amongst the greatest of our warriors. Until then child, sleep."

And with those words my world turned black, deeper and deeper I fell into the darkness, waiting to awaken.

When I awoke I was laying on a mattress, cloth clinging to my body with sweat. My head felt as though it were full of fire and my body ached with an intensity I had never felt before.

"He is awake!" a female voice explained.

"Silence you! Go fetch more water before I lose my temper" an ancient sounding voice replied.

I tried to look around but I could not see, could not open my eyes, something covered them. My throat burned like the sands of a desert.

"Water! Water!" I cried, my voice no more than a parched whisper.

"Hush my lord, I will bring you drink, but i bid you not speak for you are not well and you have long to go before you are safe from the clutches of death."

Something cool ran down my throat, thicker than water and tasting of earth, yet it eased the pain. Again darkness consumed all, leaving me once again in an abyss.

Back
Top Bottom