Any Takers?

Binks

Serf
Local time
Today 5:32 PM
Pronouns
she/her
About Me:
Heyo! I'm Binks! I'm new to roleplaying, but I have been writing for several years now. Most of the stuff I write involves magic and monsters, but I'm down for trying new things. I'm looking for a roleplay partner that's good with noobs as this is practically uncharted territory for me. I have roleplayed a bit this past year with friends, but I've never done so with strangers. Still, it's good to widen our comfort zones, and I am hoping this will be a fun experience that also helps me grow as a writer.

Schedule
Saturdays and Sunday evenings are my best times for back-to-back roleplaying. That isn't to say that I'll be unavailable during the week, but I'll likely be much slower.

Writing Style
Style: From reading the threads, it looks like many people don't like scriptive roleplay, but I don't mind it. Up to you, really.
Length: I'm pretty flexible about it. So long as you give me something to work with and we're both advancing the plot, I'm all good.
POV: Third Person
Gender: I can do male or female characters, but my main character tends to be female.
Characters: I prefer not to get too wild with the amount of people in the main cast of whatever we come up with, but I'm cool with playing different characters.
For fandom related things:
I'm all for AUs, simply using the world and none of the canon characters, and even changing up the lore. My only thing is with canon characters themselves. I honestly prefer OCs, but if we're going to use canon characters, I'd prefer we not flanderize or woobify them.

Tolerance:
Violence is cool. I don't typically write gore, but I am not opposed to it. As long as it flows with the story, we're all good.

Fandoms (obviously age up any canon characters)
It would be too long to name them all, so I'll just name a few of my favorites.
-DC
  • Young Justice, the multitude of Batman cartoons, Teen Titans, and the Justice League cartoons.
  • Batman/Gotham is what I am most familiar with.
-Marvel
  • Once again, the cartoons color my vision.
  • Specifically, Spider-man, the Hulk, and X-men.
-ATLA (haven't read the comics)
-Harry Potter (minus The Cursed Child)
-Fire Emblem (Awakening, Fates, 3 Houses)
-The 100
-Disney
-Telltale's TWD

Pairings
OCxOC (just ask first if you want to romance any of my characters)
Canon ships are preferred, but not required.
  • Honestly, anything that is canon-divergent regarding characterization, I'd like to talk about before we implement it.
I don't do romanticized abuse, nor would I pair openly hostile characters.
  • Example. Izaya and Shizuo hate each other and are toxic. Anders and Fenris hate each other and are toxic.
  • I don't like toxic pairings unless the point is to break them up, like Harley and Joker
Settings/Genres
I have a preference for fantasy settings (high or low), but I am open to anything.

Plots
ATLA

"The Doomed Resistance"
Takes place about 30 years after Aang disappeared.
A group of very skilled Freedom Fighters try to liberate territory conquered by the Fire Nation and have aspirations of gathering enough power and resources to ally with the great nations and push back the Fire Nation for good. Unfortunately, the task is easier said than done, especially given they find resistance within their own ranks as the war causes their bitterness to fester.
Original
A once noble and proud guardian spirit grows lonely and resentful of their position stranded at the bottom of the ocean and forced to guard a powerful crystal that contains the souls of those who died at sea. After centuries alone, warding off those who would plunder their treasure, the isolation nags at them. They must do something to alleviate this torturous existence.
Options:
  • On the surface, a war wages, and YC wants to use the spirits of the dead to help them fight off the enemy kingdom.
  • YC, for whatever reason you choose, wants the crystal and travels into the temple to get it.
Additional Notes
I'll be updating this as I think of more plots.

Back
Top Bottom