Both Needed Assassin's Pledge

Currently reading:
Both Needed Assassin's Pledge

Local time
Today 2:54 PM
Hello everyone, and welcome to what I hope will be the beginning of the Assassin's Pledge RP!

The story behind this RP is my baby. My brainchild. My first real tale of violence, love, tragedy, and triumph which I wrote in 2009 and 2010. It remains unpublished at this time, though I aim to have it published within the next 5-10 years.

I thoroughly enjoy using its basic concept and character list to toy with new ideas, characters, and possibly change my own perspective on the story to gain new insight and creative pathways I can take upon publishing it when that finally happens.

So, about the RP... And spoiler alert, this is A LOT of information to take in so get a cup of coffee and a comfy chair!!

1) It contains extreme violence and gore, and when I say "extreme," I mean it. As a now 18 year martial arts veteran I have studied human anatomy quite thoroughly and can describe accurately and realistically every facet of how your body is suffers when attacked. If a blade enters your chest, you will know exactly what organs, veins, arteries, bones, and muscle groups are damaged and, more importantly, how they are damaged and what the short term and long term effects are.

When it comes to this kind of detail, I never hold back.

2) It is story driven, and sex is not really a thing except for perhaps the occasional reference or implication that it has happened at some point in time. But sex is completely out of the limelight. Story, character development, and the violence are front and center.

It takes place on a continent called Cre' Est, with the Mother Nation, situated in the center, as the main setting of the RP. There is a great mountain range which splits the continent into two halves, with Cre' Est on the western half as well as two of its smaller sister nations: Triveila (Northwest) the nation of water, and Veilbrand (Southwest) the nation of stone and wealth. On the East side of the mountain range lies the desert nation of Shaharan the nation of desert sands, and South of her lies her sibling Gweynura, the nation of plenty.

Obviously there's more detail to be had regarding these nations, but I will hold off on providing it until/unless enough people display interest in joining me in an RP for this story idea.

3) The RP takes place in a late-medieval time period where the crossbow and bow and arrow are still the pinnacle of weapon's tech and guns are not a thing yet (minus cannons). Oil lamps, candles, and fireplaces are your light and heat sources. Water gathered from streams and flowing rivers are your primary water sources for fresh and clean water. Food is all grown (either in crop fields or slaughter houses) and sold in shops and street vendors. The Monarchy is the most popular form of government. And finally the focus on the action comes in the form of a desperate fight for your life against the main antagonists who will be described shortly...

4) The main protagonists are normal everyday people. You can choose whatever walk of life you would like which exists in this late-medieval time period from a farmer, baker, vendor, blacksmith, mercenary, bounty hunter, trader, fisherman, hunter, city or royal guardsman, politician, doctor, nurse, member of the royal family, assassin, or any mixture thereof so long as you can make it believable in their backstory.

5) The antagonists are twofold, and they're both assassin organizations. One is Te'i Sai, the largest and most well organized assassin organization in the world. The other is Roda Ah K'mht, the most powerful and feared assassin organization in the world. These two organizations do not get along, and their silent and hidden war is the focal point of our protagonists distress.

Both organizations, having originated in the same place before splitting nearly a millennium ago, have access to a special concoction which acts the same way as the Captain America super soldier serum. It is a concoction given to all of their members when they pass the Initiation Ritual and officially become fully fledged Assassins, and it boosts their strength, speed, agility, dexterity, durability, stamina, reaction times, and natural healing ability to the absolute zenith of human potential. Basically, it's an automatic "Max Level" cheat in a video game.

There is no hope of outmatching them, neither head on nor at range. They react fast enough to successfully catch arrows and crossbow bolts with 100% accuracy from nearly any distance. They are strong enough to lift and throw objects in excess of 1,500 lb. (~680 kg). They can run a mile in 56 seconds (~64mph/102kph). They can leap distances of over 30' (~9m) from a standstill and nearly 50' (~15m) from a sprint. And they heal from injuries nearly 5x faster than a normal human being.

In short, they're superhuman.

But there's one who stands above them all...

6) The Red-Eyed Demon is the heart and soul of this story, and was the first character I created from whom the rest of the story was conceived.

He was born on the night of a full moon in the mountains of Roda Valley, where the Assassins of Te'i Sai make their home, during a ritual meant to summon a Demon from the Nether Realm. The summoning was meant to turn the newborn's body into a vessel for the spirit of the Demon so that it may enter this world and eventually open a breach in the barrier between realms. However the ritual was interrupted by the Grandmaster of Te'i Sai who slaughtered all present save the infant and his mother, and the incomplete spirit of the Demon was forced to latch onto the boy's soul in order to survive. However, it was lacking in sufficient power to take control of him completely, and thus instead of taking over it amplified the boy's natural abilities and caused his eyes to glow with crimson light.

To make matters even more interesting, the Red-Eyed Demon had a hyper-receptive reaction to the concoction which turned the Assassins into super humans, making him even more powerful than the already nigh invincible Assassins of Te'i Sai and Roda Ah K'mht. His exact capabilities remain unknown to all save the Red-Eyed Demon himself, but those who encounter him usually receive but the faintest taste of what he is capable of before their time on this world ends.

The Red-Eyed Demon's strength comes with a price, however. When the scent of his own blood mixes with the scent of another's blood, it acts as a tranquilizer putting his consciousness in a state of total relaxation. When this occurs, the Demon, who's spirit has now fully rejuvenated but remains not but a parasite, takes control. The Red-Eyed Demon's sense of restraint vanishes, as does his ability to distinguish between friend and foe. He will mercilessly slaughter any and all living creatures within his line of sight, and he will not stop until all have been brought to death. This was the source of an event in Cre' Est's history known as the Blood Purge, in which over 500 citizens were slaughtered before the Red-Eyed Demon finally ceased his activities and fled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That about does it for the information you need to know at this point!

If the story idea at all interests you, then I'd love to hear from you!

Here's what you need to know about what I would expect of you if you do decide to join:

1) You need to be literate and capable of posting as much information as needed to make a point and moving your character forward without being asked to do so. In other RP sites, I constantly have to ask for edits and the addition of details to a lot of people's posts, so please don't make me do that with you.

2) You need a strong stomach. When I said this RP is violent, I meant it. You'll learn a lot about human anatomy whether you want to or not if you join.

3) You must be capable of accepting the fact that the Assassin organizations are beyond your ability to realistically fight and defeat, to say nothing of The Red-Eyed Demon, and that your role in the RP is more that of a survivor than a conquers-all fighter. Even those in combative roles will not hold a candle to our enemies, and the most seasoned veterans of combat by normal human standards are a joke to the Assassins. So if you can accept that and take the role of a survivor in a world where if the enemy finds you you're dead, then you're good! If you can't accept that, then kindly step away and find another RP.

That's about it! If enough people display interest in the idea (preferably around 3 people, myself not included) then I will create a thread for the RP and provide a character skeleton as well as information on the five nations and a bit more backstory of the continent itself as well as its peoples.

Thank you for your time!!

~ Kyero

OMG! I wanna do this!!! Like ill create two characters to get this play going but I wanna do it!!

Thank you kindly!

I'm hoping to get at least one more person, preferably two, to jump on board. If they do I'll create a thread for the RP and we can have some fun!

Let me know as soon as possible via private message what kind of characters you have in mind and what you're hoping to get out of the experience. I always do my best to tailor the RP's I create to the unified will of the participants so we all can enjoy the experience and have input on what happens in the story to keep everyone on their toes and involved.

Cheers!

This sounds very interesting. I think I'd like to give this a try for sure. Do you have a character sheet for me or should I send you one that you can approve?

I have a profile built around the Red-Eyed Demon that I'd like you to use as a template. You can find the profile at this page: http://writerssanctum.com/threads/kyeros-characters.396/

Obviously you don't have to go as overboard with the information dump as I did. A single solid paragraph for the "Description," "Personality," and "Training History" (If you have a character(s) who are combative in nature) will do. And for the bio, I'd like at least two or three solid paragraphs of information.

I always try to challenge the role-players who join my RP's to write a bit more than they're used to, unless they're already uber-writers who enjoy going above and beyond the call of duty to make a thorough and in depth character.

Back
Top Bottom