Positivity Goblin
Staff member
Herald
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 1:37 PM
Pronouns
he/him
Pie, overwhelmed by the disappointment of his shattered expectations and with lingering doubts about the mysterious small cat-like being, observed intently as the creature marveled at the deck of cards in front of him. Amidst a swirl of conflicting emotions, Pie struggled to fend off waves of despair creeping over him. The pressing question loomed large in his mind: how could he possibly locate Mis Nyxia from this point forward? The place he currently sat was where the clue had guided him, yet the path forward seemed to elude him now.

Bee's voice cut through with the question. "Hey Little guy, If your partner is missing, just look for them at the places they would like to go. Do you know the things they like?"

Pie's thoughts parted like a sea. What does she like? "She … She likes smokeleaf. And Beer. If there is Ale or grog she'll be there drinking. Music. She really likes music too. She plays beautiful music. You think she'll be there if I go find those things? I saw lots of people drinking out there." The goblin hopped up and peered out of the tent, now seeing that haze of smoke again as it poured out through the tent flap. Despite the growing frustration of not finding Miss Nyxia, he felt more relaxed a it tingled on the inside of his nose.

Bee hopped down and began packing a few things into a bag "I'll close up for a bit and walk with you, I've been busy telling fortunes and giving relationship advice. I want to get out and see some of the sights too."

Pie ran a hand through his tuft of hair. "Thank you. I have a new friend that I was separated from as well, I want to find them and help them too. Miss Nyxia is a really tall top shelfer, She's a goliath lady with really lush black hair and she has pale skin and these really neat birthmarks."

The tiny tabaxi led the way back into the throng, pushing past monsters and creatures so much larger than both of them with no fear. He motioned for the goblin to follow with a wave. They weaved through the diverse crowd, until they came to a tent full of loud drunken singing. They entered and the smell of ale and grog washed over them. Bee made a line for the mugs being sold while Pie stood on a bench and tried to get a look around the room.

A trio of kitsune sat at a nearby table with a bottle of wine that didnt' seem to be on the menu, an ogre was drinking with an ettin, some boggles sat in a circle with a large keg, his eyes gazed over the crowd, but found no sign of Miss Nyxia. He signed as he stepped back down, just as Bee was returning holding two wooden mugs. Pie took one, and took a sip.

"Ohh, this is really good! It tastes kind of fruity!" Bee nodded and took a long gulp himself, though pie had almost expected him to use his tongue as natural kitties did when they drank. He quickly hid his disappointment.

"This mead is their specialty the barkeep said." Bee motioned over to the horned tiefling that had served the drinks. "Something about using special berries and their own fermenting process. It does taste pleasant. No sign of your friend?"

Pie shook his head. "I didn't see her. Are there many places like this here?" Pie started to set the drink down.

Bee shrugged. "Let's go find out. The mug was part of the price, so bring that with you. No point in wasting a good drink." The tabaxi sipped from his cup as he headed for the pathway again. They re-entered the throng of varied beings once more, each twist and turn of the path revealing more enchanting fae and sometimes terrifying monsters, all of them still getting along and not causing trouble for each other.

They visited another open air drinking corner, looking in and checking the patrons but still no sign of the goliath bard. Bee tried to keep his spirits up, but it was clear the goblin was beginning to despair. Was she even here? Or did something terrible happen to her? Had she encountered something like the thing in the wagon, one that wasn't just nice and trying to help?

Two more they passed through, Pie set down his cup. What if he missed her because his senses were dulled? No, he'd keep an eye out for her. If he missed her because he was having fun, he'd feel even worse. Bee on the other hand he noticed, was not worried about that and was on his third drink, this time a foul smelling grog that some Orcs were brewing and handing out.

"This isn't working, she isn't in any of these places! I think we need to-" His worried words were cut off when a squeal erupted from behind them.

"Brother! I found you!" Litheas voice rang out, and the centaur woman was clopping toward them. She scooped up the small tabaxi and hugged him close. "I've been looking everywhere for you!"

Bee tried to squirm out of her grasp, but was unable to extricate himself so after a few moments gave in and hugged her back. "It's not like I was missing. You know I can't resist making a little money at these kinds of things. People like the advice I give. Even this little interesting-" Bee too was cut off as Lithea exclaimed in surprise.

"Pie! There you are!" Without hesitation she scooped up the goblin and hugged him and Bee simultaneously, one cradled in each arm. Pie blushed a little at the closeness of her bare chest, but it didn't seem to bother her as she clutched both of them tightly so he returned the hug. "You got away from that thing! I was worried, but I was so scared my legs were just moving on their own. And you went and found Bee fo me!"

Pie smiled at her excitement. "The monster was trying to help! He gave me directions to find Bee. I didn't know- I mean, Bee is your brother?" The confusion on his face made the centaur giggle.

"Oh he's not from my centaur family, I left home a long time ago. He's family still though, the kind you choose to set your course with because you've helped each other and want to share the future with. Don't look at me like that, he's not my lover either. I told you, he's my brother!"

Pie nodded happily absorbing the explanation and remembering that Bee had cut him off before he could ask anything about why he had been led to him and if he knew Lithea. He was so distraught over finding Miss Nyxia it had gotten lost from his thoughts. "I'm glad we found him!" He was glad, Lithea had helped him and it was great that she had been reunited with her brother. Now if only he could find Miss Nyxia…

The centaur noticed the shift in his thoughts. "Still haven't found your friend? Don't worry, we'll all keep looking. She's got to be around here somewhere. We found Bee so we're three times as likely to succeed now. Bee maybe could even read your …" Something about the look on Bees face made her stop. 1716493898799.png

"Tried that, but the cards were… fickle today. It's going to have to be old fashioned searching." Bee shrugged. "There's three of us now, how can we not find an 8 foot tall woman?" The cat laughed as Lithea hoisted him onto her shoulder and swing pie around to stand her her back. "Let's go find her!"

With that they set off, together, scanning the crowds checking all the places where drinking was happening, and also anywhere they saw puffs of smoke rising above the crowds wandering the pathways of the market place. They bypassed all kinds of wondrous goods being sold, and the incredible sights of even more people and creatures of various races. It was hard to focus on the search, there were so many wondrous sights filling the festival, lit by moonlight and colorful lanterns hung along the paths.

As the hours passed Pie grew more frantic despite the wonder of everything around them. Those attending the Au' Vesteria had begun walking back along the path, and the crowd was thinning as dawn slowly approached. The spirit walk was ending, this magical festival where no violence was permitted, and there was still no sign of Miss Nyxia. His Highs were tangled with is lows today, and it was beginning to wear on him.

They searched on as the monsters and beings continued to diminish. Only a few hold outs around them were still going as the sky began to lighten ever so slightly. The guards were now encouraging everyone to leave, their calls ringing out over the few places holding out, namely some drinking establishments, and some pleasure tents. One of those guards was showing people out of one of the tents as they walked by, half dressed and even completely nude people stumbling out onto the path as their leisurely activities were put to an abrupt end. An orc in the buff and a waifish elven woman with long wispy hair emerged, as they passed, causing them to hurry forward a bit, Lithia trying to look even though Bee was happily shielding her eyes with his small paws.

"I be movin! Keep yer mits to yourselves lest I show you how to use that spear! Not the one in yer hand ya dev- Oh, Pie! What are you doing here?"

Pe whirled around on Lithia's back, turning to see his friend arm in arm with an enchantingly and too perfectly beautiful fey man who was as tall as her, though his proportions were elegantly long. She hadn't yet donned a shirt and made no effort to cover up. Pie was too excited to be embarrassed, and let out a squeal of joy.

"Miss Nyxia! I finally found you! I was so worried! I'm sorry I didn't wait, but when you weren't there I was afraid something bad had happened and I - I didn't …" His words choked up and stumbled over themselves.

The tall goliath woman did blush, sheepishly grinning. "I be fine. I didna mean to make you fret. I'd not intended to stay long, but …" She smiled and pulled the fey man into a tight hug before he smiled at her and began walking down the path, his complete nudeness not bothering him in the slightest.

"I was a wee bit distracted by somethin'." She pulled a binding up to cover herself, though more to remove it from her hands than in an act of embarrassment. She took two long steps to close the distance and ruffled the goblins hair, which was easily in reach despite his elevated position on Lithias back.

"You're a good friend Pie, and look at you already makin' new friends too." She smiled at the centaur and tabaxi, her lush hair spilling around her shoulders and swaying slightly in a breeze that had picked up.

Tears threatened to fill Pie's eyes, but he wiped them away before they could get started. "I don't know what you see in me, but I'm glad Miss Nyxia." He loved her, from the moment they had met his heart had known she was special. She did not reciprocate those feelings, but loved him as a friend. Something that made him truly happy when he thought that someone as special as her found his friendship worthy. As they walked along the path, talking and laughing with Bee and Lithia, he felt content.

It always felt like he was stumbling along, but when viewed through Nyxia's eyes he never felt like he was too small.

Back
Top Bottom