Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 2:34 AM
Pronouns
He/ Him
Black-Black-Heart.png
Banner courtesy of @Semi-Sweet

Setting: Modern times

Plot: In the supernatural world, Vampires have always been at the top. They number in the thousands, possibly millions, and their numbers just seem to grow every day. However, Vampires do have a ruler and their ruler, Galahad, has just decided to retire. Now to stay the top someone needs to assume control, but since vampires can't reproduce, it only makes sense to choose the strongest of them all. However, through a special circumstance, a technical blood heir was born. The only problem, the blood heir is human.

Now as with all catastrophes, the news of this blood heir broke out into the supernatural community and a sort of game was made. Find the heir, take care of the heir, and assume control.

Characters: The only required character really is the blood heir and if someone is interested in playing him or her, I can give you details on the heir. This will include details such as how they were born, and what skills they have in order to protect themselves. If no one plays them, I would assume the role and tell everyone how they came to be through RP.

As for the monsters, it's a free-for-all. I have specific interpretations for Vampires and Werewolves, which I would provide in the OOC, but other than those, I'd let players play whatever they want to play. If they want to be a monster, that's fine. If they want to play a hunter, that's fine as well. My only requirement, if that if their interpretation differs from the norm, to provide me with a few details of said interpretation.

Length: I typically do posts of 500+ words and would expect other players to do about the same. I know that when characters converse that can be hard, but I have nothing against dual posts that can be had through PM, Google Docs, or even Discord and Skype.

Rating: Since this a horror RP this has an R rating. I have nothing against gore and smut, but I just ask to not take it to an MA rating.

Cast:
Cassius Vestuvius Triana played by @Morpheus
Ambrosiano Li Voti played by @Morpheus
Celia Rodriguez played by @AxiomEvelyn
Lynea Bolour played by @Ualah Braff
Jhin played by @Hodrick
Trig Horlf played by @Ualah Braff
Iris played by @Luathis

Last edited:
This sounds like my kind of game. I also have interest in playing the heir if you're still looking. That sounds dramatic and entertaining as all get-out.

Awesome! You two are welcome to join! I will go ahead and post my Vampire and Werewolf interpretations so people can play one of those "races" if they so choose.

Hot-Vampire.jpg

A vampire is essentially a dead person, whose body is reanimated after they die and must feed on blood to continue existing among the living. However, though the stories of vampire lore do hold some truth many of these stories also contain many lies. The vampires of today are probably more dangerous than the stories you're used to, but they are also smart enough to conceal what they do in such a way that it's as they were never there. Only those with ties to the supernatural are enlightened to their existence.

When someone dies and is brought back as a vampire one of the first things to happen is the change in their bodies. As a vampire does not need to breathe to continue living their skin does actually pale from the lack of the circulation of blood, but some do continue just so they can better hide among the living. A vampire is mostly notable though by their dark eyes, which are black and tend to be hypnotic, putting those that get caught in their gaze in a trance. Vampires usually change their eye color with their powers, yet the trancelike state their gaze produces still remains.

The strength of a vampire is determined solely by how strong the human fought when he or she was turned. This can be done physically, such as harming the vampire in some shape or form, or by fighting to hold on to their humanity rather than to succumb to the transformation happening to them. If a vampire is turned willingly they are usually considered weak and are fated to not grow that much stronger even if they do turn out to live for a long time. A strong vampire's strength grows quickly and is considered a reward even if they turned in the end.

One of the most common lies in vampire lore is their weakness to sunlight. Vampires do not burn in the sun, or even sparkle, though the sun does hold a sort of power over them. All the talents a vampire possesses aren't available to them during the day leaving them almost as defenseless as humans. However, once its dusk and their powers begin to emerge, it's easier for a vampire to hunt and a vampire is then far from defenseless. Aside from the sun, crucifixes and silver do not hurt them as well, though it's rare to find a vampire who finds solace in religion.

Vampires possess heightened senses and supernatural strength. The sense of scent of a vampire is 20 times stronger than the average bloodhound and they can hear whispered conversation over long distances, so it's hard to keep anything hidden from them. They also heal very fast though it is possible to scar them with weapons tinted with magic or with weapons laced in vampire hunter's poison or vervain, which is fatal to a vampire if consumed in large quantities.

Despite a vampire's physical strength, it is unusual for them to use it while fighting. One of the first abilities a vampire gains after his or her transformation is the awareness of that part of the brain that's practically invisible to humans while they're alive. With this part of the brain unlocked a vampire has the power to do things such as manipulate minds, shapeshift, and read the auras of other creatures, determining their species and strength. Within time, a vampire can send out psychic blasts to fight with and if a vampire is exceptionally strong, summon elements.

A unique skill available to vampires is the power to transform into ether, or pure energy, and transport themselves to another place almost instantaneously. Using this skill, however, tends to weaken a vampire temporarily so it's only used in times of grave danger. Also, the farther a vampire travels in this form the longer they'll be weakened, so even though it is an interesting little gimmick, you'll rarely find a vampire in this form.

Another myth from vampire lore is that vampires sleep in coffins. This is no way true. Vampires might rise from coffins but they are in no way connected to them. A myth that happens to be true though is their lack of a reflection. Fledging vampires do bear a reflection, but as they grow older their reflection begins to grow faint and older vampires have no reflection at all. Also, most vampires tend to be drop-dead gorgeous as the transformation tends to clear out most of their impurities.

Even though vampires tend to not listen to anybody they do have a ruler named Galahad, who was the first vampire in existence and therefore one of the strongest in the world. Galahad does not answer where vampires came from and even though he does rule over vampires, is rarely seen. Galahad also formed a vampire community known as Aelton which is the only real unified community of vampires in the world. Aelton's location is secret, most vampires receiving the location by invitation. Humans who find the community are simply killed or turned (usually the former) so the location won't be compromised.

Full-Moon-Transformation.jpg

Werewolf lore started to get popular back in the middle ages, during the 14th century. A werewolf or lycanthrope is a creature that under the light of a full moon, changes into a wolf and then transforms back into a human in the morning, usually with no recollection of what happened the night before. However, even though werewolves are popular the story has gone through many variations – Hollywood and other storytellers often adding their own spin to the myth.

A human can turn into a variety of ways, though the most common ways are by being bitten by an alpha werewolf or being scratched by one. Though the second way is not as common - if someone is scratched by an alpha, the wound is deep enough and the human survives then it is possible for a human to become a werewolf. Also, a werewolf has 4 different forms: Man; man-wolf; wolf-man; and finally wolf. A werewolf in wolf form looks much like a normal wolf, except it's noticeably larger than other wolves in the wild.

A werewolf, like a vampire, has enhanced senses and reflexes. They are stronger, faster, and smarter than humans in all stages, though these senses all become as strong as a vampire's when they are in wolf form. However, a werewolf's sense of scent and taste is the strongest out of all their other senses and stronger than those of a vampire, even when they are in human form. Also, like vampires, werewolves tend to heal very quickly, especially during nights of the full moon.

Werewolves tend to be very loyal creatures. Most werewolves will join the pack of the alpha that turned them and will eventually start living among the pack. An Alpha is the leader of a wolf pack - the only wolf in the wolf pack capable of turning non-werewolves into werewolves. An Alpha contains a certain level of animalistic instinct that essentially makes them more "wolf-like" than other werewolves and therefore more evolved. This instinct often is displayed through fighting ability and at times, negative and positive characteristics or morals of a werewolf.

If an Alpha should die, the alpha's beta will take over, the title given by the Alpha himself. However, before the beta can take over, someone else in the pack can try to take the beta's place by fighting him until one of the wolves either yields or is killed. A clear way to recognize an alpha in a pack of werewolves is to look at their eyes. Even though the eyes of werewolves vary in color, most commonly being blue or yellow, the eyes of an Alpha are always red.

Werewolves are hard to kill, but they aren't in any way immortal. Silver weapons do harm them, but weapons tinted with wolfsbane (also called aconite) and magic can also do considerable damage to them. Also, wolfsbane will often "shut" off a werewolves' power, making them almost as defenseless as humans. Werewolves can also die of old age though there are stories of werewolves that are immortal. No one knows how this was done, though it is possible for a werewolf to become immortal with the help of a witch. However, since werewolves are untrusting of other races, it's unlikely.

Even though humans can be turned into werewolves it is also possible to make a werewolf though means of reproduction. If a werewolf mates with another werewolf, a werewolf is born. If a werewolf should, however, mate with another creature their offspring will become half-werewolf. These half-werewolves only have three stages of transformation (man, man-wolf, and wolf-man) but the drawback is that their senses aren't as strong as a werewolf, they can be harmed by "normal" weapons, and they do not heal as quickly.

Werewolves can turn into any of their four stages at will, though during the night of the full-moon they must turn into their wolf form only to turn back into a human in the morning. New werewolves often won't remember what happened when they first turned and be out of control, but those who have been werewolf longer can often control themselves and have a clear recollection of what happened, though they won't be able to resist the transformation.

Since werewolves have enhanced senses and tend to heal very fast, werewolves tend to be gorgeous creatures. When a werewolf is made their body is "perfected" so generally all werewolves are drop-dead gorgeous

I going to wait to see if I can get at least two more people to join before I ask for CSs (I want a mix of different races). If you two know anyone who would be interested in joining send them this way.​

Last edited:
Awesome I have everything ready just let us know when you want to get started. Also I'll keep an eye out for anyone that might be interested.

I'm still looking for players, but in order to lose too much momentum, I've decided to go ahead and post the CS format I'd like you to use.

Name:
Age: (If you use a vampire, post the age they appear as. Do note that all characters should look to be around 18 years old.)
Race:
Appearance: (You can write out how they look like or use pictures)
Personality: (You can pair this with Appearance and just name it Description)
Brief Bio:
AI: (Stands for Additional Information you'd like the other players to know. Can be left blank)

I will post my CS last just so we have a diverse number of races. Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Are you still looking for people who are interested? It sounds like a cool idea so if you are still excepting new people I would love to join.

Yes! I'm still accepting players. Welcome aboard @Ualah Braff

5a89ea72a79595b9f1408381ef05b56b.jpg
7bd0b80467fbc49406fb99de8b862a5d.jpg
Name:
Lynea Bolour

Race:
Shapeshifter

Personality:
She acts tough and mean to keep people at a distance but is actually kind. She doesn't like showoffs but it doesn't stop her from watching.

Brief Bio:
Lynea has had it rough, she never knew her parent's and was put into foster care at a young age. She bounced from family to family never fitting in and causing trouble because of it. Some of the homes she went in really scared her causing her to be so distrustful. Some were abusive, some were neglectful, and some seemed just fine until she realized they just wanted her for the checks. She feels like no one really wants her for her so she acts like she doesn't need or want anyone.
When she was old enough she got out of the system and started working in many different jobs. Currently she works as a bartender for a nightclub. She is one of the newest bartenders so she is still learning the ropes and some nights if a dancer can't make it they have her step in. She recently moved into her own place and is picking up as many shifts as she can to afford it and take care of her cat Ciar.

AI:
She can shapeshift into other creatures but only regular animals and make herself look like other races (Not gaining any of their abilities, just looks). In her free time she likes to sing and play with Ciar.
maximize-micro-apartment-space-little-design-taiwan-8-5b0e50ccd0355__880.jpg

Last edited:
Name:
Jhin

Race:
Boogeyman

Appearance:
7c63604851db0e74a3b5bee69904693d.jpg
ab89a85a0beb21e7130feb18019f2c17.jpg
659910a0bfef937803e9ba943a8bae1b.jpg

Personality:
Jhin likes to pull pranks an mess around, his sadistic nature only fuels this more and more. However he isn't necessarily evil he enjoys much of what the humans have to Offer and spends his days messing with them. His favorite form to take is one of a young man that looks weak and dependent he really enjoys it when people treat him like a weakling without knowing what he's truly capable of.

Brief Bio:
Like all of his kind all Jhin can remember is just being there, left to his own devices he knew what he had to do and what he was capable of doing, but he really didn't understand it. After decades of accumulating life energy he was at his peak strong and terrifying, but he was bored. So he quit his normal life of haunting humans and is now living with them in secret, giving them a good scare and playing tricks on them. Now he works as a secretary for a company watching everyone from a distance.

AI:
Boogeymen are devilish creatures that prey on human fears, they take the form of a persons greatest fears and haunt them until the end of their lives. Many of their stories are told to children to force good behavior and more often then not exaggerated but they can also hold some truth.

What are they exactly? Well they are not your average monster in fact they can be quite different form other special beings, while many species try to hide and keep their presence quiet Boogeymen don't really do that, their life essence comes from the humans that fear them so if they are completely unknown they would definitely become weak and maybe even die. These creatures do not have a true form however you can spot one from their noticeably red or white eyes and their rather sharp teeth, they eventually come to find a form that they enjoy and develop special characteristics that personalize them more. Boogeymen cannot reproduce of their own accord so their are not many scattered throughout the world, the only way for a new Boogeyman to be born is when one gains so much life energy that they are force to split into two, thus the birth of another creature of the dark is born. Killing one is a different story, they are not at all hard to kill and don't pass as time goes on, in fact their more likely to get stronger as time goes on. The only way to kill a Boogeyman is to prove to one that they are not something to be afraid of, when being hunted by those with out fear in their hearts the Boogeymen are just a annoyance.

The most common stories told of them are ones of kids being taken away at night due to their bad behavior, but this is a common misconception they do not only haunt children and actually prefer to feed off of the fears of adults because their fear has a special taste when compared to children's fears. It is also untrue that they kidnap people at night, rarely ever do they take someone, they gain nothing by doing so, in fact it can do more damage then help in most cases. Boogeymen feed off of the fears of people, its what keeps them alive, so if one were to kill the one they were haunting then they could not feed off of them anymore. They can actually be protective of their hosts and even go as far as to save their lives so that they don't have to look for another host.

Every Boogeyman is different and they all have their own styles and preferences when it comes to the haunting and hunting of humans. Some like to play tricks and games with them to drive the humans into phycological corners and some just do the bare minimum to survive, however these are the weak ones. A Boogeyman's power is based on how strong their life force is meaning that the more feared they become the stronger they become, when they are not feared by anyone they lose their powers of transformation and control over the darkness becoming just like another human, when like this they can die in any same way a human can. However when they are feared and do gain power they become truly strong, their ability to fear other beings becomes much greater, being able to look deep inside of someone to find what they are truly afraid of, and become much more dangerous, they gain the ability to shape the darkness to some extent, and become almost unkillable.

Last edited:
I'm doing okay, hope the others are as well

Name: Celia Rodriguez
Race: Human (heir)
Appearance:
dazyxu3-873cb34f-1143-464f-bd92-d98f875a42a4.jpg

Description:Celia Rodriguez is is flamboyant and confident, but can also be very self-indulgent and a bit catty. Nobody's perfect of course and Celia has plenty of character faults. Her shallowness and irritable nature risk ruining pleasant moods and reach all around. That's without even stating she's also pretentious, possessive and arrogant, but at least they only show in smaller doses and mixed with behaviors of being clever as well. Physically, Celia is in pretty good shape. She is tall with tan skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes. She has scar on the cheek from tussle with Kitty Briana Ramos in the sixth grade.

Brief Bio: Celia never knew her father and frankly she never cared to find out about him-if he doesn't want to be around that his problem. Her mother died when she was born, but by all accounts she had been a bad ass bitch. Celia had one older brother, Diego, but she never met him. He was already grown away by the time she came along. He was off doing something somewhere, who cared. She grew up in a middle class neighborhood. Celia was out for her future. This is her junior year of college and she hasn't declared a major yet. She started studying medicine but never finished the course. She's just enjoying life, partying, and working part time driving for a car share. Not having a boss is so boss.

AI: Maybe Later.

Last edited:
I just edited my character's backstory to make it actually make sense. I was not with it when I wrote it apparently haha

Glad you are doing better now.

I also had to go back and edit some stuff I forgot Morpheus and I talked about, I'm still waiting to hear if it's got the Seal of Approval, so don't stay attached to Celia yet.

Good to know, I still don't know how he feels about my character yet either so who knows if I'll need to make some changes as well. Although I thought a shapeshifter might come in handy for trying to protect your character as a diversion in a way.

Back
Top Bottom