Lorril

Baron
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:27 AM
Pronouns
he/him
Hello everyone,

I am new to the site, but I have a moderate level of online role-play experience, and a background in D&D during my teen years many many many moons ago. I tend to gravitate towards quest and journey type role-plays; the setting can vary: historical, magical worlds of various kinds, contemporary settings. I enjoy working in references to actual or invented ancient cultures or languages to the role-plays. I'm a great reader of magical realism novels: Naguib Mahfouz, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, etc. I also read cyberpunk and fantasy with Guy Gavriel Kay as an especially favoured author.

I have played, human, anthro (bear and wolf) and elven characters in the past.

I live in Eastern Canada and speak both English and French.

Looking forward to writing with you all.

Lorril

Bonjour!! Bienvenue dans le sanctuaire intérieur

(I think that hits the limit of my Ontario High School French, but welcome) 😆

Hello and welcome.
Guy Gavriel Kay. Hmm. Haven't heard of that author. What is your favorite book by him? I'm a Glenn Cook fan and Richard Kadrey.
Anyways. Good luck and hope you have fun. ^_^

Hello Lorril, Welcome to I.S. I'm sure if you spend some time looking through the request section you will find more than a few people willing and happy to write with you. Your choices of stories are quite popular here. Happy writing and have a great time.

Hello and welcome.
Guy Gavriel Kay. Hmm. Haven't heard of that author. What is your favorite book by him? I'm a Glenn Cook fan and Richard Kadrey.
Anyways. Good luck and hope you have fun. ^_^
Guy Gavriel Kay is a Canadian fantasy author. His breakout work was a trilogy based on the Arthur cycle, The Fionavar Tapestry. He takes a historical period (France or Spain in the Middle Ages, Renaissance Italy, Imperial Byzantium) and researches it thoroughly, then writes a world and story based on it. Combination of historical fiction and fantasy. I would say my favourite books by him would be A Song for Arbonne, based on medieval Provence and the courtly love movement; and The Lions of Al Rassan, based on Moorish Spain and exploring through fantasy the relations among Christians, Jews and Muslims in that place and time.

That sounds really amazing. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing your favorite author. ^_^ Love finding new things to read.

Welcome to Inner Sanctum, friend!

Back
Top Bottom