Either Needed Cardinal Kingdoms

Currently reading:
Either Needed Cardinal Kingdoms

Vitriosk

The Umbra
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 12:27 PM
(Pardon the lack of coding or style henceforth) - (WIP nature of this RT until it's done)

The Four Founding Kingdoms, also known as the Cardinal Kingdoms -- A group oriented, four person RP, utilizing not just a character, but an entire kingdom instead.

First and foremost, all four positions must be filled before any writing will be done. As the creation of each kingdom, it's cardinal location and theme being important to not just the overall world itself, but the other writer's portrayal of their own kingdom in comparison.

You, me, and all involved who choose to participate, will play a leader of one Kingdom (You may play other characters, but they must be in your own kingdom)

You will have the same allowances as you would in a one on one RP, as far as passing time, and moving forward, but consideration and leniance will be of the utmost importance. IF one kingdom decides on an action, there is no undoing it in the eyes of the others. Likewise, if someone doesnt notice, doesnt reply to a kingdom's moves or actions, or otherwise ignores it, there is the possibility that it was on purpose. Communication will be key to maintaining the rp without people simply skimming through for details they need. (As there will be less face to face dialogue and such than a normal writing experience)

All things are allowed in these kingdoms, all styles of rule, and all forms of leadership. But, these kingdoms are founded in reality in major ways. If you are a radical dictator, other players/writers may utilize such things to try and usurp your rule or domain. Of course you yourself have control over that which occurs in your lands/holds, but there are times when all of use have fallen victim to our own sword, and this will be a major point of the rp. You are a person, leading a nation, with a goal of ruling the known lands. Through force of manpower, arms and armor, through diplomacy or subterfuge, it is all an option available to you.

From marriages between ruling figures. To the outright assasination of others. Nothing is forbidden.

All characters must be human, with one caveot or allowance for an otherwise unnatural gift in a category of their choice. Be it strength of arm, gift of gab, or some other far more odd and ecclectic power/trait. They are a ruler after all, and whether its by bloodline heirarchy or murder of a former king, there needs to be a reason why the people would follow such a lord / emperor / ruler.

I myself, claim the Northern Cardinal Kingdom, and thus it is not up for grabs.

Whomever decides to message me and show interest in this endeavor will get the final cardinal kingdom all their own. That said though, it is upon the back of each person to create their unique empire, and build it from the ground up. Design it, it's culture, it's day to day life. It doesnt need to be visible at all times. It doesnt need to shine like a diamond. It can be a gathering of huts with some spears and a single archer if you truly want it to be. Know this though, that if you come to me unprepared or without real interest in this, even during the writing itself, your kingdom may simply be ran through and left barren for another ruler to step in, and another writer to take your place.

The world, although simple at base, is all entirely up to those involved. It is four quarters of a pie. Each equal in square miles. Each with nigh infinite possibilities. From a frozen wasteland. To a scorching desert. To vast swamps turning into massive plateus and giant twisting redwoods. It's all dependant on the writers, and the kingdom owners/creators. With those vastly different lands that each person creates for their kingdom, come the changes to their people/it's populace. Thousands of years worth of changing and evolving to live in whatever climate you make. With whatever prey and predators your kingdom contains. To suit whatever needs, your people have. These are humans, but who said humanity had to be so readily defined as what we see now in modern life. If we had been born into a world where water was ever-present and all encompassing, would we not have webbed feet? If we all lived in scorching heat, with little water, and little food, would we still maintain the same height, the same skin sensitivity, or thermal insulation as now? So many possibilities exist, and so many options up for grabs. It all depends on what you design your land as.

Do not reply here please, simply announce your interest, and the idea for your kingdom/rule to me in a DM

Thank you XD

Last edited:
This RP may be expanded depending on the interest levels. It may be scaled up to include other kingdoms, or smaller settlements. Other writers to create yet further outside sources for the main cardinal lands... That is all to be seen.

There may also end up needing to be individual single-person instances of kingdoms ( A thread for each kingdom so other writers have an easy to get to description of each one as time passes... Changing details that exist, as they are changed in the rp)

One more interested applicant needed for the final Kingdom. Feel free to DM with questions or concerns if interested. Or, simply tell me that you want in, it matters not. I would greatly appreciate a writing example, or at least an attempt at describing a kingdom so I know what you yourself have the capability to do... but it's not immediately needed.

Back
Top Bottom