Unspecified Care for a Roleplay? [UPDATED]

whiskeypapa

legally dead
Local time
Today 8:22 PM
Pronouns
he/him
Howdy. I'm Whisk.
Back from hiatus number two. it's been more than that now.

Let's get the basics outta the way so we can get to the fun shit:

Like I said at the top, I go by Whisk. I'm 22 years old, and currently studying to get my bachelor's degree in music technology. I've been roleplaying on-and-off for over a decade now. Genre-wise, I'm most at home in high fantasy and modern with a twist of the supernatural, but if the story's there, I'm willing to jump into almost anything.

And now onto the guidelines/expectations:

-3rd person paragraph-style
I think this's a given for most people, but I'll explain my reasoning anyway. 1st person limits how well I can describe the world our characters are walking around in, and since I'm all about details, it doesn't work very well with my writing style. I'm all about stating what the character's actually thinking, but I can't do it purely from their perspective.

That's just me though. You're more than free to write in 1st person if that's more in your comfort-zone.

-1-4 paragraph long replies
This one's more of what you can expect from me more than anything else. You can do shorter than this, you can do longer than this (in which case i'll definitely try to match you). But typically, this is how long I'll do once we get things rolling. One or two-liners are okay if we've volleying back and forth with a dialogue, but outside of that situation, I'd prefer it if you at least gave me a paragraph to work with.

-Grammar
Typos are fine every now and again. Everyone makes mistakes, but make sure I can understand what you send me, otherwise we're not gonna get very far.

-Romance yes, but let's pump the breaks on the smut
Romance is awesome, and if our characters have that type of chemistry, that's amazing. I'm 100% willing to have little romantic side-stories running along the main story, or even having the entire story circle around it. But smut won't be the main focal point of it all. I'm good with a 90-10 split or with things fading to black.

(DM me for kinks and such, but I'm pretty flexible on what I'm okay with writing outside of a few hard lines in the sand)

-OOC chat's fine by me
I personally feel like it's easier to write with someone if you know them at least a little bit, so I'm totally down with chatting on the side. My brain's typically all over the place though, so if I don't reply to a dm but I do reply to the roleplay, I'm not ignoring you. I'm just super scatterbrained sometimes, and I promise I'll circle back around as soon as I remember to.

-World-buildiiiiiiiing
World-building's almost as fun as the actual rp is, so if you're down to clown, then so am I. Jumping in and just making it up as we go's also good with me.

-Responses: Maybe Two or Three a Week?
Life's messy, and I get that. I try to reply at least two or three times a week, but sometimes that doesn't always happen. I also have the potential to reply every day, time and motivation providing.

I try to keep you guys as updated on what I'm doing as possible because getting ghosted sucks, but I do have the unfortunate habit of dropping off the map occasionally when I'm hyper stressed.

Subject matter wise, I'm pretty open to most things since real life is a wild and dark place, but for the sake of clarity:

• I'm a big horror movie buff, so gore is a-okay with me
  • Mentions of depression, suicide, self-harm, and/or abuse are fine if they're apart of your character's past or pertain to the plot. Complex characters sometimes have complex problems.
  • Drugs, alcohol, and such are also fine within reason
If you have any specific questions regarding any of this, feel free to dm me.

Now that that's out of the way, let's talk shop.

This list is just the general, no-plot-attached-yet pairings (romantically or otherwise) that I'm vibing with. The character with *** next to it is the one I'd prefer to write as:

• Fallen Angel*** x Human/Other Supernatural Creature
  • Supernatural Creature x Supernatural Creature
  • Superhero/Antihero x Villain***
  • Knight/Servant x Royalty
  • Assassin x Assassin
  • Goth*** x Jock
  • Fae*** x Knight/Prince(ss)
  • Human x Demon
  • Demon*** x Angel

In that same vein, I've also compiled a list of some of my favorite tropes. These can be paired with the pairings above or built on by themselves:

• Enemies to Lovers
  • Forbidden Romance
  • Opposites Attract
  • Forced Proximity
  • Fake Dating
  • Slow Burn
  • Soulmates

Lastly are the plots I've come up with. After each summary, I'll try to explain the idea in more depth:

Idea #1:

...There was a dark tower, deep within the mountains. Rumor has it, any who enter it or the surrounding structure meet a fiery end in the maw of a vicious dragon.
Noble after knight after desperate commoner journeyed to it, all never returning. Incidents such as those were enough to reenforce the tale, and keep most away. But the dragon is not what it seems... and that was a truth that was soon to be discovered.

Apologies in advance, I'm terrible at summaries. The general idea that I had though was that the aforementioned dragon is actually a cursed prince who was locked away for nefarious reasons. I'm still workin on what said reasons are, but I figured we could fine-tune that together. Within the loose context of the story, your character would be a prince(ss)/knight/dragon slayer ordered/requested/etc. to slay the tower's resident, and then is unwittingly drawn into something much deeper.

Idea #2:

MC is the lead guitarist in a rock band (tentatively) called Bumper Stickers. They play mostly local venues and haven't recorded anything yet largely due to a lack of funding, but they have a large enough following that all members are confident that they'll make it big. Someday. Or at least they were until band drama drove the lead singer to quit. That's where YC comes in. Some way, somehow MC hears them sing and is completely blown away. Maybe your character immediately accepts MC's offer, or maybe it takes some "accidental" meetings and some mild begging, but YC ends up apart of the band.
And everything that goes along with it.

Idea #3:

Life had been fairly normal for YC, if communing with the dead and selling magical items for a living could count as normal. More than anything, it had been quiet, routine; a comforting sort of life. That is, until a particular tattoo-clade magic-user wandered into their shop and everything went to hell in a hand basket. Now, for better or worse, they're stuck helping MC find one of the oldest magical artifacts in the world before the darker forces at play can. What could possibly go wrong?

Definitely looking to have this be a more comedic rp, but obviously there's plenty of room for us to explore some dark themes as well.

Idea #4:

In a world of heroes and villains, YC and MC stand at polar ends of heroic fame and villainous infamy. A true champion of the people, there is little YC won't do to keep the domain they protect safe–even if that means traversing into the criminal underground to bring down MC once and for all. Undercover work is a slippery slope though, and the deeper YC delves into MC's world, the more they begin to see that not everything is as it seems.

Idea #5:

This one isn't a fleshed out idea yet.
However, if anyone's looking to construct a darker, romance-driven plot line, give this song a listen and tell me what you think!

Idea #6:

I've had the idea stewing for a while now for a high fantasy plot involving two kingdoms at war with each other. Our characters would be from separate kingdoms, with mine being the feared king of one and yours with an integral role to the other. This would play heavily into darker themes, with an ultimate goal of enemies to lovers, but there's still basically the entire world to build and plot for us to plan, so this is still a very loose concept.

Idea # 7:

I made a character for a roleplay a while back that was essentially the personification of death. I really enjoyed playing as him and would like to do so again. Here's a brief rundown of his character:

-Height: 6'2"

-Weapon(s) of Choice: Soul-severing scythe and Sense-numbing fog

-Hair Texture/Color: Thick and Wavy | Auburn

-Hair Length/Style: Short, longest part reaches just passed his ears | Slicked-back or parted to the right

-Eye Color/Shape: Silver, almost white | Droopy and hooded

-Race/Skin Color: Grim Reaper | Pale as a corpse w/some gray undertones, Dark circles constantly under eyes

-Attire: Black and silver, typically. Prefers nicer clothes like formal suits and dress shirts.

-Personality: Subdued and kind of muted emotionally, Death is definitely more of a closed book than an open one. While he does feel emotions deeply and is largely sympathetic to the human condition, he finds it near impossible to express himself. However, he does have a mean streak that manifests in sharp words and avoidant behaviors. Generally though, he tries to be kind and compassionate.

Setting(s): Any setting

I'm open to just about anything pairing and plot-wise.

Dm me if you're interested!

Last edited:
Hi! I'm literate and have good grammar and spelling, and I'm comfortable with most themes, though I can't do extreme gore. I've never tried to write anything horror and would probably suck at it, but I'm willing to try. I do like things that are creepy or dark, though. I don't like smut, I LOVE worldbuilding, and I don't mind if you're late with your replies so long as you eventually get to me. I particularly like your first and third ideas, and both have great room for worldbuilding, I think. I'm not sure what all I'm supposed to say in these responses (I'm new here) so just tell me how it's usually done and we can talk about RPing together.

Hello, I hope you're having a wonderful morning/evening/afternoon!
Your general tags antihero x villain or your Once upon a time plot idea sound super interesting, I was just wondering if you were still looking for connections to those before sending a pm!

Back
Top Bottom