Race/Ethnicity
Socioeconomic Status
Appearance
Abilities
Values and Ambitions
Hobbies and Pet Peeves

Strength/Weakness
Background/Context

I also usually include an interview - it's just a fun little writing thing I like to do to quickly get to know/define my characters and find their voice, especially if I'm working them from scratch ^.^

Last edited:
fvmeHUgl.jpg

Name

Justin Watercrest

Occupation
Private doctor to the leader of a major criminal syndicate

Gender Identity
Cis man, not really a big deal to him

Sexuality/Attitude Towards Sex
Pansexual, is chill with one-time hookups because sex and cuddles are nice

Nationality/Universe
Urban fantasy. Probably American.

Race/Ethnicity
Human warlock, Greecian heritage

Socioeconomic Status
Born lower middle-class, grew up in a house relatively comfortably. No vacation trips to Italy, but didn't have to worry about sacrificing convenience or comfort. Being a mob boss's doctor also pays well, so he continues living the way he's used to with a few added luxuries. So being dumped in the middle of an island with nothing is going to be... pretty hard for him.

Appearance
Relatively tall dude, not that skinny. He's got long curly hair that he keeps tied back and out of his face. Deep-set eyes, large nose, brown skin with golden undertones that people like to call "olive-skinned" (which he always found funny, because his favorite olives were a pretty green). Brown eyes, brown hair, often dressed in a crisp white button-down (or pink, or purple, or orange if he was feeling particularly zesty) with some beaded accessories and a charged energy stone around his neck. He tries to at least look professional. Most of the time.

Abilities

He be a warlock, though in his world it's basically another flavor of sorcerer. He can conduct magical energy right out of his fingertips without need of incantation or wand, but it's basically sucking on his own personal energy banks, so he can use it up real fast with great danger to his own health. Ironically, he studied life magic, specifically healing magic, in order to be a professionally trained doctor, so while caring for the health of others he's risking his own.
In order to combat this, Justin's in practice of using energy stones - special gemstones that he charges with energy, whether it be pure sunlight or the light of the full moon, as a backup. He has to cleanse their energy with saltwater and recharge them, but they are pretty handy. Justin wears one, an alexandrite, around his neck at all times, even when he's sleeping, because you never know.

Values and Ambitions

While he does value human life and generally puts others' wellbeing before his, as it's his whole concept, Justin is definitely a coward who very much would like to stay alive, and would rather run and hide from danger than face it. Also money. Money is good.
Ambitions-wise, he had a vague notion of becoming a pediatrician and maybe even opening his own private practice someday, but that all went down the drain when he accidentally got himself hired by the most dangerous person in the city.

Hobbies and Pet Peeves
He likes staying alive. You know. Pretty fun hobby. Oh, and he also likes to collect rocks. He has a little cleaning kit and a display box at home.
Justin's greatest pet peeve is messy eating. The sound gets to him like nothing else.

Strength/Weakness

One strength of his: easy-going. He just rolls with the punches, which helps him keep a cool head in the most dire situations. Justin can look at a scenario and go welp, better do something about it and quickly prioritize rather than waste time on flipping the fuck out (he does that later, privately, maybe in a bathroom somewhere).
One weakness of his: lack of physical strength. Justin is not the toughest guy around. Nor the most speedy, nor durable. He's sort of your average soft and squishy human who doesn't work out.

Background/Context

You kinda already get the gist. World of magic and guns, a chill doctor who gets caught up in mob bosses and broken bones. Then, his wish to escape this world is finally granted - only, he gets thrown into a world of dinosaurs instead, so yeah be careful what you wish for and all that.

As played in

Dino Myte

Interviewing: Justin Watercrest in Dino Myte

Is that your real name?

How old are you?
I feel like an 80-year-old man in a 25-year-old body.

Gender attitude?
I'm a guy, but it's not really that big a deal to me.

Occupation?
Doctor.

Why doctor?
It was either that or be a lawyer. Gotta honor my momma, let her rest in peace, y'know?

Who do you work for?
I serve as the personal doctor of the leader of the major criminal syndicate in my city. Fun, I know. At least it pays well. She's the one who gave me my alias, by the way - the pun opportunities were apparently numerous. Looks like you were Justin time again!

How would you describe your original world?
Urban fantasy.

How do you fit in that reality?
I'm a human warlock. I specialize in, surprise, healing magic, using magical energy that gets generated through like, regular energy that the body gets from food. So that means if I use a lot of magic, I'll get super tired. And hungry. Like lifting.

How would you describe your physical attributes?
Brown. With long hair. It's curly and sometimes annoying.

What's a strength of yours?
I know how to keep a cool head. It's helpful when you're working for a mob boss.

What about a weakness?
Well, I'm a healer, not a fighter.

What's your life philosophy/motto?
Do I need one?

Last edited:
YikhQDQl.jpg

Name
Ari

Occupation

Potionsmaker and seller

Gender Identity

Trans dude, loud and proud. He has a trans flag in the living room and a he/him pronouns pin on his knapsack.

Asexual. Kinda curious about bondage. Thanks to the internet he knows all the dirty jokes and will say "that's kinky" at the most inopportune moments.

Nationality/Universe

Modern fantasy. Probably American.

Race/Ethnicity

Fairy, raised in an Indian-Jewish human household. Probably half-human. He never bothered to check.

Socioeconomic Status

Grew up in very poor neighborhood with working-class parents. At the present, is relatively well-respected and living comfortably.

Appearance

Smol. Fluffy curls and pitch-black eyes. (Then again, he doesn't have irises so it's all pupil basically.) If you look closely you'll notice his dark skin is actually a violet hue, his hair indigo, because I colored in a sketch of him that way once so why not. Deep-set eyes and a hooked nose. He wears black nail polish with some earrings hugging the top part of his ear. He has a tattoo around here somewhere. Ari likes to wear a nice big jacket over his favorite red hoodie and t-shirt, some sneakers and sweatpants if he wants to go outside. Oh yeah, and he has wings, small and iridescent.

Abilities

Ari can mix all kinds of magical potions and remedies, either from a recipe, memory, or experimentation. He can fly a little way before stressing out his wings, mostly using pixie dust to lessen his gravity. Ari also has healing and regenerative abilities set on automatic, so cuts heal in seconds, broken bones set themselves, and burned off fingertips regrow themselves. He can mod games and hack stuff relatively okay.
Ari also has aniridia, an eye condition where he essentially has no irises. He wears sunglasses and uses a cane in places of bright light. He's had it since birth, but likes to tell people that he traded his irises to an evil peddler for some dragon tears.

Values and Ambitions

Ari greatly appreciates honesty above all else and will put it into practice - not entirely because fairies can't lie. He also prizes intelligence and likes to feel smart and hang around smart people.
Ambitions-wise, Ari just wants to be left alone in a peaceful existence on his own, all alone, perfectly and utterly alone.

Hobbies and Pet Peeves
He likes playing video games and hacking government security.
Pet peeves include people he cares about (and won't admit it) falling into danger or getting themselves hurt. He doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Strength/Weakness
One strength, he's a smart cookie. He likes puzzles and brain teasers and he's good at them. Sharp memory and even sharper wit.
One weakness, he has much rage crammed into his tiny body. Ari has no idea how to control his temper, and doesn't really want to.

Background/Context
Ari was born to a human couple, believing that he himself was human. He grew up very poor, with death and disease surrounding him. An illness caught up with one of his moms, who died painfully when he was young, something that he still holds much bitterness and anger at himself for being so helpless. His other mom never got past it, and grew more stern and strict with Ari as a result. In order to give him a better life, she married rich, moved the both of them out of the gutter, and focused on priming Ari for an elite community, training him in ballet and violin.
Ari hated everything about this and acted out constantly. An injury ruined his chances for the stage forever, and awoke the fairy side of him. Upon this discovery, Ari feared that he might've been a changeling, which might cause his mother to turn on him, and runs away from home. After a tumultuous journey, he learned the magics and trained in medicine, finally hiding away in the caves in a home of his own.

Anyway, Ari knows this whole backstory was imagined and written out by his Creator, and knows very well how cruel his Creator can be. He has bargained with the Creator to at least leave him alone to act as an occasionally fourth-wall-breaking NPC to act as a seller of medicine to the adventurers in the caves.
But, the Creator is cruel, and the Creator is hungry for character development.

As played in
Closing One Door Opens Another

Interviewing: Ari

What happened to your last name?
I happened to lose it many moons ago. Very sad. Hope I shall never have to see it again.

How old are you?
Nineteen. A very uncomfortable age to be.

What do you do for a living?
I sell drugs.

You sell potions and healing items, Ari.
Meds are drugs, bud.

Who do you sell potions and healing items to?
Idiots who climb down into my caves without realizing what they're getting themselves into. You know... spelunkers.

What's in these caves? Are they dangerous?
Yeah, pretty dangerous. Not as many monsters as they would've hoped, yet tons of bugs and poisonous mushrooms and other mysterious magical fairy stuff that can make sure you don't make it out alive. That's why I'm posted here - making sure these idiots get out of here with all their broken limbs, venomed veins and gashed knees intact. Whoever put all these treasure chests down here is a goddamn sadist.

Are you a fairy?
Yeah - not the small, sparkly kind, the will-eat-your-face-curse-your-younglings-can't-tell-a-lie kind. But like, I defer to a more important figure who actually does all the cursing or whatever. The most magic I do is spitting into potions that need fairy magic flavor. I'm more of a witch than anything else - I collect herbs and black market items and whatnot to mix it up and see what happens. And also cure my idiots.

Are you an NPC?
I am legally, universally, not allowed to answer that.

What else do you like to do?
Hack into government security.

Last edited:
TuHMCWDl.jpg

Name
Milan Liu Adair

Occupation

University student, being rich

Gender Identity
Genderfluid, he/they pronouns, carefully hidden inside the closet.

Bisexual. Is a total romantic who believes in soulmates and finding The One, but in the meantime is down to bone. With emotional connection.

Nationality/Universe

American, typical reality.

Race/Ethnicity
Chinese, raised in a Caucasian American household after he was adopted by some very rich doctors.

Socioeconomic Status

R i c h. Gucci rich. Their parents own a vacation home in the Bahamas.

Appearance

Round and relatively short in stature, with a distinctly chubby face. Very beautiful eyes, though they are often worn in a nervous and/or sorrowful expression. His black hair falls over one eye, as hair usually does to symbolize a character's hiding of their true self. Milan gets cold easily so he dresses very warm, often turning to a soft scarf along with his fluffy blue coat.

Abilities

Milan will say they're relatively adept at writing poetry and scripts, but they know they're pretty good. Not contest-winning, but they know how to wrench a heart from its chest cavity with the right turn of phrase. He's a well-trained tenor and can play the viola, piano, and harp. A very good actor who uses stage performance to escape social anxiety.
Milan is also vegetarian out of necessity, as the protein in meat can literally kill them, turned vegan because cashew cheese is delicious.

Values and Ambitions

Milan values creativity and thought; delving deep into an interesting subject with someone is a rare freedom that he deeply treasures. Small talk is physically painful.
He is a lost boi who has no idea what he wants to do in the future, but in the meantime he's looking for something to kill boredom.

Hobbies and Pet Peeves

They will read pretty much anything - will read the labels off a cereal box if there's nothing else.
He hates it when people patronize him, or treat him like the innocent child he is not. (He won't really do anything about it, will just laugh politely and silently plot their tragic demise.)

Strength/Weakness

One strength is his emotional intelligence, his ability to read other people's emotions and control his own. He could be falling apart inside or burning with furious rage and no one would ever know.
A weakness of his is his terrible communication. People scare him, and saying the wrong thing terrifies him. He will often mumble or say stuff way too quietly to be heard, or stumble over his words, or hesitate too long before responding because he's still planning it. If something bothers him he just doesn't... say anything about it?? If he needs or wants anything, he won't say anything, or says it in such a roundabout way no one understands what he's trying to say in the first place.

Background/Context
Milan is a theater major at a private, high-scale university. He is known as the quiet and shy nerd, a kind and somewhat pure soul who is very easily pushed around and manipulated - only, Milan is very much Tired of what feels like a charade. What he really wants to do is speak what's on his mind and act out and generally cause chaos, but his upbringing has instilled in him this pretense that his anxiety further exacerbates. Part of them does genuinely want to be a sincere and good person, but another part of them wonders if such a person even exists, and if they've just been pretending to be that person all this time.

As played in
be gay do crime

Interviewing: Milan Liu Adair

First of all, do you know I love you
... Yeah... I could tell...

What's the significance behind your name?
My parents named me Milan when they adopted me - it's derived from the Slaviv "mil," which means kind, loving, gracious... all the things they hoped I'd be, I guess. Liu was my birth mom's maiden name... I guess they wanted me to still have a connection with my birth parents, which is nice. "Liu," or the Chinese character 刘, means to kill or destroy.
... I'm sure that isn't foreboding or foreshadowing anything at all.

How do you identify?
As a guy, I guess? Most of the time... though sometimes I want to wear dresses and hair clips and flowers, but you don't need to identify as a girl to want that, right? But "girly" or "feminine" guy didn't fit right, and even when I'm wearing a suit sometimes I don't feel like a guy. I found they/them pronouns on someone's webpage, and it... fit. It just felt right, for those times where I'm not either one or in between. They/them put a name to the feeling of existing, or the state of existing as a nongendered being.
But sometimes I'm just a guy, and I don't know how people will react to that.

What is your occupation?
I'm a full-time college student studying theater.

Why theater?
I always felt... safer up there. On the stage. I like the feeling of being not me.
I don't like being me.

Last edited:
Name
Gender Identity
Nationality/Universe
Race/Ethnicity
Socioeconomic Status
Appearance
Abilities
Values and Ambitions
Hobbies and Pet Peeves

Strength/Weakness
Background/Context

Name:
Ito Etsumi

Nicknames/Alias:
Nure-Onna

Sex:
Female

Sexual identity:
Lesbian

Originally, Japan. Quietly moved to Taiwan when the country was under Japanese rule for a quieter life selling rice cakes.

Personality:
She just a snek who wants a hug

*Height:

*Weight:

*Appearance (Realistic or digital preferred please):

Strengths

Weaknesses

Quotes:

Playlist:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom