Closed Contagion

Currently reading:
Closed Contagion

Artemis

Duke
Local time
Today 11:01 AM
The World

It happened so fast. Insanity, everywhere. Some killed themselves, but most? They went stark, raving mad, trying to kill everyone in their sight. It didn't matter who they were - the mechanic, the doctor, the Senate. They all went insane, they all heard The Voices. The military tried to contain the outbreak - but it spread too fast. They say everywhere in the world is plunged into chaos, but how could you know? The Web, phone service - it's all gone.

The discovery of how it was transmitted came too late. It's in the water. Any water that is exposed to outside air for more than a few hours, is infected. The disease is slow to progress - a few hours in, the headaches start, and fatigue. In the next ten hours comes the coughing, fever. 24 hours in, the Voices start, along with the hallucinations. Some break after an hour, others can survive a few days. But in the end, it's all the same - the Voices get to them eventually.

The first case happened a month ago. In a week, all of America had gone Insane. Three weeks have passed since then - the Insane walk the streets. Some had it in them to off themselves, but most did not. Some retain their intelligence, others don't - merely soldiers, following orders. How they communicate, nobody knows. But they say there's a cure - in Boulder, Colorado. They say that there's a safe zone, there. But how long can it last? The Insane are gathering, for something big.

The Plot
This is a post-apocalyptic RP. Society has crumbled, and chaos reigns. Most of America is Insane, but there are patches of survivors, many rural. Bottled and well water has become the most precious commodity in the world - and Victoria is filthy rich. Over a dozen cases of bottled water, not to mention her well. She can survive for a few years just on the water she has. But she doesn't want to just survive - she wants safety, real safety. And that means making the long, difficult journey to Boulder.

Characters
(3-4 other people)
This part is totally up to you. How do they fit into Victoria's story? Are they a friend, a lover, a neighbor? Did they happen upon her, or will their paths meet later on? Now, with that said, If you're struggling with coming up with ideas, feel free to PM me, and I can help you work this out. This might also involve playing some side characters, or writing the Insane.

Rules
  • Once a week posts. If something comes up, and you can't make this, let everyone know.
  • You must be able to write multiple, detailed paragraphs.
  • If you somehow haven't guessed already, this isn't going to be a walk in the park - there will be blood, gore, violence, all that lovely stuff, as well as the possibility of sex scenes.
  • Be able to talk with the group. Communication is important, and all that jazz.
What Now?

PM me that you're interested, and tell me a bit about yourself. If you have an idea of how your character will fit into all this, feel free to include that. If not, tell me and we can work it out.

Note: Things might change in this post, because I probably forgot something.

Last edited:
Closing this in part due to a lack of interest, and some problems with the plot itself.

Back
Top Bottom