Currently reading:
Closed Crijns' Corner

Crijns

Executor
Local time
Today 8:33 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Welcome to my Request thread! I had not intended to make one, as I tend to prefer playing with another's prompts rather than write my own, but it's worth a shot.

Currently looking: No.
Note: I try to limit the amount of roleplays I dive into at the same time, hence this little line. I'll strive to keep it updated so as to not waste anyone's time.

About me:
I go by Crijns. I've been roleplaying for close to ten years now, though not consecutively. Character interaction is my lifeblood - I'm always going over scenarios for good character moments between potential characters. Be it friendship or antagonism, or something else, everybody has to have an opinion and the story first and foremost has to put the characters on display - and to the test! Worldbuilding is fine, though I mostly use it as fuel to influence the characters into interesting viewpoints or traits. I play pretty much any character I feel like playing, MxM/MxF/FxF (if preferred for whatever reason) are all acceptable (romances included, but not specifically desired) (while I'm completely fine with partners playing NB characters I don't really play them myself). I like action, adventure, heists, subterfuge, and other things that keep the characters on the move (proverbially) and drive the plot. There's time for downtime in between, certainly, but I prefer a central path to loop back into. Or at least a good ol' ticking time bomb on the ship to light a fire under the characters.

I'm semi-literate and expect the same from my partners. At least use capitals, format into paragraphs, basically don't give me a headache. Third person - past tense is my strongly preferred option. Length is less relevant to me, I myself tend to make up to four short-ish paragraphs (wordcount 700-1500) but I can work with more or less from someone else. It's rare I don't check in at least every other day, often more.

While I have a good deal of experience with roleplaying, I suffer from a chronic inability to come up with original plots. I prefer to call my approach 'adaptive' rather than 'lazy', but the bottom line is that the following are rough ideas of characters and archetypes I like to play, yet by no means a full list. It also means you don't have to reply to a specific idea if you have your own, including outside anything listed! I take PM's. I'll read replies here as well, but it's not preferred.

Gore/Violence/Sex/Limits
Violence-wise, I can handle just about anything and I favour making my fights brutal and bloody (which has the added advantage of keeping them quite short as well). Smut… I have very little experience with it and I don't particularly care for it. I'm willing to give it a shot if you want, if it fits in the story, but I won't suggest it. We can discuss it in private, for now: know it's not a hard dealbreaker but absolutely not my area of expertise. Anything beyond 80/20 story/smut pushes things into a 'maybe'.

I don't work with any canon characters from any fandom, or any historical people. I'm not against using settings from other media, but specifically the characters are off-limits. Hard rule, no exceptions.

Let's see… I'll refuse anything related to incest, bathroom play, vore, loli. pregnancy… Besides that, stay within site boundaries? I may have to revise this later but for now, come at me. I may not care for smut writing, but there's little that I will outright shut down under all circumstances.

Do you have any pairing or setting ideas?
Settings-wise, I have a preference for fantasy (low or high) or superpower settings. Science fiction, urban fantasy or the odd historical are good to mix things up. I don't like just 'modern day' unless the plot is really out there.

Pairings (Mind, most of these don't come with romance implied, and I'm usually fine playing either part):
Supervillain/Superhero/Sidekick x Superhero/Supervillain
Demon x Occultist (either to banish, ensnare, or control it)
Mentor x Student

Various scenarios I'd be interested in working out (almost invariably because the dynamics seem fun to work in):
Pursuit (Muse A chasing Muse B down through difficult circumstances, preferably fantasy-theme with one or both being supernatural)
Exploration story (Either Muse A and B venturing into uncharted areas, or Muse A meeting native Muse B while doing so)
Fantasy Harem setup (I'm only interested in playing the poly side. I like stretching my legs when it comes to character design and attitudes. Give me a solid central setting and license to go wild, and I'll loosen up on the smut rules.)

Do you have any detailed plots prepared?
Eh, lemme get back to you on this one. Sometime. Maybe.

Any additional notes you want to add?
I find it hard to predict my own tastes sometimes, but I am by no means fickle. If the setup is right, I can play in a setting for ages.

For ideas/things not mentioned, everything not explicitly on the limit list is up for discussion and/or I just didn't think of it. Take a shot, by all means.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom