Both Needed Dark Court Intrigue Style

Currently reading:
Both Needed Dark Court Intrigue Style

Dnarion

Temporal Writer
Local time
Today 2:15 AM
So, for the past few months my beautiful Muse has been bombarding me with a desire to write a darker theme surrounding court intrigues - similar to Game of Thrones. It will likely be something that can include up to six people, and there are a variety of ways we can go about it. We could even use the Song of Fire and Ice Roleplaying books I have to use for setting up characters, but I think something less restrictive would be better for anyone.

I do not want to set up too much as this should be a collaborative project. The idea I have in mind is a small noble house in a kingdom that finds itself in trouble. Perhaps the domain's ruler was slain along with the majority of the council, and the new members have to take up their roles sooner than anticipated and survive. From there, it could be a matter of does the House rise or fall depending on how things go. Naturally, there could be internal strife as well.

Alternately, there could even be a couple of Houses set up that all vie for an empty throne - or one that is weak and needs to be removed. The various Houses could work against each other, make alliances, betray one another, so on and so forth. It would be quite the challenge, but as good as the writers are on here - I can see this happening.

Another option is each of the characters is a representative at a court that abounds with various troubles as each of the attempt to bring honor to their family, rise in power, gain prestige, and perhaps...just maybe be able to ascend the throne through various means.

Now, I know these are rather briefly laid out, but it allows for those who wish to participate to help expand on the ideas.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Definitely intrigued by the concept, I think it would be really interesting to see the ways in which it could develop. I'm in if you'll have me.

Back
Top Bottom