Both Needed Deeper Worlds: Seeking cast to worldbuild and roleplay

Currently reading:
Both Needed Deeper Worlds: Seeking cast to worldbuild and roleplay

MisterBrown

simulationist
Local time
Yesterday 10:42 PM
Hi Inner Sanctum,

This is a call for a group of writers to play in original settings, help complete their own worlds, and iron out new ways to play. I'd like to find like-minded roleplayers to create serious worlds and characters. Mature writers with proficient prose preferred. I would like to be challenged by those around me, and vice versa. A large component I would like to incorporate is conflict and plot resolution beyond freeform roleplaying: things like die rolling, game masters and polls. My ultimate aim is to make fantastic, long-running RPs with consequence and reward like one might find in games and other interactive media.

No:
  • Fandoms
  • Pure smut
  • Vague overpowered magic
  • DBZ stat grinds
  • Too Many Damn Fantasy Races™
Yes:
  • Low fantasy
  • Game elements: Survival/Money/Resources
  • Slow burn
  • Fallible characters

I have many settings of my own I'd like to work on, but I'd like to find members who want to put forth theirs too. Here are some of my personal ones:

• Privateers: Pistols, Swords and Fairy Dust
  • Blood Ninjas: Demonic Armies and Hard Blood Magic
  • King's Court: Courtiers, Intrigue, Armies, Sudden Immolation
  • Dark Sun: Desert Planet, Brutish Alien Overlords, 80s-Babe Sorceresses
  • 20 Years of WW2
  • New Worlds: Speculative Sci-Fi, Gene-Therapy-Soldier-Children, AI singularity, Fascism in Space

Thanks for reading. Feel free to ask me more or let me know if you're interested.

Last edited:
Definitely interested in this sort of thing. Blood Ninja, King's Court, and Dark Sun feel like the sort of thing I could get into the most of the listed ones, but I am open to other options as well. Already signed onto a pirate RP so I probably would shy away from the privateer one.

Definitely interested in this sort of thing. Blood Ninja, King's Court, and Dark Sun feel like the sort of thing I could get into the most of the listed ones, but I am open to other options as well. Already signed onto a pirate RP so I probably would shy away from the privateer one.
Blood Ninja and Dark Sun are probably my most fleshed out settings. They started as tabletop ideas to bear the rigors of real-time play. I'm making a Discord to workshop and brainstorm, would you like to join?

I'm down for anything fantasy honestly. It doesn't matter what the setting is. I really just want to character build.​

I'm down for fantasy too; the settings you gave are really interesting!

Yep, samesies. I am quite down for quite a bit of it. Blood ninjas gives me slight hesitation just because I'm not a fan of rping in an anime scenario and I fear it might turn into that. But I am willing to give everything a try.
I am the resident DM ATM, so playing as a character with some minor world building would be fun 😊

Definitely would be interested if there is still room to join. Dark Sun, blood ninjas and 20 years of WW2 sound especiaslly interesting to me.

Back
Top Bottom