Either Needed DIVE: CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Currently reading:
Either Needed DIVE: CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Depravity

The Rolling Stone
Local time
Today 12:12 PM

Hello, all.

I come bearing a proposition for THREE other like-minded writers!
First of all, I want to extend the hand of friendship. Thank you all for having me along in your literary travels. ^^

I'm here looking for partners whose posts are detailed, grammatically correct (we're all human, I won't attack you for slips!), and who put forth both quality and quantity. At the very least, two beefy paragraphs are a must. I would love for us to communicate and plot together as not only a group of writers but as friends. I do not know any of you myself, but I'd be honored to get to know you.

For this, I am NOT recruiting a ratio of males to females or vice versa. This will be an LGBTQ+ friendly group, and so please do not join with the outright intention of pairing characters up before it even begins, this makes romance an immediate focus. Romance is to be in no way the main ingredient. It is a spice at best, certainly welcome as things develop but is not to be regarded as the focus of this story.

If interested, please message me privately. I want to get to know you better so we know we'll mesh. <3

Now, onto the reason I'm here-

I have concocted a sort of cross between Narnia and Inuyasha. You do not need to have seen or read either to comprehend the plot, of course. It is a cross between two worlds, one being the world we know ourselves and the other being a high fantasy realm upon which we can collaborate as a group. I put maps together in my free time and would gladly make one for the 'other' world in this plot.

'Other world', he says. Are you curious?

Well I'll put it in a spoiler for you. ^^

All characters will be, of course, 18+. I intend for mine to be around 20 or 21. 18-25 sounds reasonable, yes?

There is a place, tucked away from curious eyes and doted upon day in and day out, that dates back before present-day Man. Within it, a treasure hides, glowing and shimmering in the light of the Sun and more beautiful to behold than any other sight, indeed. It cannot be sold, however, and it is worth nothing in the eyes of many. What could it be, you ask?

At a glance, it is but a garden. Nothing more, nothing less.

Its past caretakers will have told you without question that it held one of every flower in the world, and others will swear on their lives that if you listen closely, you can hear the trees whispering to the grass in the breeze. A stone path parts the sea of flowers that grow there, never dying, never wilting. The sakura blossoms are perpetually in bloom overhead, and the grass never prunes. At the center of it all, lies a small pond. The sky paints the surface at all hours, in such a way that it puts all other bodies of water to shame, the purity of its visage almost holy to anyone privileged enough to look upon it.

The garden goes by many names. Eden. The Fountain of Youth. The World Tree. Rumors, however false or true, have spread throughout the world for millennia. A strange magic resides thickly in every leaf, every drop of water, every speck of dirt. It is truly a place of otherworldly design, however forgotten as time has since swallowed it up and hid it away from the greedy and the unworthy. It is encircled by a high wall of red stone, but is mysteriously radiant despite its being surrounded.

The property it lies upon has been protected for the last 2000 years, passed down by aging caretakers to newer, younger hands as their lives come to a close. Caretakers are raised for the sole purpose of guarding the estate, living on it for the rest of their days. They are to live alone, forbidden to take lovers, companions, or to bear children over the course of their lives. As they near the end, they are to adopt a child and to raise them in similar practice to the Caretakers before them, with the child being allowed to complete compulsory schooling but bound to their duties and the estate upon graduation. No fewer than ten years may pass before the apprentice may be considered a trained Caretaker, and none but the Caretaker and their apprentice may enter said estate.

So what might happen, then, if tragedy befell its current caretaker? What if an illness took him away from his duties before his apprentice (my character) was finished his training, leaving his apprentice poorly equipped to grieve on his own? What if he brought in his old friends for comfort?

What if they found something, there in the garden?

-------

A grieving young man defies the very structure of his own upbringing and invites his close friends to the estate grounds. Lonesome, he wishes to share his inheritance with his friends and to invite them to stay there with him at the estate, hoping they might want to become Caretakers as well. (Past classmates, childhood neighbors/close friends, etc)

Upon some investigating, the secret of the garden is unearthed. It is neither a wellspring of youth, nor a garden of heaven. It is, instead, a portal.

Upon diving into the pool at the center of the garden, another realm can be reached. It is a place of magic, to be sure, wrought with all manner of sentient creatures, magi, strange cultures, and new tongues. Once there, the four are regarded as deities in and of themselves, finding that even they have an affinity for magic in this new land.

To leave or to enter, one has only to dive. Unfortunately, leaving becomes harder and harder for the four. The temptation of being strong sorcerers, revered by all, is strong. Returning to their ordinary lives in the real world starts to become loathsome, and begins to effect their judgment; How will the four fare?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom