Currently reading:
Unspecified Dragon Age universe-- The Ancient Age and Cad'halash Thaig

ripley8

Science Officer NOSTROMO 1809246
Local time
Today 1:06 PM
Pronouns
She/her
Hey there! Big Dragon Age nerd here, and I'm willing to guess you are too. If delving into the game's history and lore is a passing or (like myself) all-consuming hobby, then please, read on!

The plot is an orphaned one (always a sad day), but I haven't been able to get it, or the character I had created for it, out of my head for several months. I figured why not see if anyone is interested in picking it up!
Long story short, I'm playing a female dwarf, and am looking for an elvhen mage counterpart. Romance would only be with another F (and only if you want of course), but I'm open to RPing with either gender, because I'm mildly in love with this plot and really want to play it out lol.

THE PLOT:

The year is -981 Ancient, and the young but brutal Tevinter Imperium has besieged the Arlathan Forest, with the intent to drive straight through the heart, and crown jewel city, Arlathan. Rekenna Stoneheart (my character) is a high-ranking warrior in the progressive-thinking Cad'halash Thaig, and her patience with the dwarva's inaction about the events unfolding, even far away, has run out. She's been the driving force behind a small group of like-minded individuals that have set up a network to assist in evacuating fleeing elves to her home Thaig.

In 6 years, however, almost all evidence of the events that transpired within that time, will be destroyed by a cruel twist of fate, and the Kal-Sharok Thaig.

CURRENT PLANNED PLOT POINTS TO COME ALONG:

-After your elf is safely set up in the Thaig, Rekenna will need your help to win over more trust from the incoming refugees, if everything is to work out well.

-Your elf will continue to assist Rekenna in helping integrate the elvhen into the city. (Clashing cultures can bring out the lovely and the ugly and both characters will have to handle their people, even if they just want to kick them in the teeth lolol)

-The swelling numbers of refugees relocating, as well as your elf's and Rekenna's tireless efforts, bring the Thaig to a crossroads.
---The eventual outcome will be that the Assembly votes, and Arlathan refugees are now protected Cad'halash Citizens, and can now begin to hold official positions throughout the city.

-The king dies, and Rekenna is named a potential replacement.
---The outcome is that she does become queen, and names your elf as head of a new Noble House, thus putting your voice in the Assembly.
*Now the elvhen Cad'halash citizens can begin teaching their own crafts, history, art, etc. in the city, effectively beginning the blending of their cultures.
*Dwarves learn of magic, and thus how to better smith and craft weapons harnessing its power, or items to deflect it.
------Your elf and Rekenna begin working for a formal allyship with the elvhen of Arlathan.

-A formal allyship is agreed upon, and the city rejoices. Even if things aren't perfect, it's a new society, with a bright future ahead (cue the tragedy music lol)

-Your elf and Rekenna are enjoying a chill night, when a handful of scouts from the Deep Roads come back with news that Kal-Sharok is on the move, and their intentions do not look good.
--Seige doors have to be dropped, and all weapons-trained personnel are called to arms.

-An emergency Assembly gathering is called--the noble houses now split roughly to 80% dwarven deshyrs and 20% elvhen deshyrs, much like the population. They all know they're doomed. They had been worried about Tevinter retaliating, not the dwarves. Kal-Sharok knows how to shred their defenses, knows their rune secrets and smithing tricks.
--An elf comes forward, speaking of how the dwarva can, with a little blood magic help (blood magic isn't taboo yet), become mighty stone beasts--weapons, themselves. The only catch is that the caster of the spell had to (more or less) meld their minds in order to help control them.
---An Elder of the elvhen also offers up a method of getting people out of the city...a mirror. But not just any. An eluvian.
*They are unsure of how it will affect dwarves, but it's the only hope, currently
----The Assembly votes on the method of blood magic...and it passes. The first golems will be created, in hopes that more of the city can be evacuated.

-Rekenna must address the city, and asks for volunteers to be turned into golems. She is the first to volunteer, and will ask your elf to be the caster of the spell. There is no one she trusts more.

-An epic battle happens, but, as the lore goes--everything is lost. We lose. (BUT: I would love to work toward one of those tragic, last-moment scenes where both our characters know the gig's up, and are telling each other see you on the other side and shit lol.)

I am definitely open to adding plot points in that you come up with, or even twisting some of the ones I've got--I love lore-twisting and building stories with a partner. Just want you to know that there is a plan involved, it's not an aimless meander in my mind lol.

MY CHARACTER:
Rekenna Stoneheart

Picture:

Picture:

Just imagine her face a little older-looking. It's a wonderful character creator, but it comes at the price of not much facial customization lol.

Bio:
She comes from a long, proud line of Warriors, and has found herself a Noble House to champion. And though the head of the House isn't the most popular, he's one that shares many of Rekenna's morals, and so several years ago, she gladly accepted his offer of being her patron.

Her upbringing was rough--endless training, a ruthless mother, and she has only a few memories of a kind father. She's still managed to keep soft spots of her heart--unusual for a devoted member of an elite force within the Warrior caste, known as The Legion. (In this RP, The Legion is something that could have inspired Legion of the Dead to be formed later) Being part of The Legion means that when in uniform, she's not allowed to smile unless it's in showing pride for her home Thaig. Out of uniform, however, she finds an easy grin and sense of humor. Especially three ales deep. Even if she does care and worry too much about her Thaig.

Okay, I figure that's enough rambling for now. I also have notes on what the Thaig would look like, how their Castes operate a little differently, and plot points I think would be cool to have, but aren't integral to the advancing of the story. If you want to know more, or this sounds interesting to you, let me know! Reply here or shoot me a DM!

Back
Top Bottom